You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Neymar [Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Neymar [Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior]

Postby Jorge » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:17 am

Firefox1234 wrote:I know this goes against my arguments but......
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363054673.747464.jpg

In that case we can sign Justin Bieber, Prince William or one of the Kardashians and any of them will sell as many as Ronaldo :?
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:19 am

I know CR7 was already an established superstar so in his case it came much easier for Real Madrid. So dont get me wrong im still on the no column for getting Neymar :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby AdepT » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:22 pm

Jorge wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:I know this goes against my arguments but......
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363054673.747464.jpg

In that case we can sign Justin Bieber, Prince William or one of the Kardashians and any of them will sell as many as Ronaldo :?

:lol: :lol:

Well, we could have sold Pope's T-shirts for God's sake(literally)! :wink:
That would have broken all the world records. It's a shame that he has already resigned. :roll:
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby tflags » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:37 pm

tflags wrote:I do believe Breitner just said the whole press deal over Bayern and Neymar was a 'thing of children.' So, shall we make this the Kindergarden-Talk Thread?

Ok. So main scout doesn't like him, Guardiola doesn't like him, and I bet my two rounded parts Hopfner doesn't like that transfer bill either. Is there any SERIOUS intent on this other than the free exposure?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:41 pm

Why am I reading that Guardiola doesn't like him on the forum when I had been reading some time ago that Guardiola is a big fan of Neymar and vice versa? Did I miss some news? Admittedly I've been too busy lately to keep up.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby krkla » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:40 pm

MUTU wrote:Why am I reading that Guardiola doesn't like him on the forum when I had been reading some time ago that Guardiola is a big fan of Neymar and vice versa? Did I miss some news? Admittedly I've been too busy lately to keep up.

It's impossible to keep up, on rumours concerning Neymar. Every other 10 minutes he's either going to City, Chelsea, United, PSG, Real or Barca.
krkla
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby tflags » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:38 pm

MUTU wrote:Why am I reading that Guardiola doesn't like him on the forum when I had been reading some time ago that Guardiola is a big fan of Neymar and vice versa? Did I miss some news? Admittedly I've been too busy lately to keep up.

Newspapers will tell you anything to either support a source (by feeding false info every other time) or to speculate and sell more newspapers.

Guardiola studied Neymar quite a bit for the Club World Cup in Japan, even going as far as comparing him to Messi. Where Messi ‘doesn't compete to appear in magazines, attract girls or appear in adverts, but to win the match, the title, the personal challenge,' Neymar goes and has a 'special haircut for the final... [buys] a big fancy watch and [gets] some Japanese inscription added to his boots." This was Guardiola's assessment on the difference between a true professional player and some guy who lives his life as a PR manual. Source is Guillem Belague's biography on Guardiola.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:38 pm

Neymar is just a kid...or was a kid...he is still growing...

Look at that Alaba video...

Him driving an Audi with his friend while listening to Justin Bieber and singing along. and he posted that video on youtube. Kids stuff. That doesnt mean he is not giving everything in training.

What about Ribery joking around. stealing and crashing a bus outside the training ground...and much more silly things. That is why our fans love him. because he is our joker.

I am not saying that Neymar will become another MEssi or Ronaldo...but now...since never...we have a chance to buy almost any player on the planet...we have the funds we are on the top of the piramid and will have one of the most sought-after coaches out there. Players would just love to play under him.
We dreamt about being able to bring superstars to our club and now when we can everyone is saying we dont need players like that.
If we didnt splash money on Ribery [who was also a prospect and was not world class player than] we wouldnt have our Ribery today and wouldnt probably be one of the top clubs because everything changed with that transfer.
We splashed 40 mil€ on Martinez [a player who is nothing more than a bright prospect and a good one i must say] and I am happy that we did because we have the money and we didnt go into red because of it.
The fact is if you wanna stay a top team you need to add quality every year...if not you risk going backwards.

And we surely wont go into red if we splash money for Neymar. Some of you dont understand how this whole FFP works and how a players transfer fee is balanced in the accounting books.
If we buy a player for 50 mil€ and he signs 5 year contract...that means that transfer fee of 50 mil€ will be spread to 5 years...which means 10 mil€ a year. so there is no way we would be in red...even if we spent 200 mil€ for a player who signs a 5 year contract..because we have more than enough money...and it just keeps on coming:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Jorge » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:45 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Neymar is just a kid...or was a kid...he is still growing...

Look at that Alaba video...

Him driving an Audi with his friend while listening to Justin Bieber and singing along. and he posted that video on youtube. Kids stuff. That doesnt mean he is not giving everything in training.

What about Ribery joking around. stealing and crashing a bus outside the training ground...and much more silly things. That is why our fans love him. because he is our joker.

I am not saying that Neymar will become another MEssi or Ronaldo...but now...since never...we have a chance to buy almost any player on the planet...we have the funds we are on the top of the piramid and will have one of the most sought-after coaches out there. Players would just love to play under him.
We dreamt about being able to bring superstars to our club and now when we can everyone is saying we dont need players like that.
If we didnt splash money on Ribery [who was also a prospect and was not world class player than] we wouldnt have our Ribery today and wouldnt probably be one of the top clubs because everything changed with that transfer.
We splashed 40 mil€ on Martinez [a player who is nothing more than a bright prospect and a good one i must say] and I am happy that we did because we have the money and we didnt go into red because of it.
The fact is if you wanna stay a top team you need to add quality every year...if not you risk going backwards.

