You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Naby Keïta [Naby Leye Keïta]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Naby Keïta [Naby Leye Keïta]

Postby IsiahRashad » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:58 am

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Mani » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:13 pm

I would be surprised if Leipzig agrees to put release clauses on player contracts anymore after this
Mani
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby RedQueen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:19 pm

Mani wrote:I would be surprised if Leipzig agrees to put release clauses on player contracts anymore after this

Normally Rangnick doesn't do release clauses. But with Keita, if you're seven year old, newly promoted Leipzig and the player has offers from Arsenal and City, you have a problem with negotiation power. It was probably the only possibility to get him to sign.Depends on the situation really.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Mani » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:32 pm

Yeah it made sense back then. Wont probably happen again though, better not to sign the player if he thinks you are just a stepping stone
Mani
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Viva La Bayern » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:30 pm

Mani wrote:Yeah it made sense back then. Wont probably happen again though, better not to sign the player if he thinks you are just a stepping stone

Why? its a win win situation in alot of ways. The player that you wouldnt otherwise get (Keita for this example) you get and he has a massive influence in getting your club to a second place finish in the league. Not only this but he then moves and you make a very large profit. Clubs like Leipzig even Dortmund for that matter will always be stepping stones for top talent players. They cant pay the wages any of the top end premier league teams can or the euro giants can.
Viva La Bayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Mani » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:56 pm

Leipzig have bigger ambitions than Dortmund and in theory, could pay PL wages. Not yet though

And Leipzig dont care about profit, that's why they rejected all Liverpool offers this summer
Mani
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Viva La Bayern » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:21 pm

Mani wrote:
And Leipzig dont care about profit, that's why they rejected all Liverpool offers this summer

They might not but that isnt a bad situation to be in; making substantial profit off a player you wouldnt have gotten without a release clause.
Viva La Bayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Pelin » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:27 pm

it's very early to say about Rb Leipzig, since they are in early phase of their project.However, even with this fact, like Mani said, they rejected 3 offers from Liverpool for Keita.

They got 15 m euros more for a player who will leave for 55 m euros. in addition, they have 1 year to work for his replacement.

Nobody can offer high wages like English teams, they are unique in this matter. they are simply the king of overpaying.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby RedQueen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:34 pm

Pelin wrote:it's very early to say about Rb Leipzig, since they are in early phase of their project.However, even with this fact, like Mani said, they rejected 3 offers from Liverpool for Keita.

They got 15 m euros more for a player who will leave for 55 m euros. in addition, they have 1 year to work for his replacement.

That won't take a year. Absolutely everything points to it that Leverkusen's Kevin Kampl will be a Leipzig player tomorrow.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:58 pm

So if I understood correctly, Liverpool will pay 70m for Keïta, a couple of months after the 9th anniversary of RB Leipzig. In the meantime, our highest sale remains 30m for Kroos.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:04 pm

8th anniversary. They were founded in March 2009.

They're also already starting to buy their direct rivals' best players for peanuts.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:16 pm

RedQueen wrote:8th anniversary. They were founded in March 2009.

They're also already starting to buy their direct rivals' best players for peanuts.

July 2018, take away March 2009 = 9 years 3 months. They're paying the money next Summer, no?
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:18 pm

MUTU wrote:
RedQueen wrote:8th anniversary. They were founded in March 2009.

July 2018, take away March 2009 = 9 years 3 months. They're paying the money next Summer, no?

Oh, gotcha, I thought you were talking about the day the deal was closed.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:21 pm

What I don't understand from this deal is what was in it for Keita to sign this early? Why didn't he leave his options open? In 10 months' time he'd have had such a big choice, including remaining at Leipzig.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:39 pm

Maybe he wanted clarity. What's interesting, I just learned that this deal has been in the making for weeks, and it was on Leipzig's initiative. After they failed to extend Keita's contract and remove the exit clause, they approached the top clubs themselves with the offer of agreeing a pre-contract on a higher fee than the release clause that could have been activated next season. Among them not only Liverpool but also Barcelona. Liverpool was the first club to agree.

Now I understand why Liverpool agreed to that deal. I've been wondering for a day about this - why agree a deal for 20m more than the exit clause, just to make sure the player joins you even if he has a change of mind? What if he does have a change of mind - then you paid 70m for a player who'd rather be elsewhere? But in this situation, Liverpool had to act to prevent him from signing with another club *now*, not next summer.

Has anyone else ever tried to get around that problem of a release clause that turned out being too low in that manner? I've never heard of it. Smart business.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News