You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Naby Keïta [Naby Leye Keïta]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Naby Keïta [Naby Leye Keïta]

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:26 pm

Too much attention.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby RedQueen » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:31 am

^^Sorry if this discussion has drawn away the attention in this forum from your own contributions. I feel that the Keita transfer saga has raised more than enough issues worthy of discussion, whether directly related to FC Bayern or not. If it's too much attention for you, why don't you simply ignore it, instead of trying to kill the discussion? There are more than enough discussions in this forum I consider pointless or irritating; do you see me entering them and trying to kill them off? You don't because that's none of my business as I'm not a mod or an admin, and neither are you.

According to Bild, Keita earns 12m € p.a. at Liverpool. That's probably 10 times as much as he currently earns in Leipzig, as he is still on his first contract. Ask yourself whether Bayern would be willing to pay 12m p.a. for a midfield talent with one - albeit great - Bundesliga season under his belt.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:22 am

The Kicker says that Bayern were after Keita and were offered the same deal Liverpool was offered - pay 15m above the 55m exit clause and secure the player for July next year. They say there were talks with good prospects between Bayern and Leipzig. In the end Bayern thought the risk was too high.

They're citing more examples. They say that Bayern could have had Keita already back when he was still in Salzburg, likewise Sadio Mane.

There's one good thing to be taken from these news: Apparently there's no "we're not selling to Bayern" policy at Leipzig.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Coman » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:07 am

Good luck to Keita. I hope he will make Liverpool capable of winning their aim : one FA Cup and 2 TOP 4 in EPL in the next 5 years.
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby RedQueen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:09 am

It really defies belief that they were offered Keita for 15m last summer and turned it down, and signed Sanches for 35m plus instead.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:21 am

RedQueen wrote:It really defies belief that they were offered Keita for 15m last summer and turned it down, and signed Sanches for 35m plus instead.

TBH who would have taken Keita over Renato in 2016 ?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:23 am

TBH I'm not sure whether all the alleged interest by big clubs in Sanches was even real, or just a marketing ploy by Benfica and Mendes. Read that Benfica desperately needed the money.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:56 am

ramsej84 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:It really defies belief that they were offered Keita for 15m last summer and turned it down, and signed Sanches for 35m plus instead.

TBH who would have taken Keita over Renato in 2016 ?

Not only this. I bet that if we had bought Keita for 15m last summer and RB Leipzig got Renato Sanches last summer for 35m, the latter would have become a star and Keita would have been a similar failure to Renato Sanches, and we'd have been calling our management misers.

Renato Sanches was, is, and will be a bigger talent than Keita. His current form is due to lack of playing time, but in 5 years time I predict things to look much different.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:00 am

RedQueen wrote:TBH I'm not sure whether all the alleged interest by big clubs in Sanches was even real, or just a marketing ploy by Benfica and Mendes. Read that Benfica desperately needed the money.

So someone dressed up as Mourinho was making the claims on TV about wanting to sign Sanches? :P

"I arrived late," Mourinho told Sport TV. "I signed in May, we started talking a week before, but completely out of the process. If I had arrived earlier, I’d fight for him.

“Manchester United watched Renato many times and maybe I did it even more. In so much time at home, I watched many Benfica and Portuguese league games, I got to know the boy better with time.

“He’s in a big club, in a league where he’ll certainly be the champion. The club have players of very high level which belong to the structure, a little like Benfica.” [source]

EDIT: oh wait... you said "big clubs" :mrgreen:
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:56 am

RB Leipzig wouldn't have bought Sanches for 35m. And as for Mourinho, he wasn't manager at ManU when Sanches was sold.

We'll see which player will turn out the bigger talent in five years.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:04 am

RedQueen wrote:And as for Mourinho, he wasn't manager at ManU when Sanches was sold.

He wasn't, but he confirmed that Man Utd were indeed after him and heavily scouting him and that had he joined earlier he would have put more pressure on the management to sign him.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:19 am

If he is so convinced I can only wonder why he didn't put a huge bid in and at least tried to sign him this summer, given all the talk that Bayern wanted to get rid.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:05 pm

RedQueen wrote:If he is so convinced I can only wonder why he didn't put a huge bid in and at least tried to sign him this summer, given all the talk that Bayern wanted to get rid.
After the Carlo effect? Yeah, right.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:33 pm

I think if you truly believe a player is a great talent you're not put off by "the Carlo effect". Maybe he wasn't that convinced anymore after that year, and the Euro U21 (where there was no Carlo to ruin things). It's not like ManU never signed a player who turned out a total flop before, either. Or that much hyped super-talents never failed to fulfill their promise.

But I've argued that case before; I think Bayern not being bankrolled by an oil state should leave the high risk gambles aka Sanches to said oil clubs, or clubs in a similar financial position. When I said it's mind-boggling that Bayern signed Sanches for 35m plus (and we really don't know what exactly Sanches cost so far, as there were 45m in add-ons with conditions that still aren't quite clear) but turned down Keita for 15m, I wasn't so much thinking of who is the greater talent but of the risk/reward ratio.

I felt from the start that the Sanches transfer is very unlike Bayern (and I know I'm not alone with that opinion; many fans in Germany didn't understand that transfer at all). Bayern aren't normally a very venturesome club when it comes to transfers, and the fact that they backed off of that Keita-deal this summer (with the pre-contract) illustrates it. Sanches was always going to be a gamble, with the player having played only half a year of professional football and the language issues.

It just baffles me they decided to pay more than twice the money up front over going for someone like Keita who has a much lower risk/reward ratio, both in terms of costs and in terms of potential integration issues (that's assuming the Kicker report is true and both Keita and RB Salzburg would have agreed to the deal of course). I still suspect (and with that theory I'm not alone either) with Sanches it was more a power demonstration towards the likes of ManU, like "yes, Bayern is in the market for buying the world's most promising super-talents, too".
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:04 pm

How sure are you that Bayern backed off of a Keita deal in the last two summers? The way I see it, it could also possibly be a case of Bayern being rejected by Keita.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News