You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Leon Goretzka

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby gumboduncan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:03 am

That would be my wet dream next summer Manchu. I'm very high on Goretzka and I think that Brandt could be our future left winger for years to come. Those two along with Süle and Kimmich could be the backbone of our team for the next 10 seasons or so.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:11 pm

Poor chap got injured at possibly the worst time. A good display in these two friendlies against England and Grance would almost guarantee him a WC birth. Luckily for him there are still the March friendlies against Brasil and España.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Pelin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:11 am

First off, l don't get why you are so obbesed with the signing of him. unless we move Martinez back to Cb, we don't have space for him. Second off, l'd not go for him even if we have space, since another creative player would be more handy than him.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Larhm » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:09 am

gumboduncan wrote:That would be my wet dream next summer Manchu. I'm very high on Goretzka and I think that Brandt could be our future left winger for years to come. Those two along with Süle and Kimmich could be the backbone of our team for the next 10 seasons or so.

No, not Brandt please. I'd very much prefer Leroy Sane. sad that we have missed out on him.
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:24 am

Larhm wrote:
gumboduncan wrote:That would be my wet dream next summer Manchu. I'm very high on Goretzka and I think that Brandt could be our future left winger for years to come. Those two along with Süle and Kimmich could be the backbone of our team for the next 10 seasons or so.

No, not Brandt please. I'd very much prefer Leroy Sane. sad that we have missed out on him.

Have already posted this a thousand times so don't really care to get into this again, not too in-depth at least...but in short: Brandt is better than Sane in virtually every statistical category, regardless of league, surrounding team, opposition, etc.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:02 pm

DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Jorge » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Pelin wrote:First off, l don't get why you are so obbesed with the signing of him. unless we move Martinez back to Cb, we don't have space for him. Second off, l'd not go for him even if we have space, since another creative player would be more handy than him.

Did you realize that Martinez is 29 and Goretzka is 22. We are not talking about the player that we need for next season, we are talking about the player that we need for the next 7-8 seasons. Martinez won't be around in 2-3 years, in the meantime both can coexist although it might require getting rid of Sanchez, Vidal or Tolisso and frankly I do not mind any of those 3 gone next season if it means making room for Martinez replacement.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Oggy121 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:46 pm

Goretzka is not a Martinez replacement. He is a #8 and Martinez is a #6. We have too many midfields for 2 positions. If Bayern buy Goretzka, they must sell Sanches and another CDM, may be Vidal
Oggy121
Getting the hang of it

Postby Mircea_1984 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Jorge wrote:
Pelin wrote:First off, l don't get why you are so obbesed with the signing of him. unless we move Martinez back to Cb, we don't have space for him. Second off, l'd not go for him even if we have space, since another creative player would be more handy than him.

Did you realize that Martinez is 29 and Goretzka is 22. We are not talking about the player that we need for next season, we are talking about the player that we need for the next 7-8 seasons. Martinez won't be around in 2-3 years, in the meantime both can coexist although it might require getting rid of Sanchez, Vidal or Tolisso and frankly I do not mind any of those 3 gone next season if it means making room for Martinez replacement.

YES PLEASE!!! Lets get rid of Tolliso until his price wont come under 20-25 millions.
Mircea_1984
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Roonzil » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:01 pm

This is worrying, since it sounds a lot like backtracking...what EPL club could it be tho?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:32 pm

No worries...
https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/9 ... 7627209728

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:46 pm

ramsej84 wrote:No worries...
https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/9 ... 7627209728

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Kicker is a sh*t source for Bayern news.
Guardian quotes were from Bierhoff himself, I ain't buying the 'hypothetical' backpedaling story.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby RedQueen » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:26 pm

Somehow I doubt that Goretzka told Bierhoff or someone else in the NT about his plans for next summer; this would mean he told them four weeks ago and it's only coming out now, because this time he isn't even with the team.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:51 am

Oggy121 wrote:Goretzka is not a Martinez replacement. He is a #8 and Martinez is a #6. We have too many midfields for 2 positions. If Bayern buy Goretzka, they must sell Sanches and another CDM, may be Vidal

I do not think that you can look at football that way, players evolve over time and change roles. Martinez himself played more like a box to box (#8) midfielder in his younger days at Athletic, it was Marcelo Bielsa's idea who started using him as a more defensive player, as a stopper in front of the center backs or as a center back.

Goretzka now is more like a Vidal type of player but I do not rule out that he could become more a #6 than a #8 in the near future, the other aspect that you are missing is that right now Martinez acts like a single pivot because Heynckes shapes his teams tactically based on the characteristics of his players but in his previous spell with us he played with a double pivot many times and who knows if the next coach will prefer this formation, in the context I can't see why Goretzka can't be considered Martinez' replacement.

I can write a long list of players that started as something else and ended up as deep lying midfielders, just remember that Schweinsteiger and Kroos started as wingers.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:31 pm

According to Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo, Bayern Munich have dropped out of the race to sign Leon Goretzka but Tottenham Hotspur remain a problem for fellow suitors Barcelona. [source]

This is why Honigstein was talking about "hypothetical" England move.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News