You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Naby Keïta [Naby Leye Keïta]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Naby Keïta [Naby Leye Keïta]

Postby Roonzil » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:48 pm

The 2019 Africa Cup of Nations is set to be held in the summer months as the tournament is expanded to involve 24 nations.

According to BBC Sport, the move will stop the competition clashing with European leagues due to scheduling issues. The Confederation of African Football confirmed the changes on Thursday.

:coffee:
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:50 pm

However they are going to change that ...
ACN to start being held in Summer

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby gumboduncan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:53 pm

I didn't now that. Good move for African football. Forgot about Benatia. Maybe because he was always injured and played little.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby FCB12Forever » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:26 pm

Roonzil wrote:Don't believe he ever wanted to join us. More a case of our fans wanting him tbh.

Personally I don't like him as a player (nasty fouling) or as a person (from what I've seen he's been trying to force RB's hand for a transfer to Liverpool).

Don't really care about this deal for our sake, but do care for Bundesliga sake...let's hope RB learn from this and will refrain from release clauses.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I don't think it is that simple.

Case is clear: RBL was just promoted from the 2.BL at the beginning when they bought Naby. Will he expect this team to be thriving on the long run? Not likely. Will he sign a contract that restricts his departure if the team is not doing that well? Not likely. He demands release clause in his contract, because he did not plan to stay for long. RBL has to eat the consequence as a team without a history: it is an inevitable lesson for them.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby RedQueen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:19 am

FCB12Forever wrote:
Roonzil wrote:Don't believe he ever wanted to join us. More a case of our fans wanting him tbh.

Personally I don't like him as a player (nasty fouling) or as a person (from what I've seen he's been trying to force RB's hand for a transfer to Liverpool).

Don't really care about this deal for our sake, but do care for Bundesliga sake...let's hope RB learn from this and will refrain from release clauses.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I don't think it is that simple.

Case is clear: RBL was just promoted from the 2.BL at the beginning when they bought Naby. Will he expect this team to be thriving on the long run? Not likely. Will he sign a contract that restricts his departure if the team is not doing that well? Not likely. He demands release clause in his contract, because he did not plan to stay for long. RBL has to eat the consequence as a team without a history: it is an inevitable lesson for them.

Keita was signed from Salzburg (where the same people brought him to that later brought him to Leipzig) and knew exactly what he could and couldn't expect from Leipzig. This isn't about "history", it's about money and nothing else. Keita comes from a very, very poor family, a family that literally had nothing at all, and has been giving money he earned from playing football to family and relatives since he was a little kid.He did an interview with Welt last summer when he arrived. Run it through google translate, or if you're interested I can translate the relevant paragraphs. It really tells you all you need to know. Rangnick got a lot of flak for his comments on the situation, but judging from the interview he was spot on. Naby did nothing wrong, he isn't the problem, and I don't think anyone at the club is holding anything against him. Heard Naby said only last week he'd like best to stay in Leipzig. It's other people who have been aggressively pushing for the move.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:02 am

Other people? Agents or family?
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby RedQueen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:10 am

pyrasur wrote:Other people? Agents or family?

The infamous "whole village in Guinea" ("the whole village" is a regional phrase in South Germany that means everyone related and acquainted). LFC fans are deluding themselves into thinking that it's about the history of their club or training under Klopp. It's nonsense; in all the interviews with Keita I've read he always mentioned Barcelona as his ultimate goal, the other two were Real Madrid and City (because of Pep). He never once mentioned LIverpool. Liverpool was simply the first (and so far only) club that pursued him this summer and offered him much more than he could earn in Leipzig. It's clear from the interviews he feels an obligation to financially support his family and relatives, and if you've been in that fairway from early childhood, you're an easy prey for vultures. Pretty sure Rangnick was simply trying to protect him, but failed. It's a sad story, I feel sorry for the guy.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:19 am

Shame. At least he was professional with Leipzig from the sounds of things. He had the chance to achieve a sporting legacy with Leipzig, and if he feels he has to cash in he's gotta do what he's gotta do, but I feel Liverpools time has come and gone. If he wants to make that step up to the truly elite now, unfortunately now that he will be going to an English club it might only be Barca or RM that can afford the price. Or claim to be able to anyway.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby RedQueen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:12 am

Keita did nothing wrong. The entourage tried to pressure him into forcing a move, but he said he won't shit on Leipzig. He said in the "Welt" interview I linked above he sees Rangnick as a father figure and absolutely trusts him. One can only hope he finds a trusted person in Liverpool.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB12Forever » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:08 am

RedQueen wrote:Keita did nothing wrong. The entourage tried to pressure him into forcing a move, but he said he won't shit on Leipzig. He said in the "Welt" interview I linked above he sees Rangnick as a father figure and absolutely trusts him. One can only hope he finds a trusted person in Liverpool.

Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it, also great article as well. Not only I feel sorry for Naby, I also feel sorry for Rangnick. Saw some LFC fans bashing him as racist for allegedly calling Conakry "a village", or accusing him for forcing Keita into "slave labor". Sadly some LFC fans grow some arrogance from their pre-season victory over Bayern, as well as successfully retaining Coutinho, let alone yesterday's destruction of Arsenal. Hopefully someone powerfully take them down this season in the CL, and I hope bayern could take the job (also avenging for the pre-season defeat).

Just one more question, do you think BL clubs should refrain (or take more caution) when signing African players in order to avoid this circumstance?
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:10 am

IMO he did a good thing not moving in this transfer window. At least he will play for RBL in the UCL.
I did not go through all the details but am I right to say that Liv payed the 2017 price tag and not the cheaper release clause of 2018?

As for how some players force out a transfer I notice this mainly from Brazilian and African players...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mani » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:12 am

Pretty poor decision, there could be much better teams than Liverpool that want him next year
Mani
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Pelin » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:27 am

Pool fans has arrogance? They must win a league title first. since they are not even Chealse or City, who dominates EPL anymore. if we can call their current status as success, even that it's related to a coach. To be honest, Keita deserves much better than Pool. poor move from him.

Regarding Keita, yep, our fans wanted him, not that Bayern wanted him. l remember he linked with us just once, with the likes of Tolisso, Goretzka and Rabiot. l think we must find a top class young regista in the coming future. it's too important for us. Same goes for fixing wing rotation next summer totally. l hope they won't go and sign another back up for Müller in Brandt. They have one year to sign top quality winger for next summer. l hope they won't miss it and gamble on another player again.
Last edited by Pelin on Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby RedQueen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:37 am

FCB12Forever wrote:Just one more question, do you think BL clubs should refrain (or take more caution) when signing African players in order to avoid this circumstance?

That would mean you make the player pay for something they didn't cause and can do nothing about. And it hits those who come from poor families especially. It would just add another injustice. It's not just African players either; happens with South American players as well. You're not going to change the situation by boycotting them. And from the club's perspectives, it would spare you the hassles, but you'd also lose out on potentially great talents. Don't think there's much you can do; you have to live with it.
Last edited by RedQueen on Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:46 am

ramsej84 wrote:IMO he did a good thing not moving in this transfer window. At least he will play for RBL in the UCL.
I did not go through all the details but am I right to say that Liv payed the 2017 price tag and not the cheaper release clause of 2018?

That's about right, depending on how RBL does in the league, they'll pay between 65 and 75m € (75 if they qualify for the CL, 70 if they qualify for EL, 65 if they finish outside the European spots).
He couldn't have moved this summer, it was clear from the start that RB wouldn't let him leave this window.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News