You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby cruz » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:16 pm

damn, you ARE optimistic :wink:
cruz
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby thulkazal » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:13 pm

There is option for me in my head: keep Rensing if he dont show anything special in first half of season splash the money for new GK at winter break
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SilentStrike » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:07 pm

thats exactly what I suggested :D

Id rather spend money on a RB now than on a GK.

But man if I knew we were gna run this low on money then I think we really spend too much for Gomez.

I think this will be our team next season.

---------Gomez-------Klose----------
-----------------Pranjic---------------
----Ribery---------------Schweini---
----------------Tymo-----------------
---Braafheid-Demi-Lucio-Lahm----
--------------Rensing-----------------

We will either buy Neuer or Srna (one of the two) to replace Rensing and Braafheid respectively. If srna comnes then lahm will move back to the left. If Braafheid cant meet the expectations then we will be **** once again and we must move pranjic back to LB and put Van Bommel in the team.

Seeing that Srna will prolly move to another team this summer if we dont get him then I'd say get Srna now and see how Rensing does in the first 6 months. If he's shit then buy Neuer or Adler in Winter cus they will still be eligible to play for CL.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby cruz » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:51 pm

SilentStrike wrote:thats exactly what I suggested :D
Id rather spend money on a RB now than on a GK.
But man if I knew we were gna run this low on money then I think we really spend too much for Gomez.
I think this will be our team next season.

---------Gomez-------Klose----------
-----------------Pranjic---------------
----Ribery---------------Schweini---
----------------Tymo-----------------
---Braafheid-Demi-Lucio-Lahm----
--------------Rensing-----------------

We will either buy Neuer or Srna (one of the two) to replace Rensing and Braafheid respectively. If srna comnes then lahm will move back to the left. If Braafheid cant meet the expectations then we will be **** once again and we must move pranjic back to LB and put Van Bommel in the team.

Seeing that Srna will prolly move to another team this summer if we dont get him then I'd say get Srna now and see how Rensing does in the first 6 months. If he's shit then buy Neuer or Adler in Winter cus they will still be eligible to play for CL.

Goddamn how I agree with you :D

and the line-up...seems to be the most realistic NOW...
cruz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shileno » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:02 am

^ So true

For me, Gomez was completly unnecessary and waste of money.. C'mon, we have Klose and Olic and they're GREAT, Toni could be dying right now but he can play and Muller proved that he can be a good striker or even a good RM.

Please, get Srna or Bosingwa [-o<
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby shwas55 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:45 am

shileno wrote:^ So true

For me, Gomez was completly unnecessary and waste of money.. C'mon, we have Klose and Olic and they're GREAT, Toni could be dying right now but he can play and Muller proved that he can be a good striker or even a good RM.

[-o<

You guys are missing the point. We had to buy Gomez for the long term not just for next season.
Gomez had an exit clause on his contract that expires on the 31st of May, and if we havent acted to buy him, Real, Milan and Manchester city would have. Even if these teams didnt buy him this season they would have gone after him next season, and we would have entered a bidding war for him that we will be certain to lose.

If we didnt buy Gomez who do suggest we buy next year???????

You might not like the board decision now, but you will appreciate it next year.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:17 pm

Ok I agree about Gomez...he is our best signing this year...and he isnt perfect...I would prefer Edin Dzeko and he would cost us 10 mil € less

Next thing you seem to be forgeting is Marc van Bommel...I think he will play in first 11 in his original position atacking midfielder now that we have Tymo to play DM...he had bad season because he was not playing where he is best...and heeey Luis Van Gaal is dutch and knows him and will use him in his plans...

starting 11 without possible signings:

..........................Rensing............

Lahm...............Lucio....Micho..............Pranjic

.......................Tymo.....................

Schweini/SOsa/hamit.....Van Bommel...........Ribery

.............Klose...............Gomez................

why?..because van bommel is best player in this position now when Ze is gone...I just hope we buy new RM [Hleb or someone else]

Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:19 pm

I'm pretty sure the reason that we got Gomez over Dzeko is that Gomez has a style of play similar to Toni, and Dzeko is similar to Klose. I suspect the board wanted to have the options we had in 2007-08, where we had Klose+Toni, which were both world class strikers and had different styles of play, which opens up more options. With Toni underperforming, we had to get someone with a similar style of play, and we got Gomez, who in my opinion is one of the world's best. With Poldi leaving, we got Olic as his backup, and Olic is definitely good enough for first team here, so if Gomez starts underperforming we could play Olic+Klose as well. Muller should be loaned off for 1 or 2 seasons. He's already a good striker, but with Gomez, Klose, Olic and Toni he won't be getting any playing time here. Give him 1 or 2 seasons of experience and then he can come back to us. After all, Klose is getting on in years, and Muller would probably fit in well instead of him in the future.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby cruz » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:45 pm

Gomez is a great signing in my opinion, and because of the on-comming 6+5 rule, we should buy more german players, especially the key players from our title-race-rivals (like gomez from stuttgart).... neuer is (maybe) on of them, too....
cruz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Tomas » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:30 pm

cruz wrote:Gomez is a great signing in my opinion, and because of the on-comming 6+5 rule, we should buy more german players, especially the key players from our title-race-rivals (like gomez from stuttgart).... neuer is (maybe) on of them, too....

