You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Matteo Darmian

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Matteo Darmian

Postby Badger » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:24 pm

Machiavellico wrote:
bastos80 wrote:Rafinha has done nothing wrong, whereas Darmian has proven NOTHING.

Some players who have proven nothing prior to signing with Bayern(or coming through youth ranks, as I doubt the regionalliga qualifies at top notch competition): Neuer(!), Alaba, Muller, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Dante(say what you will of him now, but in his first 2 seasons he was sensational), Boateng(mediocre at Man City), Benatia(played his first european competition game for us), Bernat, Luiz Gustavo(was a good player for us imo, but not at his competitors' level), Lizarazu, Tymo and perhaps the list can go on.

I agreed with your post almost entirely. Rare and great perspective on how things work. But a club takes risks sometimes in the transfer market. You can't go just for CL winners or World Champions. Chances must be given to promising players. And let's not forget, apart from having had a great season with Torino, Darmian established himself in the starting team of the Squadra Azzura. Be Italy as it may be, it's still Italy.

Rafinha was named in the Bundesliga XI of the season just before he left Schalke.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby pyrasur » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:31 pm

Machiavellico wrote:
bastos80 wrote:Rafinha has done nothing wrong, whereas Darmian has proven NOTHING.

Some players who have proven nothing prior to signing with Bayern(or coming through youth ranks, as I doubt the regionalliga qualifies at top notch competition): Neuer(!), Alaba, Muller, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Dante(say what you will of him now, but in his first 2 seasons he was sensational), Boateng(mediocre at Man City), Benatia(played his first european competition game for us), Bernat, Luiz Gustavo(was a good player for us imo, but not at his competitors' level), Lizarazu, Tymo and perhaps the list can go on.

I agreed with your post almost entirely. Rare and great perspective on how things work. But a club takes risks sometimes in the transfer market. You can't go just for CL winners or World Champions. Chances must be given to promising players. And let's not forget, apart from having had a great season with Torino, Darmian established himself in the starting team of the Squadra Azzura. Be Italy as it may be, it's still Italy.

Good point. A lot of those players had proven something, but at some point you gotta take a leap.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:36 pm

Of course, I'm not saying he couldn't make it. But I don't get why you would cry about other teams signing players and then take Darmian as an example.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Abhi » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:39 am

It's really frustrating to see Darmian go to United. It looked like we were front runners all the way. Weren't we serious in signing him? Or we just fell back because of the price? 20mn spent on Darmian is not a waste of money obviously... :cry:
PS: I would be really happy if we pull this transfer off from under United's nose... :lol:
Abhi
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:21 pm

giampiero ventura, Coach of Torino announced that Darmian is going to Manchester United [source]

he will cost 18 million euros + 2 millions in bonuses
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kingbayern » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:42 pm

so we lost him ....that sucks lets see what this window has in store for us
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Jamaica

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:50 pm

kingbayern wrote:so we lost him ....that sucks lets see what this window has in store for us

That was kinda evident from Pep's comments about Lahm having to play FB again. I don't think we are getting a FB/WB this window.
PunkCapitalist

Postby Machiavellico » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:33 pm

If I had to choose between getting another FB and moving Lahm back there, I wouldn't lose a second thinking which one is the better solution. All things aside, this move to Man Utd could prove useful. They'll concentrate their attention and the money left on other players, like getting another backup for the wings and perhaps a second striker, although the latter isn't necessary since both Müller and Götze can play there.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby Larhm » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:18 pm

Did Bayern really lose Darmian to Man U? WTf
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:41 pm

Machiavellico wrote:If I had to choose between getting another FB and moving Lahm back there, I wouldn't lose a second thinking which one is the better solution. All things aside, this move to Man Utd could prove useful. They'll concentrate their attention and the money left on other players, like getting another backup for the wings and perhaps a second striker, although the latter isn't necessary since both Müller and Götze can play there.

That goes without saying... I don't think there's anyone left who wants Lahm as a midfielder. But a successor *is* a nessecity anyways.
PunkCapitalist

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:42 pm

Lol! I think people are overreacting on this transfer just a tad bit :P
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:43 pm

I think we lost a valid player, if the above is true.
We can always buy him and loan him for a year or two to Man U :lol:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Lol! I think people are overreacting on this transfer just a tad bit :P

ARE YOU KIDDING? He's the greatest RB EVER and we lost him to ManU :lol:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby zozon » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:06 pm

I'll take Rafinha over this guy any day.

Probably he never wanted to be a reserve player.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:11 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Machiavellico wrote:If I had to choose between getting another FB and moving Lahm back there, I wouldn't lose a second thinking which one is the better solution. All things aside, this move to Man Utd could prove useful. They'll concentrate their attention and the money left on other players, like getting another backup for the wings and perhaps a second striker, although the latter isn't necessary since both Müller and Götze can play there.

That goes without saying... I don't think there's anyone left who wants Lahm as a midfielder. But a successor *is* a nessecity anyways.

Umm I still do think he's better off in midfield (as #6, not #8) alright don't judge me D:

Regarding Darmian, yeah, a lot of overreaction here I think. The best he can turn out to be is solid, not more than that. If you're hearing a lot about him in the next couple of season it's gonna be because of United fans being too loud, not because he suddenly turns world class.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News