You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Neymar [Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Neymar [Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior]

Postby BAYERNMUNICH4LIFE » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:46 am

Firefox1234 wrote:
BAYERNMUNICH4LIFE wrote:I totally get that and that's one of the reasons I respect Bayern so much as a club... they manage, build, develop, and perform just as good if not better than any of the other top tier clubs around the world.. but we won't to compete I mean really compete at the top every year in the bundi and champs league we are going to need to Chang pe was with the times a little bit... meaning more quality big name purchases like javi a little more than were known for... but I understand Martinez value is in his ability to play more than one position... that's why I'm all for players like bale, Benz, and Neymar being brought in ... all three under pep can play multiple positions and adds youth with keeps us fresh in key positions... Gomez is limited... Robben is injury prone and a sometimes player... sometimes he passes sometimes he trys on defense... sometimes hes fit to play... u get it... Gomez is limited on the ball and tracking back... with little to no pace... he can score sure but he needs ideal circumstances to do so... on the other out of all these players I think Bale would be our best bet... he is a work horse... he has great pace.. he's good on the ball , he can play multiple positions. Off and Def. And his crosses in the box would easily push Manzu to 20_30 goals per easy with the way he heads the ball..

I understand Bayern need to make big purchases to stay on top of Europe but at the moment Bayern have a elite squad and other than a back up AM another big time purchase wont be neccesary for a while. In my opinion i can see Martinez take Schwein's role and develop a more offensive role in the future but a signing like Neymar isnt as neccessary as when Bayern got Robben, Gomez, Ribery, and Martinez. Right now is the best time to develop youngsters, In my opinion bayern wont need another big time purchase till Ribery or Schwein leaves.

Really? You really think we have and elite team? On paper name by name a team like Real Madrid is elite..we are very very good.at best but teams like Real, Barca, ManU, Man city, Chelsea, BVB, juventus, are not just gonna sit on there hands while we take our time developing every young German wonder kid we can find... just because I'm a fan I'm not gonna say we don't need to improve to make it to the top and stay there..

I failed to mention PSG,arsenal, Liverpool, and a few others with either the money or players to do real damage in Europe.. the only thing holding most of them back is either management or funds, in some cases both..
BAYERNMUNICH4LIFE
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:02 pm

God dammit, you people write too much :roll:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:23 pm

BAYERNMUNICH4LIFE wrote:Really? You really think we have and elite team? On paper name by name a team like Real Madrid is elite..we are very very good.at best but teams like Real, Barca, ManU, Man city, Chelsea, BVB, juventus, are not just gonna sit on there hands while we take our time developing every young German wonder kid we can find... just because I'm a fan I'm not gonna say we don't need to improve to make it to the top and stay there..

I failed to mention PSG,arsenal, Liverpool, and a few others with either the money or players to do real damage in Europe.. the only thing holding most of them back is either management or funds, in some cases both..

I agree with you that Bayern may not have the most star power as those clubs but that doesnt always translate to a winning team. If that were so PSG and Man C would be instant kings of Europe and Real Madrid would not have had such a long UCL trophy drought. The fact that Bayern at the moment have such a great squad they can afford to take some time to develop some players. Bayern rent in the same situation as 8-10 years ago when they needed star players. And when they were they bought the players to make this squad what it is. Im not saying Bayern shouldnt spend on world class players im just saying at the moment Bayern can afford to develop youngsters since most of the squad is world class.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby BAYERNMUNICH4LIFE » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
BAYERNMUNICH4LIFE wrote:Really? You really think we have and elite team? On paper name by name a team like Real Madrid is elite..we are very very good.at best but teams like Real, Barca, ManU, Man city, Chelsea, BVB, juventus, are not just gonna sit on there hands while we take our time developing every young German wonder kid we can find... just because I'm a fan I'm not gonna say we don't need to improve to make it to the top and stay there..

I agree with you that Bayern may not have the most star power as those clubs but that doesnt always translate to a winning team. If that were so PSG and Man C would be instant kings of Europe and Real Madrid would not have had such a long UCL trophy drought. The fact that Bayern at the moment have such a great squad they can afford to take some time to develop some players. Bayern rent in the same situation as 8-10 years ago when they needed star players. And when they were they bought the players to make this squad what it is. Im not saying Bayern shouldnt spend on world class players im just saying at the moment Bayern can afford to develop youngsters since most of the squad is world class.....

I hear you Firefox.... but like I sad above the only thing standing in the way of these teams with slightly better rosters than ours is proper management and overall team chemistry...two places we excel.. with the addition of two or three world class players introduced to the Bayern way of doing things could see us dominating world football for the next 10 years..expanding our reach globally and easily attracting the best talent in the world like some of the others seem to do just on there name alone, mostly... our history is great too but at the moment our reach isn't as long as the Real's and ManU's....or Barca, for that matter...
Last edited by BAYERNMUNICH4LIFE on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BAYERNMUNICH4LIFE
Getting the hang of it

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:33 pm

Well, no argument there :P

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby BAYERNMUNICH4LIFE » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:45 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Well, no argument there :P

Common ground is a nice place to be. =D>
BAYERNMUNICH4LIFE
Getting the hang of it

Postby tflags » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:03 pm

I do believe Breitner just said the whole press deal over Bayern and Neymar was a 'thing of children.' So, shall we make this the Kindergarden-Talk Thread?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Jorge » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:01 pm

Anyone who believes that Bayern does not have a complete squad of superstars that can be put side to side to Barca, RM, Man City or PSG is not a genuine Bayern Fan :oops:.

