You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Lionel Messi

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Should Bayern sign Messi?

Yes, at all costs!
23%
Yes, if less than €150m
14%
Yes, if less than €100m
19%
Yes, if less than €75m
8%
No, he will cost too much
8%
No, he will cause dressing room unrest
2%
No, he will make our tactics predictable
No votes
No, let's stick to our policies
11%
No, I don't want him to play for us
16%

Total votes : 64

Re: Lionel Messi

Postby FCB general » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:00 am

I was discussing about this Barcelona situation and Messi isn't that important in these problems. It just reality that they can't get back after 2008-2011 domination and that's normal. Regarding that, take a look at situation 2-3 years earlier. Rijkaard was the coach in period of 2003-2008. What happened? In the beginning, the same pressure and demands were there, but Ronaldinho had brought winning mentality, pushed entire team for the next 3 years and then happened 2006-2008 when they started to decline. Not to mention their huge frustrations between 1999 and 2005, six long years without trophy.
Domination and some football system works for some 3-5 years, almost everywhere is the same case. Nobody can last longer in the biggest stages such as top 4 euro domestic leagues and CL. That was obvious in year 2012 when Guardiola led Barcelona for the last 6 months and it didn't work like before.
The same thing was going on with Real 1999-2003, then Barcelona end of the 80's to 90's, before that Cruyff coming Real was dominating.
The same was with Milan and Liverpool on international scene, Milan autumn 2002-2007, Liverpool 2005-2009, etc. Look at us, since 2009/2010 till nowdays 3 CL finals in 5 seasons.

Messi is just a guy who can't be so powerful no matter what he did for the club. Ronaldinho was also powerful, alpha and omega together with his Brazilians(Deco, Edmilson, Sylvinho, etc.) and we saw how it ended with all of them. In that time Messi was so sad because Ronnie was sold to Milan and then one year after he forgot about that what he said because of improvement which followed after Guardiola sold all Brazilians. There were also RIvaldo, Ronaldo, Romario, Schuster, Maradona, etc. All great players and football legends, but never last till the end in Barca shirt.

Messi probably needs to move on to England and face with the last challenge if he can prove that he's as good as it's been in Spain.
Italy would have been definitely Argentine's next destination in the other circumstances, but not in the last 4-5 years when Italian football is completely broke.

In my opinion Messi can't adjust to new-old things to work for the team like he was doing that till summer 2008. I don't know what's gonna happen, but crisis is getting bigger at Camp Nou despite there's still a looooot of time to end as champions.

I remember what Cruyff said when Neymar signed for Barcelona: "Barcelona should sell Messi and take the big money"

I guess that statement came because the Dutchman knows pretty well Barcelona's history and the last 25 years how the thing were standing with these players, departures, in-club tensions, etc. So it's obivous that he thinks it should be made next step like before. Ronaldo>Rivaldo>Ronaldinho>Messi>Neymar. Every single time a new leader.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:11 am

But those 4 combined are not on the level that Messi is, no offence. Messi is bigger then all 4 combined.
Ottomeister13

Postby JANCKER » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:18 am

I remember what Cruyff said when Neymar signed for Barcelona: "Barcelona should sell Messi and take the big money big money big money"

:lol:

Messi will be 'forgotten' like his predecessors. The newest is the best.

'Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.'

I like Messi more than all that 4, but he's not better than all that 4 combined.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Evandro » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:08 am

You mean: Romario / Rivaldo / Ronaldo (ex Ronaldinho) [that guy that stayed with 3 shemales at same time in an hotel / Neymarketing
FCB uber alles
Evandro
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby tflags » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:00 pm

This is an interesting piece by Marcotti which should quiet the discussions down a bit: http://www.espnfc.us/spanish-primera-di ... e-marcotti
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:36 pm

I think Messi would need to be an idiot to leave Barcelona where he will go down as a big legend. Seeing as to how his adapting to Argentina's playing style(s) was arguably (relatively) disappointing, there's still a question mark on what would happen should he play for a club that's not Barcelona.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:32 pm

MUTU wrote:I think Messi would need to be an idiot to leave Barcelona where he will go down as a big legend. Seeing as to how his adapting to Argentina's playing style(s) was arguably (relatively) disappointing, there's still a question mark on what would happen should he play for a club that's not Barcelona.

