You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Neymar [Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Neymar [Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior]

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:29 pm

prasun77 wrote:This is why we will turn obsolete..No excuses..I know he was young but 24 million for Neymar was a STEAL!
http://www.goal.com/en-in/news/bayern-munich-turned-down-24m-neymar-in-2010-claims-agent/8pp0993ejwt41458xp9a5tmvn

Sorry for going off-topic, but here are the list of ALL South American players that I'm aware were offered to us while they were still in South America and we refused to buy due to the price. Anyone has any more information please feel free to add:

- Diego Maradona
- Kaka
- Carlos Tevez
- Sergio Aguero
- Neymar

These are the South American players I remember us buying directly from South America. I'm sure I missed quite a few:

- Roque Santa Cruz
- Martin Demichelis
- Julio dos Santos
- José Paolo Guerrero (signed as a youth player as such)
- Breno
- Jose Sosa

The different in quality is really big between the misses and the players we actually got.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MiaSanFCB » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:49 pm

It might not be a popular opinion but I think It was the right choice, had we signed him he would have asked to leave us after 2-3 seasons looking for a "new challenge" and we wouldn't have got nowhere near the 222 million Barcelona got for him due to his release clause.
MiaSanFCB
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby MiaSanFCB » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:08 pm

MUTU wrote:These are the South American players I remember us buying directly from South America. I'm sure I missed quite a few:

- Roque Santa Cruz
- Martin Demichelis
- Julio dos Santos
- José Paolo Guerrero (signed as a youth player as such)
- Breno
- Jose Sosa

The different in quality is really big between the misses and the players we actually got.

- Adolfo Valencia - from Colombia
- Bernardo (father of the RB Leipzig player) - from Brazil
MiaSanFCB
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby Effenberg777 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:28 am

Bayern never been to good at scouting players outside germany or europe
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby prasun77 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:01 pm

MUTU..you are trying to nullify my point but this in turn raises a concern..
Why have we signed all flops from South America and rejected all the good ones..
The ones who flopped here flopped everywhere..so they were definite flops..but why is our scouting so poor in South America..There are SO SO SO many good attacking players there its an unpardonable offence to perform poorly there..
Its pathetic to see Barca,Atleti and Real signing 1 gem after another while we are simply goofing about..I know Spanish and all those arguments but still..Bottom line is we MUST be better in South America..Germany produces 1 good forward every 10 years but look at argentina..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Viva La Bayern » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Back on topic; The big thing about this transfer (laughing at Barca aside.. :lol: ) this will hurt the transfer market in the long run. €222m for any player is an insane amount. In comparrison Swansea are asking £50m for Sigurdsson from Everton a fairly average player. This will become more the norm then the exception the way inflation has gone. £90m for Pogba wont seem so ridiculous and this is a huge concern going forward.
Viva La Bayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:34 pm

prasun77 wrote:MUTU..you are trying to nullify my point but this in turn raises a concern..
Why have we signed all flops from South America and rejected all the good ones..
The ones who flopped here flopped everywhere..so they were definite flops..but why is our scouting so poor in South America..There are SO SO SO many good attacking players there its an unpardonable offence to perform poorly there..
Its pathetic to see Barca,Atleti and Real signing 1 gem after another while we are simply goofing about..I know Spanish and all those arguments but still..Bottom line is we MUST be better in South America..Germany produces 1 good forward every 10 years but look at argentina..

It's not as easy as that

Many clubs from Bundesliga have tried to sign rising stars from South America, and most of them have flopped. Firmino is one of the few exceptions.

I think they have higher chances of success going to Spain, Italy or England. Life style, culture, language...
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:36 am

prasun77 wrote:MUTU..you are trying to nullify my point but this in turn raises a concern..

Trying to nullify your point? From my end it felt like I was strengthening your view mate :)

I wouldn't say our flops flopped elsewhere. For example Guerrero did end up scoring a 69' sole goal in the 2012 Club World Cup final against Chelsea, but in general none of our South American purchases (directly acquired from South America) have ever reached a top level in football.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:41 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Many clubs from Bundesliga have tried to sign rising stars from South America, and most of them have flopped. Firmino is one of the few exceptions.

*cough* Pizarro *cough* Lucio *cough* Gustavo *cough* Jorginho *cough* Paulo Sérgio

And these are just players eventually ended up playing for Bayern. Almost got caught in the coughing and mentioned Rafinha, but I stayed strong.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MaCk0y » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:58 am

MUTU wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:Many clubs from Bundesliga have tried to sign rising stars from South America, and most of them have flopped. Firmino is one of the few exceptions.

*cough* Pizarro *cough* Lucio *cough* Gustavo *cough* Jorginho *cough* Paulo Sérgio

And these are just players eventually ended up playing for Bayern. Almost got caught in the coughing and mentioned Rafinha, but I stayed strong.
*triple cough* Jose Roberto da Silva Junior.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:23 am

MaCk0y wrote:
MUTU wrote:

*triple cough* Jose Roberto da Silva Junior.

Debatable. It's true that Leverkusen signed him from Flamengo but he had already played for Real Madrid before then.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:23 am

MUTU wrote:

Ze Roberto, Juan, Dede.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:51 am

How many in the last 15 years?
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:27 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:How many in the last 15 years?

Argentina
Andrés D'Alessandro
Martin Demichelis
Federico Insúa
Cristian Ledesma
José Sosa
Franco Zuculini

Brazil
Carlos Alberto
Renato Augusto
Carlos Eduardo
Roberto Firmino
Gilberto
Henrique
Juan
Kleber
Luizão
Marcelinho Paraíba
Mineiro
Naldo
Gustavo Nery
Thiago Neves
Rafinha
Alex Silva
Tinga
Walace
Wesley

Chile
Arturo Vidal
Charles Aránguiz
Waldo Ponce
Junior Fernandes

and... I'm fed up. As far as I can tell all of these ones have played for their national team. Two of them currently play for Bayern.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Neymar is to take Barca to the Court as he wants the 26 million bonus he was promised upon signing his last contract with his former employers...
http://www.premiumsporthd.it/altro-calc ... 9151.shtml

What a low man... $0B ,

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News