And we surely wont go into red if we splash money for Neymar. Some of you dont understand how this whole FFP works and how a players transfer fee is balanced in the accounting books.
If we buy a player for 50 mil€ and he signs 5 year contract...that means that transfer fee of 50 mil€ will be spread to 5 years...which means 10 mil€ a year. so there is no way we would be in red...even if we spent 200 mil€ for a player who signs a 5 year contract..because we have more than enough money...and it just keeps on coming:)

You have good points but they are controversial when it comes to Bayern Munich. You are spreading out a potential large transfer fee for Neymar throughout a 5 year period to make your case, but Bayern already paid a large transfer fee for Martinez, at one point when you overlay 10M on top of 10M on top of 10M.... you start to operate like the Manchester City or PSG but without deep oil pockets and you are at risk of becoming the next Newcastle United.

I have no problem with Bayern spending some big cash in a certain "marquee" player every 2-3 years but I am against entering a race for "the next big thing" everytime there is one. We do not want to behave like a teenager sleeping outside the Apple Store.

Your example of Ribery does not apply to this case. Ribery was a proven international star with solid European experience when we bought him, he shone at 2006 WC. One year before he signed for Bayern RM offered €30 million for him, at the end he decided to come to Bayern for a number of reasons and we paid a smaller transfer fee but when we talk about Neymar the numbers mentioned more than double that.

Bayern is a club of balance, we have players developed from our youth ranks and that costs a few millions, we have players bought for a fraction of what they are worth now through wise scouting (like Dante or Mandzukic) and of course it is good to go after a certain player that could give that extra edge to the team every 2-3 years. We did it with Gomez, Neuer and Martinez in recent years.

We financed the purchase of Ribery selling Hargreaves, to make a parallel most likely after spending 40M + salary on Martinez Bayern can purchase Neymar if he is top on Guardiola's wish list but a current Bayern star must be sold. Of the players whose sale can potentially help with a downpayment I do not see Muller, Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Ribery, Lahm or Neuer being sold. Robben, Gomez? Pick your poison.........
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:09 pm

Agreed! For some reason people want Bayern to splash cash just cause they can but if you look at Bayern's history they never spend big just because they can its usually to address a major need in the squad. At the moment Bayern dont need Neymar when there are cheaper and better options on the market. When Bayern has spent big money it is usually to address major needs for the squad at that point in time.(Robbery, Gomez, and recently Martinez). At the moment Bayern just needs to spend on cheap youngsters or developing players who can grow to fill the shoes of some aging players such as Lahm, Schweinstiger, and Ribery/Robben since Shaqiri is already here.....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby sch0ll7 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:38 pm

I am not saying we should splash money just to feel rich. I am against splashing money on overrated players. What I wanted to point out was that we have the money and it would not be any problem buying Neymar.

Another reason is why we will need to splash money is... We have top players in our squad...and if you want to upgrade you will need to splash money for that. It is not like we have Lell, Hashemiah, Karimi etc...in our squad now. We have 30 mil€ players warming the bench. And you really cant get a better player than Robben or Gomez for 10 mil€.

Our team really looks world class at the moment. Maybe the only position needs strenghtening [in the next 3 years] is ST. We are filled on flanks and midfield. We have solid CBs with Dante, Boateng, Badstuber and we already have another CB coming in the summer.
Neuer is here to stay for another decade. We have Lahm and Alaba who are great at the moment and we wont need to change that for another 3-4 years at least.

So striker position is the only one that needs [if we really do?] strenghtening in the near future.

You can do 2 things:

1. Not spend a penny in the next 3 years and hope your team is strong enough even though you know there are probably better strikers out there that you can easily afford.

2. Splash 30-40mil€ on a top striker like Falcao, Benzema or someone else and strenghten your team.

Man Utd had Rooney playing as a striker and they still bought Van Persie and gave him a huge wage even though they know they wont get any resale value when his contract finishes. They have less money to spend comparing to us but they still added quality to their attacking departement.

When it comes to Neymar he really did not prove his worth in Europe and is just a kid who has huge potential. But remember that Ronaldo, Messi and other top players were also just some kids with huge potential. It is not that I am cheering for Neymar because I want people to start calling us FC Hollywood again [because I hate that] but because I really think he will become class and if he doesnt renew his contract he will become really cheap this summer. And few years back there was no way he would even consider joining us but now players like him actually do and we need to take advantage of that. We would get all the money back in few years time if money is the issue with some of you.
Another good thing with him is that he is a rare talent who can play good in all 3 attacking roles. left side, right side and striker role. Similar to Muller but probably more attacking minded. So in the end we can use him in 3 different positions if we want.

But in the end I think he will go to Barcelona or RM because they will put a lot of effort in getting him. If he does join them I dont want him becoming another Ronaldo or Messi:D
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:32 pm

I understand you but I believe Bayern dont need to spend at the moment. Bayern is one of the few big clubs that can rely on its youth system to provide world class players for the future. So getting an overrated youngster like Neymar i see as a waste of the great youngsters who are dying for there chance to shine.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:54 pm

If Neymar is worth 60 million, I'd say we sell Alaba to the same appraiser. With those proceeds Bayern could easily build a new 90,000 red seats Allianz without as much as an e-mail to the bank...
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MoFattal » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:55 pm

I think all such talks should be left till after our treble quest ends.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby BAYERNMUNICH4LIFE » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:48 am

If Pep is as good as everyone seems to think he is then I trust he will do right thing.... and that's bring in Bale,
Benz, and Neymar =D> =D> =D>
BAYERNMUNICH4LIFE
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News