You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Matthew Dallman

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Matthew Dallman

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:16 am

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce is giving a trial to American youngster Matthew Dallman as he searches for new players.

Dallman, who is only five foot five inches tall, has spent the last week training with the rest of the squad at the Reebok Stadium and is eager for the chance to play in the Premiership.

The 21-year-old has spent the last three years playing his football for the University of Portland but is now seeking a move to Europe and revealed that he also has a trial with Bayern Munich lined up if Allardyce decides against signing him.

"I'm very excited to have had a shot with Bolton," Dallman said in the News of the World.

"But if I don't sign, I have a trial with Bayern Munich and I am in contact with several other clubs."
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby diegis » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:54 pm

:-k
never heard of him
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Schweini_rules » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:56 pm

im taller than him LOL :lol:
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fa » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:55 pm

I'm wondering whether they would buy him for his talent or for the profits of conquering the American market.. nowadays, like for instance with Karimi, Bayern are focussing more and more on the financial aspect.. too bad, because as we all notice, results are poor nowadays
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:32 am

Lol I can't find him on Google :P
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby diegis » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:07 am

Mirage wrote:Lol I can't find him on Google :P

i have found something :D
Image Image

Matthew Dallman
Position: MF
Height: 5'5"
Hometown: Hood River, Ore.

UNIVERSITY OF PORTLAND 2005: Started and appeared in 17 games at midfielder ... led the Pilots with four assists ... also had one goal, six points, 26 shots and 24 shots on goal ... recorded an assist on the game-winner during 1-0 win against Cal Poly ... assisted on game-winning goal during 1-0 win against Wisconsin ... scored equalizer during 2-2 tie against Gonzaga ... assisted on game-winner during 1-0 win at Washington.

UNIVERSITY OF PORTLAND 2004:
Finished as Portland’s fourth leading scorer with five goals and three assists as an attacking midfielder… named all-West Coast Conference honorable mention … all-WCC Freshman team selection … WCC Player of the Week (9-13) … played in all 22 games, working his way into the starting lineup for the final 14 contests of the season … came off of the bench to net game-winner versus UAB … scored a goal and assisted on the game-winner against Gonzaga at home … provided insurance strike at Gonzaga … also had goals versus College of Charleston and Santa Clara … other assists came versus San Diego and at Washington in the NCAA first round.

diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby diegis » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:09 am

great talent imo :-#
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FC Bajern » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:50 pm

supr4king wrote:great talent imo :-#

:-$ don't tell anybody
FC Bajern

Postby MUTU » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:27 pm

supr4king wrote:Image

He looks drowsy here.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby podolski4life » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:03 am

This guy sounds familiar. I remember that Zags game he played in.

I don’t think we intentionally want to conquer the American market. Most of the players go/want to go to England, and England’s been extending its reach into the US. Like that Arsenal deal with the Colorado Rapids.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:32 am

University of Portland midfielder Matthew Dallman will begin his third European trial in two weeks after he arrives at Bayern Munich II this weekend.

The 21-year old has impressed coaches at Bolton and FC Nordsjælland, both of whom want him back for a second look.

"Sunday, I take off for Bayern München to begin my trial on Monday," Dallman told YA. "At this point, I am very happy that I have been invited back by both clubs I have trained with, as both have seemed impressed with my play."

"I am taking the Bayern München trial as a very good opportunity to be seen by one of the biggest clubs in the world, and hope that they invite me back for another look."

"I understand that I am trialing with some very large and competitive clubs, which are very hard to become a part of," he admitted.

"Whatever happens throughout my trip, I am just thankful that I have been able to train with these great clubs, but still confident that I will sign somewhere."

Dallman enjoyed his brief stay in Denmark with college buddy Heath Pearce's Wild Tigers, who were a bit surprised by his impressive skills.

"FCN is great," he said. "Heath spoke with his coach and they agreed to let me train for the two days before they took off to Turkey (for mid-season camp)."

"The first day, I did very well. The coaches told me that they didn't know what to expect because I was just a friend of one of their players, but after practice they let me know that they would like me to stay for a longer period of time to have a closer look at me."

"The next day, we were unable to train because of a snow storm. The coach, Morten Wieghorst, came up to me again and spoke with me about my schedule."

"(He) told me that he wants to stay in contact with me while they are gone, and when they get back, he would like me to come back for further training."

"Heath has told me that the team and coaches were impressed with just the one training session, and they look forward to seeing me play more."
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:43 am

So now it all makes sense, he's only going to join the reserve team... perhaps he could grow into a Bayern player one day, or perhaps Bayern could resell him after a couple of seasons. Pity he wasn't younger.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:19 pm

University of Portland playmaker Matthew Dallman says he is crossing his fingers for a contract offer from FC Nordsjælland that could come as soon as this weekend.

The elusive midfielder admits it's not easy to audition for a club over halfway finished with the season, but claims he is receiving encouragement from Morten Wieghorst and his technical staff.

"The coaches have been very positive with me so far, and seem to like my game," Dallman told YA. "But at the end of the day, its difficult to say which way they will go with this decision."

"Its not always easy to trial when the team is in season because you don't get too many hard days a week to prove yourself, but I think I have done what I can so far."

"I have been playing well and things seem to be going my way at the moment! I can only hope."

The Wild Tigers have a need in the wide attacker department, but have also given Dallman a run as the #10 in his second training stint with the club.

"They have been playing me on the wing, as well as under the forwards," he reported. "I feel comfortable in both, but I prefer to play on the wing."

Either way, the 22-year old may soon be able to suit up competitively with college buddy Heath Pearce again.

Dallman has also displayed his wares well for Bayern Munich II and Bolton, but appears ready to set those options aside for the moment.

"(FCN) is a growing club," he asserted. "It's a great place for young players to develop quickly and get quality playing time."
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Schweini_rules » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:37 pm

forget about him , he is a waste of time and money
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Dallman

Postby Magpies » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:59 pm

Why would you say he's a waste of time?
Not the same league..but couldn't be worse than Ballack at Chelsea.

Looked at stats for his three University seasons and last summer PDL with IMG Bradenton Academics.

He's impressed at Bolton and Bayern and now signed in Denmark.

Waste or time?
Magpies
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Next

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News