You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Matteo Darmian

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.
 

Re: Matteo Darmian

Postby pyrasur » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:02 pm

I question if Lahm makes a better fullback than a midfielder too, especially nowadays. But ideally I would prefer to see Alaba, Thiago, Hojbjerg and some of the younger players make the step up in midfield as well. Worst case scenario is if there is no spot for the captain. But if the young guys in midfield step up and if Lahm outplays Rafinha, I have no problem with him moving back.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4016
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2325 times
Been thanked: 1870 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Matteo Darmian

Postby SBash22 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:59 pm

zozon wrote:I'll take Rafinha over this guy any day.

Probably he never wanted to be a reserve player.


I like Darmian alot as a player, but I'm not sure he's worth the 20 million Euros it would take to get him. He provides nice versatility in his ability to play on the left and right, but I dont think he's a significant upgrade over Bernat or Rafinha. And Alaba and Lahm also provide the ability to play LB and RB.

In terms of Rafinha, I think he's a little undervalued here a bit. I think it has to do with the stars/big names on the roster and the fact that most would prefer Lahm at RB and clear up the logjam in the middle a bit. But put Rafinha on Torino/Italy, and I think he shows just as much ability as Darmian. He's just a product of being a solid player surrounded by world class players and names.

I think he's a nice pickup for Man U. I would have loved to get him at Bayern. But it wasnt a make or break transfer for Bayern.
User avatar
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:05 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 259 times
Gender: Male

Re: Matteo Darmian

Postby SBash22 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:04 pm

pyrasur wrote:I question if Lahm makes a better fullback than a midfielder too, especially nowadays. But ideally I would prefer to see Alaba, Thiago, Hojbjerg and some of the younger players make the step up in midfield as well. Worst case scenario is if there is no spot for the captain. But if the young guys in midfield step up and if Lahm outplays Rafinha, I have no problem with him moving back.


I think alot depends on health.

If Bayern has a healthy Schweinsteiger, Alonso, Alaba, Thiago, Martinez, Hojbjerg (if he stays), etc, then how much is Lahm needed in the midfield?

if Schweinsteiger leaves, Alonso has ups and downs and isnt an every game player, Martinez is playing some CB, Thiago battles injuries, Hojbjerg is loaned out, etc, then yeah, maybe it makes sense to play Lahm centrally more often than not.

I just hope Lahm is open to playing some RB this season, because he seems happier at CM than RB. Maybe not every game. But be willing to flip back and forth when needed.
User avatar
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:05 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 259 times
Gender: Male

Re: Matteo Darmian

Postby zozon » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:19 pm

SBash22 wrote:
zozon wrote:I'll take Rafinha over this guy any day.

Probably he never wanted to be a reserve player.


I like Darmian alot as a player, but I'm not sure he's worth the 20 million Euros it would take to get him. He provides nice versatility in his ability to play on the left and right, but I dont think he's a significant upgrade over Bernat or Rafinha. And Alaba and Lahm also provide the ability to play LB and RB.

In terms of Rafinha, I think he's a little undervalued here a bit. I think it has to do with the stars/big names on the roster and the fact that most would prefer Lahm at RB and clear up the logjam in the middle a bit. But put Rafinha on Torino/Italy, and I think he shows just as much ability as Darmian. He's just a product of being a solid player surrounded by world class players and names.

I think he's a nice pickup for Man U. I would have loved to get him at Bayern. But it wasnt a make or break transfer for Bayern.


This is the most realistic transfer post I have read in a while.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
User avatar
zozon
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1196
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 629 times
Gender: Male

Re: Matteo Darmian

Postby German-American » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:46 am

What does this mean for luke shaw at united...wasn't he injured and played poorly?
Tbh, if I recall correctly we have some really good youth in defense in the reserve sides at bayern so I'm ok with not getting him.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
Image
User avatar
German-American
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1856
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:49 pm
Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2279 times
Been thanked: 861 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Matteo Darmian

Postby albanian7 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:20 am

SBash22 wrote:
pyrasur wrote:I question if Lahm makes a better fullback than a midfielder too, especially nowadays. But ideally I would prefer to see Alaba, Thiago, Hojbjerg and some of the younger players make the step up in midfield as well. Worst case scenario is if there is no spot for the captain. But if the young guys in midfield step up and if Lahm outplays Rafinha, I have no problem with him moving back.


