You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Manuel Neuer

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.
 

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby prasun77 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:47 pm

Lahm is more complete than Effe from what I have seen..
And that's really a compliment to Lahm but not derogatory to Efffe..just saying..
Bayernaholic!
User avatar
prasun77
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2999
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 665 times
Been thanked: 1048 times
Gender: Male

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:12 pm

prasun77 wrote:Lahm is more complete than Effe from what I have seen..
And that's really a compliment to Lahm but not derogatory to Efffe..just saying..

Lahm is not very complete. He is weak in the air, have never seen him take a free kick and his shot is weak.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31273
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5498 times
Been thanked: 8215 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby Achilles » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:35 pm

prasun77 wrote:Lahm is more complete than Effe from what I have seen..
And that's really a compliment to Lahm but not derogatory to Efffe..just saying..
Have you seen Effe play? Or from vids ?
Seriously Effe was extremely underrated back then, Lahm is no where near Effenberg as midfielder despite Effe's incosistency he was a boss at his prime
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 577 times
Been thanked: 1192 times
Gender: Male

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby prasun77 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:56 pm

Achilles wrote:
prasun77 wrote:Lahm is more complete than Effe from what I have seen..
And that's really a compliment to Lahm but not derogatory to Efffe..just saying..
Have you seen Effe play? Or from vids ?
Seriously Effe was extremely underrated back then, Lahm is no where near Effenberg as midfielder despite Effe's incosistency he was a boss at his prime

It was a long back for me to see him play i was judging soley by vids..
Bayernaholic!
User avatar
prasun77
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2999
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 665 times
Been thanked: 1048 times
Gender: Male

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:14 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I love Neuer with all my heart... but ... I don't see him irreplaceable...
Alaba and Mueller are ....

Hard to call the best player in his position (and one of the best of all time imho) replaceable, especially considering the fiasco we had last time we lost a legendary GK.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31116
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8762 times
Been thanked: 7358 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:32 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I love Neuer with all my heart... but ... I don't see him irreplaceable...
Alaba and Mueller are ....

Hard to call the best player in his position (and one of the best of all time imho) replaceable, especially considering the fiasco we had last time we lost a legendary GK.


Maybe it was a fiasco because our defense sucked donkey balls during LvG.
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17567
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9154 times
Been thanked: 8457 times
Gender: Male

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:40 pm

JANCKER wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:I love Neuer with all my heart... but ... I don't see him irreplaceable...
Alaba and Mueller are ....

Hard to call the best player in his position (and one of the best of all time imho) replaceable, especially considering the fiasco we had last time we lost a legendary GK.


Maybe it was a fiasco because our defense sucked donkey balls during LvG.

We conceded 21 goals in the Bundesliga in Kahn's last season. A season later, with practically the same defence (Lucio was still here), we conceded exactly twice as many, 42.

No one who has seen Rensing play can seriously say that it was because of the defence. When LVG replaced Klinsmann he played Butt, who was a decent GK, and you'll remember many were satisfied with him and Kraft and didn't want Neuer. But when Neuer came here we all saw the difference that having a world-class GK brings. Butt was enough to do well, but I don't want us to go back to that. GKs like Neuer can win games. Think of Juve coming up now, with Boateng out. That increases Juve's chances of scoring but if Neuer plays a great game it might be that they just get more shots, not more goals. We could potentially knock them out and go on to win the CL. In such a scenario, even if it's the last 16, Neuer would have played a major part in winning it. I can't imagine a decent GK bringing that to the table unless he plays the best night of his life, and that'll probably only happen once as long as he's with Bayern.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31116
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8762 times
Been thanked: 7358 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:42 pm

yesterday at the club we mentioned Rensing and Kraft. Both had the massive task / pressure to replace Kahn and both failed, it is already not easy to defend the bayern goal cause it brings a lot of responsibility let alone replacing Kahn
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26562
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 21865 times
Been thanked: 6124 times
Gender: Male

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:45 pm

ramsej84 wrote:yesterday at the club we mentioned Rensing and Kraft. Both had the massive task / pressure to replace Kahn and both failed, it is already not easy to defend the bayern goal cause it brings a lot of responsibility let alone replacing Kahn

Exactly, this is what I fear would happen when Neuer eventually leaves, whether due to a transfer or retirement. But the pressure itself is not everything, there's also talent and especially the sweeper-keeper part.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31116
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8762 times
Been thanked: 7358 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:56 pm

when neuer's time comes I am for signing an experienced gk.... someone who is 24 / 25 yo today...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 26562
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 21865 times
Been thanked: 6124 times
Gender: Male

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby pyrasur » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:49 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:We conceded 21 goals in the Bundesliga in Kahn's last season. A season later, with practically the same defence (Lucio was still here), we conceded exactly twice as many, 42.

