You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Manuel Neuer

Postby appudds » Tue May 26, 2009 8:46 am

According to a report in Tuesday’s Bild, Bayern Munich have identified Schalke goalkeeper Manuel Neuer as a summer transfer target and the one they see as the successor to Michael Rensing.

Following Oliver Kahn’s retirement, the Bayern hierarchy put their faith in Rensing, but the 25-year-old was unceremoniously dropped by Juergen Klinsmann after the 5-1 loss at Wolfsburg, which underlined a largely uncertain season.

Now it seems that the incoming trainer, Louis van Gaal, has targeted 23-year-old Neuer as the one he wants in the Bayern goal. The tabloid paper has revealed that preliminary talks have already taken place.

Neuer will be on international duty between May 27 and June 3 in Asia with Germany, where Bundestrainer Joachim Loew has assured him he will make his international debut.

So what are the chances of Neuer joining Bayern? Ten days ago Neuer himself stated, “Moving to Bayern is in principle out of the question. I have a contract at Schalke until 2012 and want to stay here and help with the rebuilding.”

His advisor Thomas Kroth also told Bild that “Manuel has not negotiated with Bayern and there has been no approach from Munich.”

The fact, however, is that if and when an approach comes from Bayern, it is very difficult for many players to turn down, and Uli Hoeness has already intimated that the Bavarians will be signing a goalkeeper.

Bayern will be playing Champions League football next season, while Schalke will not be in Europe at all. So is Neuer to Bayern so out of the question?

There is already speculation also that should Neuer leave, then new Schalke trainer Felix Magath would raid ex-club Wolfsburg for Swiss 'keeper Diego Benaglio.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/ ... uer-report

http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussball/ ... rwart.html

I don't rely on goal.com that much..., But it's on bild also...........
Hope this rumour is true............
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby alex84 » Tue May 26, 2009 9:50 am

:( I think we must go for Adler...
alex84
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Tue May 26, 2009 10:47 am

alex84 wrote::( I think we must go for Adler...

Uli has confirmed our interest in Neuer, and said that he informed Schalke in his interest in their goalkeeper who could cost around 9 mil.

So Adler, Enke, look out of the picture (at least for now).
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Tue May 26, 2009 11:01 am

His unbelievable match against Porto in the C.L last year

shwas55
I post all the time

Postby mattie » Tue May 26, 2009 11:33 am

alex84 wrote::( I think we must go for Adler...
in my eyes Neuer played a more solid season this year ! he is better for me...but I dont like him , only cos his idol is Jens Lehman , its like watching Lehman in our goal than lol !
mattie
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby reiniksrobis » Tue May 26, 2009 11:52 am

On this first video he looks better than he is, but in second he played really amazing. I still prefer Adler to Neuer, but I like them both.

Ribery are king of football.
reiniksrobis
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby mattie » Tue May 26, 2009 12:04 pm

reiniksrobis wrote:On this first video he looks better than he is

better than he is ?! he concended less goals than any other keeper this season thats not luck or what ever he showed safe hands this season !
mattie
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby BayernJ » Tue May 26, 2009 3:13 pm

Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness has revealed that Schalke keeper Manuel Neuer remains another top target for his side this summer.

"There is only one goalkeeper we are keeping tabs on. That goalkeeper is Manuel Neuer," he told Sport-Bild.

"We have already told Schalke we are interested.

"If we are not able to get him, we will start next season with Michael Rensing and Jorg Butt."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 14,00.html
BayernJ
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby Tomas » Tue May 26, 2009 3:47 pm

BayernJ wrote:Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness has revealed that Schalke keeper Manuel Neuer remains another top target for his side this summer.

"There is only one goalkeeper we are keeping tabs on. That goalkeeper is Manuel Neuer," he told Sport-Bild.

"We have already told Schalke we are interested.

"If we are not able to get him, we will start next season with Michael Rensing and Jorg Butt."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 14,00.html

If thats the case I hope we are going to be starting with Butt as GK and not Rensing. Rensing has been just short of a failure...
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 26, 2009 4:07 pm

Butt is ok. I feel safe with him, but I don't want another season with Rensing. I hope Neuer comes though. I think he will improve more, and he's already a good GK.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby SilentStrike » Tue May 26, 2009 6:19 pm

MAgath just said Neuer isnt leaving schalke. No matter what happens.

I hope this doesnt mean we're not replacing Rensing/
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby alex84 » Tue May 26, 2009 6:35 pm

we must get Adler instead [-o<
alex84
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shileno » Tue May 26, 2009 8:53 pm

Get Adler dammit.. No other teams interested on him, we have the money and he totally worth it.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby MrLinky » Tue May 26, 2009 9:28 pm

Neuer himself said that Bayern is "something special", but at the same time added that he has a running contract until 2012 with Schalke and thinks that he's definitely gonna stay there.

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fussball/fc-bayern/tz-neuer-fcbayern-schalke-318921.html
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby Tomas » Tue May 26, 2009 11:41 pm

MrLinky wrote:Neuer himself said that Bayern is "something special", but at the same time added that he has a running contract until 2012 with Schalke and thinks that he's definitely gonna stay there.

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fussball/fc-bayern/tz-neuer-fcbayern-schalke-318921.html

Good I hope Neuer stays at Schalke for now. I think GK is a position we need but for now isnt and shouldnt be priority. We need to fill other weaker spots like RB!!!! Uli are you listening?!?!?!?!
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News