I think alot depends on health.

If Bayern has a healthy Schweinsteiger, Alonso, Alaba, Thiago, Martinez, Hojbjerg (if he stays), etc, then how much is Lahm needed in the midfield?

if Schweinsteiger leaves, Alonso has ups and downs and isnt an every game player, Martinez is playing some CB, Thiago battles injuries, Hojbjerg is loaned out, etc, then yeah, maybe it makes sense to play Lahm centrally more often than not.

I just hope Lahm is open to playing some RB this season, because he seems happier at CM than RB. Maybe not every game. But be willing to flip back and forth when needed.


If Pep thinks Lahm doesn't have the legs to play RB anymore, then give him the #6 position where he did a good job during the 2013/2014 and where he can play for three more years. Alonso as his backup, a new RB and Alaba/Thiago/whoever else will play in midfield, in a more active role.
Whether someone likes it or not, he's the captain, and if Schweinsteiger leaves, Neuer is a GK (despite our midfield jokes), too far away from the game and you need someone on pitch to command.
What I really hated this season was Alonso as the #6 and Lahm doing absolutely nothing at the #8 or CAM or whatever Pep thought he should do.
User avatar
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 6:49 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 295 times
Gender: Male

Re: Matteo Darmian

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:37 am

I agree Lahm was less effective as the #8 than as the #6. Don't know how much of that can be attributed to the injuries bringing the whole team down.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4016
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2325 times
Been thanked: 1870 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Matteo Darmian

Postby ottackon » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:11 am

Image
User avatar
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6130
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Casablanca
National Flag:
Morocco
Has thanked: 1830 times
Been thanked: 3188 times
Gender: Male

Re: Matteo Darmian

Postby RAJBAYERN » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:29 am

I support the intention of looking for a rightback, because Sammer and the Board already know that Lahm will retire in 2018, so for prevent complications for fill Lahm position in the future seasons, as Bayern suffered when Sagnol retired, they are taking two years of advantage for obtain the properly player for replace Lahm in the moment he leave the team.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!


DANKE JUPP!
User avatar
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Panamá
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 503 times
Been thanked: 520 times
Gender: Male

Re: Matteo Darmian

Postby #12 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:10 pm

Always Darmian... Then why not get him before hos move there?!
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9204
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 377 times
Been thanked: 2531 times
Gender: Male

Re: Matteo Darmian

Postby kingbayern » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:06 pm

#12 wrote:Always Darmian... Then why not get him before hos move there?!


Maybe they wanted to get experience first so they loaned him to man utd lol
User avatar
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 5:28 am
National Flag:
Jamaica
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 262 times
Gender: Male

Re: Matteo Darmian

Postby pyrasur » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:51 pm

There is more pressure at Man United to defend the 0-0 draw :mrgreen:
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4016
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2325 times
Been thanked: 1870 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Matteo Darmian

Postby SBash22 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:02 am

i rarely watch Man U, but it sounds like Darmian got off to a great start, but has been very up and down since, with more downs than up.... but again, thats what I've read.... dont know how true it is

I still like him alot and would gladly take him at Bayern
User avatar
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:05 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 259 times
Gender: Male

Re: Matteo Darmian

Postby JANCKER » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:17 pm

Man United defender brushes off Bayern Munich transfer links [source]


:P

There must be an encrypted code in his statement, something like "S.O.S. Help me!"
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17582
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9162 times
Been thanked: 8468 times
Gender: Male

Re: Matteo Darmian

Postby coolguycosta » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:53 pm

Wouldn't be a good signing, a step down from Lahm and would cost far too much to just be sitting on the bench. Can't see him leaving United so soon either
Love Bayern, Hate Xabi Alonso
User avatar
coolguycosta
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 39 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], FlipboardProxy [bot], Google [Bot], Lahmies and 12 guests