Depends where he goes. I'd say he'd still be marked down as Barca's best ever player and will remain loved if he leaves. Probably the fans would blame the management for failing to keep him happy and for letting the team grow too weak.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:45 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Depends where he goes. I'd say he'd still be marked down as Barca's best ever player and will remain loved if he leaves. Probably the fans would blame the management for failing to keep him happy and for letting the team grow too weak.

I mean, what the hell?! How would you describe Messi's every god damn year new contract deal? I've never seen in my life that someone got singed so many contract deals, extensions, improvements and I don't know what else such as Messi.

If the club doesn't make him happy, then I don't know who or what is gonna make him happy. :? I know the results and team performances are things which are make his mood better, but man... Every year new contract or twice a year wage rise, bonuses etc. That's not normal for anyone and it wouldn't be a normal way to do for all legends who played this game. :?

I really think he needs a change and new environment and Rosario, San Lorenzo or some other clubs are still faaaaar away of his career end. Well, only if he's looking for career end at the age of 30-31 like Cantona did.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:30 pm

But like others have been saying, Messi rules in Barcelona. Whatever he says goes. He'll drag the fans with him even if (in my opinion) he'd be an ungrateful coward to ditch Barca after all they've done for him.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:35 pm

The problem is that Messi is already a Barca legend, whatever happens next...

...but not for me if he goes to a money laundering club. Not many options left then. :?

Anyone who claims that Messi won it all on his own is wrong and delusional, as a matter of fact nobody did or will manage such a feat ever. He even isn't 'unique' in his style, he's an improved version of Maradona.

He won with Argentina a U-20 World Cup and later an Olympic medal in 2008, runner up in Copa America, runner up in WC. Those competitions aren't played every year and Argentina isn't 1/2 of what Barca is or better say was... He's human just like anyone else with a gift, we're seeing that lately better than ever that he looks kinda 'bored'. :?

Just look at Messi of 2-3 years ago and see the difference, he was RM worst nightmare, they pooped in their pants when they'd see Messi. And guess what, he still scored the most against? RM. I hope to see that Messi again.

I don't judge Penaldo when he plays for his country, neither Messi, they don't have that bad teams as they say but still we know how hard it is to win a WC.
I see Messi sacrificing more for his team than Penaldo, be it for the NT or club.
Only the WC success is missing to him, he can come to Germany to take classes on how to win one after you lost one(there were more than one lost but...).

I think like Der Bomber, "He's fantastic. He only has one defect and that is that he doesn't play for Bayern Munich!"

I think he needs a new challenge... maybe I'm wrong.

Barca lost some important players during these years and their manager of course... age and all that. Puyol was great amongst others IMO...

The best example is Spain, Barca down = Spain down... they always lacked that spectacular in their game and endless goals without Messi, but they still managed to win.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:33 pm

enough is enough ... stop saying shit about me and Barca... the strange thing is that all is coming from Barca! somebody wants to damage the club... I am not going to move from here and I've never wanted out someone I am another player at the club. As for the ballon d'or - that who will win it will do it on his merit... [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:38 pm

Messi showed them who's the boss! :lol:
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ottackon » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:04 am

He voted for Sabella, Guardiola and Mourinho :)
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:06 am

Another Chel$ea hint... :P flirting.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:41 pm

According to a Goal exclusive... OK, you can stop reading now... but just for the record, Guardiola supposedly called Messi in a secret phone call (guess Goal.com must be tapping phones these days) and convinced him to remain at Barcelona. [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News