You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Matteo Darmian

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Matteo Darmian

Postby ottackon » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:15 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:
SilentStrike wrote:We are really falling behind this tranfer window. It is worrying me. Everyone is getting stronger and we're only getting weaker.

what the ****

Fan morale here is really low for some reason, I understand being a lil down after last season but some ppl make it sound like we just dodged relegation. I don't know how people can talk down about this Bayern squad, when in the past we had to rely on guys like Petersen, Usami, Pranjic, and Braahfield. :P

A man who has spoiled his stomach will criticize his meal saying that the food is bad.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:30 pm

Jorsett wrote:
albanian7 wrote:
kingbayern wrote:well Sammers said we have a super team but I crave another transfer or two

On paper it looks like a super team, but think for a moment, our fully fit starting XI. Which is the weakest position? Rafinha. How about upgrading that or nah?

They said that Lahm would play RB this coming season, no? In that case, Rafinha is a perfectly good back-up for BuLi-games and CL-group stage games.

No, that was a false hope. What Pep said was that Lahm would have to *fill in* for Rafinha sometimes because we have no other RBs. Fill in, as in Rafinha is consider the first RB option.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby albanian7 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:19 pm

SilentStrike wrote:
bastos80 wrote:
SilentStrike wrote:We are really falling behind this tranfer window. It is worrying me. Everyone is getting stronger and we're only getting weaker.

what the ****

Hey good post man. Well explained and all that...

Anyways, is my concern so shocking?
Have you seen the players other teams are buying?
Do you realise how incredibly good we were two years ago. The absolute best team by a mile. Now take a look at who has overtaken us...

Few issues:
1) We seem content with Costa. No disrespect to Costa, but do you guys have any idea how good Ribery actually was?

This is Ribery in 2013. We will never see Ribery like this again.
We should have taken a player that can replace him at least a bit. Again, no disrespect to Costa, but when looking at his highlights in the Ukrainian league I'm not very hopeful. Against amateur players he can't even do half of what Ribery would do in the Champions League.

2) Danilo is off to Madrid. The next best option seems Darmian. He looks set to go to ManU.
Are we going to play with Rafinha against Messi again?
Why are we fine with another semi or quarter final exit?
Two years ago we were on the top of the world goddamnit.
Like this we will fall back down to what we were ten years ago, nothing.

Is my concern really worth your idiotic reaction of "what the ****"?

quality fullbacks are getting rarer by the day lately. Darmian would have been a good upgrade over Rafinha.

:!:
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:48 pm

SilentStrike wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

what the ****

Hey good post man. Well explained and all that...

Anyways, is my concern so shocking?
Do you realise how incredibly good we were two years ago. The absolute best team by a mile. Now take a look at who has overtaken us...

Few issues:
1) We seem content with Costa. No disrespect to Costa, but do you guys have any idea how good Ribery actually was?

This is Ribery in 2013. We will never see Ribery like this again.
We should have taken a player that can replace him at least a bit. Again, no disrespect to Costa, but when looking at his highlights in the Ukrainian league I'm not very hopeful. Against amateur players he can't even do half of what Ribery would do in the Champions League.

2) Danilo is off to Madrid. The next best option seems Darmian. He looks set to go to ManU.
Two years ago we were on the top of the world goddamnit.
Like this we will fall back down to what we were ten years ago, nothing.

quality fullbacks are getting rarer by the day lately. Darmian would have been a good upgrade over Rafinha.

First of all if Bayern have fallen they didn't fall more than 2 centimeters from the top of the perch. :P Three years in a row we have been blessed with a team worthy of being in the semis of Europe's greatest competitions because that is no easy feat. I'm not saying I'm content on staying at this level but Bayern have shown they are and will always be in a position to the the best in the world.

Second, I don't know why you are placing so much weight on Rafihna, he was definitely not one of the main reasons Bayern were not successful or even the second best reason. Lack of a proper fit squad killed our chances vs Barca and even then missed chances by Muller and Lewa, and if you even want to go as far as blame Bernat for messing up that first goal Messi scored. It's kinda annoying hearing all this talk about "Rafihna did this blah blah" when he isn't even the main person to blame.

Third, to discount Costa now is more than unreasonable at this point. I'm not gonna lie I kinda share ur skepticism but I will at least let him kick a ball before ruling him out.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:01 pm

SilentStrike wrote:Anyways, is my concern so shocking?

Yes I did.
United bought Depay and Darmian, hardly players that make me shiver. Chelsea have so far signed a crock striker on loan. Barcelona signed Arda and Vidal. You gotta give them that, 2 very good signings. Real have signed Danilo, a good right-back to compete with the other good right-back they already have.

Do you realise how incredibly good we were two years ago. The absolute best team by a mile.

Yeah I do. Do you realise what we had 2 years ago ? Yes, we had Ribéry, Robben, Schweinsteiger and Lahm, all in their prime, going through the season without injury problems. We also had a fit Javi Martínez, which unfortunatly wasn't the case for the last 2 seasons but I'll get back to that later..
Do you realise what happened to that golden Barca team ? Is it too hard to understand that there are certain circles in this sport that every generation has to go through ?
We need to replace Robben, Ribéry, Schweinsteiger and Lahm in the next couple of years...Maybe try to that already, without harming team chemistry because old veterans have to sit their ass down for once or even finding superstars that are willing to leave their club and also compete with those guys.

Now take a look at who has overtaken us...

Who exactly ? Barca and Real ? The two greatest teams of all time, with the biggest appeal and the biggest spending power. Not really a shame, but I guess the treble of 2013 has deluded some people, who thought we'd be #1 for years. We got their by making smart signings and developing young players and that is what we'll keep on doing. If you expect superstars á la Hazard, you'll be disappointed because that is not going to happen.

1) We seem content with Costa. No disrespect to Costa, but do you guys have any idea how good Ribery actually was? We should have taken a player that can replace him at least a bit.

That is the point. Might want to suggest me a player ? Please don't say Hazard, Griezmann, Reus or Neymar. Those players are either unreachable or don't even compare to Ribéry in terms of skill set. So what we try to do is trust in Lewandowski, Götze, Müller and Robben, who all played wonderful together when Ribéry was out (basically the whole season) and sign a flexible, young player who can still improve, to add more depth and possibly break the bank next season when there are better options available.
Just accept the fact that we won't be able to replace Ribéry and probably have to create us our own Ribéry replacement.

Speaks for itself if the next best option is Darmian. Might aswell plan with Rafinha and Lahm (listen to Pep's last press conference perhaps?) and see who falls of the other teams bandwagon (Carvajal) late in this summer or next year.

Rafinha played against Neymar and actually kept him in his pocket for most of the time. But I guess you love to blame it on one player.

Crystal ball ? I'm sure we'd kick everybody's asses if we signed that amazing Darmian guy, who impressed with his CL performances so far....

Two years ago we were on the top of the world goddamnit.Like this we will fall back down to what we were ten years ago, nothing.

Like I said, delusion at its finest. I would also like to add that I seem to be surrounded by pessimistic, impatient cry babies.

Rafinha has done nothing wrong, whereas Darmian has proven NOTHING.

Yes it does. Whereas there haven't been any frightening signings for other teams, we didn't get weaker. Martínez is returning, Thiago is returning, take that as 2 additions. The transfer window is still open for about a month and KHR already announced they'll probably act late, watch what other teams are doing and eventually snatch up players that fall of.

Thank you.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JJJ » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:29 pm

Rafinha played against Neymar and actually kept him in his pocket for most of the time

Most of the time - THAT IS NOT ENOUGH for us, Bayern.
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby sherpthederp » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:37 pm

JJJ wrote:
Rafinha played against Neymar and actually kept him in his pocket for most of the time

If most of the time isn't good enough we would have to get rid of Müller, Lewa, Götze, Schweini, and Bernat too. They have all had off games, it's not like they are all robots who play perfectly every time. It's unfair to criticize Rafinha who in fact was one of our most consistent players last season, while giving everyone else a free pass.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:38 pm

JJJ wrote:

Get rid of Lahm too because we've been beat 4-0 while he played against Ronaldo ?
But I understand...If someone is not good enough, he needs to replace. Even though there are only mediocre alternatives like Darmian. We have the money, right ?

:?
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:50 pm

Darmian of all people causing panic? :lol: I am totally fine with the board's approach. There is no sense in letting the selling clubs dictate to us. Does anyone here buy anything at any price? Don't forget Torino gave Dortmund Immobile too. Imagine how much harder it is for Dortmund to afford now to find another Lewandowski quality player. When Real Madrid and Barcelona can easily pay out for the next sensation, we cannot afford to make the same mistake.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:52 pm

Hope you don't mind if I "interfere" here: Ronaldo was not a factor until the game was decided... ;)

Other than that: is Rafinha really (honestly!) better than mediocre? Especially if you DO HAVE Lahm in your squad?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:00 pm

#12 wrote:Hope you don't mind if I "interfere" here: Ronaldo was not a factor until the game was decided... ;)

Other than that: is Rafinha really (honestly!) better than mediocre? Especially if you DO HAVE Lahm in your squad?

Neither was Neymar.
Yeah, we have Lahm in our squad, so why do we panic because of Darmian ? :lol:
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby albanian7 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:15 pm

bastos80 wrote:
#12 wrote:Hope you don't mind if I "interfere" here: Ronaldo was not a factor until the game was decided... ;)

Neither was Neymar.
Yeah, we have Lahm in our squad, so why do we panic because of Darmian ? :lol:

Because Lahm will play in midfield

And can you please remind me which of Real's goals came from Lahm's mistakes?

Ronaldo's goal came through a free-kick, after the tie was decided and it was lack of preparation (we don't practise set pieces) that we conceded on that one. Lahm being RB instead of DM had nothing to do with it.
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby pyrasur » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:23 pm

Not just the goals mate. DM has an influence on the overall game. Maybe those chances never happen, maybe we score first and we don't have to open up, or maybe we lose 0-8 instead of 0-4. Who the hell knows :coffee: I question why you take your best player and put him where he can only influence half the field (and where he doesn't want to be) but hey. Nobody asks Robben to play CAM either.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:48 pm

You don't seem to get my point. :lol:
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Machiavellico » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:11 pm

bastos80 wrote:Rafinha has done nothing wrong, whereas Darmian has proven NOTHING.

Some players who have proven nothing prior to signing with Bayern(or coming through youth ranks, as I doubt the regionalliga qualifies at top notch competition): Neuer(!), Alaba, Muller, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Dante(say what you will of him now, but in his first 2 seasons he was sensational), Boateng(mediocre at Man City), Benatia(played his first european competition game for us), Bernat, Luiz Gustavo(was a good player for us imo, but not at his competitors' level), Lizarazu, Tymo and perhaps the list can go on.

I agreed with your post almost entirely. Rare and great perspective on how things work. But a club takes risks sometimes in the transfer market. You can't go just for CL winners or World Champions. Chances must be given to promising players. And let's not forget, apart from having had a great season with Torino, Darmian established himself in the starting team of the Squadra Azzura. Be Italy as it may be, it's still Italy.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News