You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Matthew Dallman

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Postby FC Bajern » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:11 pm

First of all welcome to the board "Magpies"

Some people say he is a waste of time because we never saw him play or saw any video of him that proves he is worth playing for
BAYERN He doesn't have any experience in european football and only played for Universities in US if I'm not mistaken, and you can't compare university games with a real club.

Now are you an American or Dallman's buddy?
FC Bajern

Buddy

Postby Magpies » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:23 pm

Family friend from Newcastle where he has family.
Yes..I've seen him play and you are right...He is an unknown..and the US university level can't be compared (on any level) to top flight English or German football.
But he must at least be given credit for striking out and giving it a go.
The writeups alone are pretty promising...I've tried (in my day) and know from experience 99% of all players get sent packing the first day. He's been asked back to Bolton..Gerd himself told him at dinner he'd like to see him back in a years time at Bayern. And now he's signed with FCN in the Superliga.
I just thought waste of time and money was harsh.
Magpies
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

P.S.

Postby Magpies » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:59 pm

I think it should also be said that he didn't think he would go across to Europe and land a spot on Boltons or Bayerns 1st team.
If you read some of the atricles in Yanks or Sky his attitude is that it is an honour to be able to be where he is.
That said..and I may be a bit bias cause I know him..he's a hell of a player and seems to always make things happen.
I'd compare him to a Aaron Lennon type player.
Magpies
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:15 pm

I would have liked him to join the reserve team, especially because they're not doing so well this season in the regionalliga, so he could only improve the team. If one day he'd be ready to join the first team it would be because he deserved it. If not, he'd have to either choose a career in the Bayern reserve team or move on to another club willing to sign him (which is what most Bayern reserves end up doing).
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News