I am now happy we have Gomez... before I was a bit pessimistic but now am happy even though he was a little too expensive... but like shwas55 mentioned... its for the long run!

@ Cruz... you really think the 6+5 rule is coming? For Bayern I dont see it a big deal for us and wouldnt phase us in the least. But for other clubs, especially in the BPL, its going to be dramatic and even drastic to say the least. Other than the "nationalistic" label it will condone, I really dont see a problem with it.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shileno » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:00 pm

shwas55 wrote:You guys are missing the point. We had to buy Gomez for the long term not just for next season.
Gomez had an exit clause on his contract that expires on the 31st of May, and if we havent acted to buy him, Real, Milan and Manchester city would have. Even if these teams didnt buy him this season they would have gone after him next season, and we would have entered a bidding war for him that we will be certain to lose.

If we didnt buy Gomez who do suggest we buy next year???????

You might not like the board decision now, but you will appreciate it next year.

Yes that's true. I didn't say Gomez was a bad choice, his price was it and no offense but, there's a good ammount of strikers that we can get for 30M..
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby raz25 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:56 pm

Aren't we getting Neuer anymore? When I saw the news on fcbayern.com that Hoeness is interested in him I thought that it would be just a matter of days till we would sign him, what happened? Is it actually true that we offered Schalke 18.5 mil. plus Rensing and yet, they still refused?
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Postby cruz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:45 pm

raz25 wrote:Aren't we getting Neuer anymore? When I saw the news on fcbayern.com that Hoeness is interested in him I thought that it would be just a matter of days till we would sign him, what happened? Is it actually true that we offered Schalke 18.5 mil. plus Rensing and yet, they still refused?

IMO signing neuer is going to be very hard! it's definitely worth trying, but maybe hoeness gave up already...
maybe they will try to give rensing a second chance (which is good cuz now he probably won't have that much pressure on his back...an everybody deserves another chance to prove himself :) ), and then in the winter transfer period talk again about the goalkeeper situation, if needed of course!

@ Cruz... you really think the 6+5 rule is coming? For Bayern I dont see it a big deal for us and wouldnt phase us in the least. But for other clubs, especially in the BPL, its going to be dramatic and even drastic to say the least. Other than the "nationalistic" label it will condone, I really dont see a problem with it.

I think it's only the matter of time when this rule will be brought by the FIFA! maybe the clubs are already told to prepare themselves a few years for this...

and hell yea, I can't wait to see how the english clubs will panic!!! :D
cruz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby shwas55 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:23 pm

cruz wrote:

I think it's only the matter of time when this rule will be brought by the FIFA! maybe the clubs are already told to prepare themselves a few years for this...

and hell yea, I can't wait to see how the english clubs will panic!!! :D

I dont think the 6+5 going to be as affective as people think. two thingswill come out of this:

1) Players with multi citizenships
2) Big clubs will start sort of adopting (kidnapping) talented 12-14 year olds from poor countries (like south America, Africa and parts of Europe) to get them playing for them as locals when they mature.

Trust me if this law passes through even N.T teams will get affected, as some players will start representing the country that pays them more.

If Uefa is really serious about tackling this issue they should follow what Rummenigge suggested and that is:

Clubs can only spend as much as their profits. So if Real or Man U make 10 mil they are only allowed to spend 10 mil. Simple as that.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby Tomas » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:44 pm

But you have to remember who is running this... its Blatter and Platini... the 2 biggest idiots in the world. I hope they get replaced soon. Im so sick of hearing what they want to happen, everything from "say no to racism" to spending limits for clubs and right down to the 6 + 5 rule... yet they dont do anything about it. Platini and Blatter are worthless. They either need to do something about it or step aside and bring in someone who will.

As far as not affecting club football that much... I think it will. I know some countries are pretty laxed when it comes to granting players citizenship for playing on their NT but this is club football, not national. Big difference! Besides a lot of these star players already play for their national team so that argument is not relevant. BPL clubs that would be drastically affected would be ManU and Arsenal. ManU's offense would be wittled down to Rooney. Arsenal... well between the French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian... Arsenal IS the model for a united nations club. Other than Walcot... is their any Englishmen on the team?
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News