No one who has seen Rensing play can seriously say that it was because of the defence. When LVG replaced Klinsmann he played Butt, who was a decent GK, and you'll remember many were satisfied with him and Kraft and didn't want Neuer. But when Neuer came here we all saw the difference that having a world-class GK brings. Butt was enough to do well, but I don't want us to go back to that. GKs like Neuer can win games. Think of Juve coming up now, with Boateng out. That increases Juve's chances of scoring but if Neuer plays a great game it might be that they just get more shots, not more goals. We could potentially knock them out and go on to win the CL. In such a scenario, even if it's the last 16, Neuer would have played a major part in winning it. I can't imagine a decent GK bringing that to the table unless he plays the best night of his life, and that'll probably only happen once as long as he's with Bayern.


Good point. Ugh. I'm tired of being convinced how awesome our players are! We just need find ONE replaceable player to string up as an example to the others. I know we just used Kroos but it seems like the boys are getting all uppity again in their contract negotiations
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3984
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2301 times
Been thanked: 1855 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:33 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:I don't know if you know goalimpact.com but I'm pretty sure if we were to calculate the goal difference differential between Neuer and a great keeper it will be much lesser than Müller's or Alaba's. It's just a fact that keepers are much less important than outfield players, specially for a team like ours which barely concedes any shots on target per game.


There are a lot of good GK's that make great saves.

But Neuer is the best GK in football history for many other different reasons. I always use the Algeria game in the World Cup as an example. Just put Casillas/Buffon/De Gea/Cech.... whoever you want as a GK in that match and Germany would've been 99% eliminated that day
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Sydney
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 1714 times
Been thanked: 1753 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby German-American » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:38 am

Sucks because I really don't know these players at all... I'm so young;

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
Image
User avatar
German-American
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1856
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:49 pm
Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2279 times
Been thanked: 861 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby dras_l » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:30 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Maybe it was a fiasco because our defense sucked donkey balls during LvG.

We conceded 21 goals in the Bundesliga in Kahn's last season. A season later, with practically the same defence (Lucio was still here), we conceded exactly twice as many, 42.

Man, Kahn was not only goalkeeper, he was The Captain and when he retired club was struggling with leadership. He had set last line, still remember how he shouted all the time on Lucio and Demichelis  So that big difference was not only Rensing fault. But I agree that Neuer is almost irreplaceable for us. It’s big difference if you concede +one goal in CL semi, and in that particular moment your goalkeeper is worth more than 50 mil euros.
I’m more than sure that Neuer will remain at Bayern for next 6 to 10 years. Hope he’ll be captain at some point in future.
Better strategic retreat than dishonorable defeat
User avatar
dras_l
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:02 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 11 times
Gender: Male

Re: Manuel Neuer

Postby German-American » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:46 pm

dras_l wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Maybe it was a fiasco because our defense sucked donkey balls during LvG.

We conceded 21 goals in the Bundesliga in Kahn's last season. A season later, with practically the same defence (Lucio was still here), we conceded exactly twice as many, 42.

Man, Kahn was not only goalkeeper, he was The Captain and when he retired club was struggling with leadership. He had set last line, still remember how he shouted all the time on Lucio and Demichelis  So that big difference was not only Rensing fault. But I agree that Neuer is almost irreplaceable for us. It’s big difference if you concede +one goal in CL semi, and in that particular moment your goalkeeper is worth more than 50 mil euros.
I’m more than sure that Neuer will remain at Bayern for next 6 to 10 years. Hope he’ll be captain at some point in future.


Spot on. When we are down a goal in the champions league the players need another player to look up to. Neuer had this in him
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
Image
User avatar
German-American
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1856
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:49 pm
Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2279 times
Been thanked: 861 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests