You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Marko Babić

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Marko Babić

Postby bayern1301 » Fri May 04, 2007 10:07 am

i'm not sure if this is the right place on the forum but hopefully it is...

Babic set to leave Bayer

Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Marko Babic has announced his intention to leave the club when his contract expires at the end of the season.

The Croatia international believes it is time to move on after playing 144 games in the Bundesliga, scoring 13 goals.

"After eight years at Bayer 04, I am now looking for a fresh challenge," he told the club's website.

"I have a lot to thank this club for as it is here that I have become a full international."

The 26-year-old moved to the Bundesliga from NK Osijek in 1999. He played in the Bayer team which lost the final of the Champions League in 2002, as well as finishing runners-up to Borussia Dortmund in the league and losing the German Cup final in the same year.

A first-team regular since the start of the 2002/03 season, Babic earned his first cap for Croatia in May 2002 and represented his country at Euro 2004 and last year's World Cup.

Spain looks to be his most likely destination with Real Betis leading the chase for his signature.

Leverkusen's director of sport Rudi Voller accepted Babic's decision to move on.

"I perfectly understand Marko Babic's decision," he said. "He has done a lot for us in these years and for his personal and sporting development, this can only be an advantageous step."

Leverkusen are also set to lose defender Juan and goalkeeper Hans-Jorg Butt at the end of the season.

http://theworldgame.com.au/germany/inde ... &cid=87610

what do you guys think of babic? if bayern were to investigate into obtaining his services, think he would be worthy of the new bayern?

and also juan, who is possibly set to go to roma, do you think he will fit nicely along side lucio? i do.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Babic set to leave Bayer

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri May 04, 2007 10:29 am

bayern1301 wrote:i'm not sure if this is the right place on the forum but hopefully it is...

Babic set to leave Bayer

Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Marko Babic has announced his intention to leave the club when his contract expires at the end of the season.

The Croatia international believes it is time to move on after playing 144 games in the Bundesliga, scoring 13 goals.

"After eight years at Bayer 04, I am now looking for a fresh challenge," he told the club's website.

"I have a lot to thank this club for as it is here that I have become a full international."

The 26-year-old moved to the Bundesliga from NK Osijek in 1999. He played in the Bayer team which lost the final of the Champions League in 2002, as well as finishing runners-up to Borussia Dortmund in the league and losing the German Cup final in the same year.

A first-team regular since the start of the 2002/03 season, Babic earned his first cap for Croatia in May 2002 and represented his country at Euro 2004 and last year's World Cup.

Spain looks to be his most likely destination with Real Betis leading the chase for his signature.

Leverkusen's director of sport Rudi Voller accepted Babic's decision to move on.

"I perfectly understand Marko Babic's decision," he said. "He has done a lot for us in these years and for his personal and sporting development, this can only be an advantageous step."

Leverkusen are also set to lose defender Juan and goalkeeper Hans-Jorg Butt at the end of the season.

what do you guys think of babic? if bayern were to investigate into obtaining his services, think he would be worthy of the new bayern?

and also juan, who is possibly set to go to roma, do you think he will fit nicely along side lucio? i do.

I wouldn't worry about Juan...but I like Babic...he's a very good player and that's what we need...
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Schweini_rules » Sat May 05, 2007 2:31 am

fanOfBayern wrote:
bayern1301 wrote:i'm not sure if this is the right place on the forum but hopefully it is...

Babic set to leave Bayer

I wouldn't worry about Juan...but I like Babic...he's a very good player and that's what we need...

good..well....van buyten is good, lahm is good, makaay , pizarro is good.
we dont need good we need CLASS. :wink:
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bayern1301 » Sat May 05, 2007 10:08 pm

Schweini_rules wrote:
fanOfBayern wrote:

Babic set to leave Bayer

good..well....van buyten is good, lahm is good, makaay , pizarro is good.

nicely put and very true. the board has my trust that they'll buy what will be needed to 'joga bonito' once again.
bayern1301
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby fanOfBayern » Sun May 06, 2007 9:59 am

Schweini_rules wrote:good..well....van buyten is good, lahm is good, makaay , pizarro is good.

Stars in every position don't make a good team.........
Babic is probably on the better full backs going forward....He is a squad player and we can use such players...I am not saying that we absolutely need him but players like him will add to the depth of the team and can be very very useful at times..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News