Bayern's approach should not be going into an spending race against those clubs mentioned but to spend wisely within the club's needs and continue to spend in the club's academy system. What other clubs can claim that half of its starters came from the club's youth ranks? Maybe Barca only.

More than overpaid International Stars Bayern should remain faithful to its identity, the club is the perfect mix of Bavarian born and raised players, German players and a few international stars. Anyone looking at Bayern getting stacked with celebrity players from all over the world with no ties to the club, the city, the region and Germany should go ahead and root for Manchester City, Real Madrid or PSG. Mia San Mia.

Bayern's priority should not be chasing the next Neymar (who can turn into the next Robinho BTW) If Neymar wants to come to Bayern it should not be a simple financial operation but a sporting decision and in that case the player should come to terms giving up something on his side (like Martinez did) Bayern's priority should be to retain the club’s assets, players like Schweinsteiger, Muller, Alaba or Kroos who could probably be valuated at substantially more if they wore a Real Madrid jersey.

How can somebody expect Bayern to spend 50 Million Dollars on Modric (like RM did) to have him on the bench? What would he offer Bayern over what we currently have? Look at Fabio Coentrao who was also in Bayern's radar when we were looking a a full back. RM paid Benfica €30m for him, we instead decided to develop Alaba, do you really think that Coentrao is much better than Alaba? Even if you do, Coentrao is not getting any better, wait and see where Alaba will be in 2-3 years.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby dambun » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:03 pm

Thanks Jorge... very very well-said.... =D>
I agree... if we are going to bring any new players, it should make sense financially and it should be based on a through sporting analysis.... That's who we are... and I believe the board won't drive away from this strategy just because Pep is coming...

p.s. Coentrao is no better than Alaba IMO... l rate David very very highly....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:16 pm

Completely agree my argument was to do safe spending and €50m+ on Neymar would be the exact opposite. Im not saying Bayern shouldnt spend at all but on proven players like they did on Robben, Ribery, Gomez, and Martinez. Those 4 players are the only ones Bayern ever spent over €20m on. Just cause a couple Brazilian old farts say he is the next best thing means nothing, Bayern already have a youth system that can produce world class players. I see why English clubs spend boat loads on youngsters since most of them don produce world class players on their own....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:33 pm

You know, all this talk is based on the assumption that we are willing to pay 50+ for Neymar. No one said that. It's just utter speculation. If we are really after him (something which I don't really mind), I'm pretty sure we won't be paying that much. Otherwise, we will simply let Barca or whoever have him.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby silberkreuz » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:08 am

I kind of knew that once the £86m rumours surfaced, no matter how ridiculous, a discussion about the philosophy of the club would erupt.
Who are we?
How do we see ourselves?
How do we behave?

Are we world class? We consider ourselves to be, but at the same time, we consider ourselves distinctly different from other World Class clubs.
I wonder why that is.
silberkreuz
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:39 am

silberkreuz wrote:I kind of knew that once the £86m rumours surfaced, no matter how ridiculous, a discussion about the philosophy of the club would erupt.
Who are we?
How do we see ourselves?
How do we behave?

Are we world class? We consider ourselves to be, but at the same time, we consider ourselves distinctly different from other World Class clubs.
I wonder why that is.

I agree at the moment from these posts we are seeing what type of club people think Bayern Munich is and what type of club fans here want Bayern to be. Personally i want Bayern to stay its cautious self when it comes to making big ticket transfers, cause so far it has worked flawlessy. As i said before Bayern have only spent €20m on four players and they were a success. There are countless clubs who would kill for that type of record. I like how Bayern spend a lot of money on developing youth saving a lot of money so that when its necessary to spend they have the cash and it helps them avoid buying over priced and overrated players like Neymar....This goes out to the new fans especially, dont expect Bayern to be splashing cash as often as most big clubs.....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AdepT » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:04 am

1. We have to remember that it's hard earned money that is at stake here not oil/extortionists i.e. black money.
2. Barca spend too big and they always go into debt which they've every chance of clearing in the future years. But we will never break the bank to buy someone thinking we will earn all that invested money back. We spend from what we've made.
3. We have to pay off our stadium debts. So there's a limit to our summer spending.
4. People have to realise that it's not like that we can't spend 86m. It's that we won't spend in the current scenario. Uli once said that after we pay off whatever is remaining of our debts we will have the purchasing power to spend 80m on a single player. Perhaps, in the next 4-5 years.
5. The way we are progressing, our revenues will only go up. Plus we own ourselves so there's no chance of some owner reaping off our profits.
All of our profits will go into club development, wages and transfers.
6. Above all, we have always focused on bringing youth players into the first team who embody the values and culture of the club. That's something money can't buy.

We can always splash cash but we won't and we shouldn't until it's reasonable and necessary.

And IMHO, this Neymar transfer is unnecessary and unreasonable. :|
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:17 am

I know this goes against my arguments but......
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363054673.747464.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News