You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Leon Goretzka

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.
 

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby gumboduncan » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:03 am

That would be my wet dream next summer Manchu. I'm very high on Goretzka and I think that Brandt could be our future left winger for years to come. Those two along with Süle and Kimmich could be the backbone of our team for the next 10 seasons or so.
In Kalle I trust
User avatar
gumboduncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 2:53 pm
Location: Iceland
National Flag:
Iceland
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 42 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:11 pm

Poor chap got injured at possibly the worst time. A good display in these two friendlies against England and Grance would almost guarantee him a WC birth. Luckily for him there are still the March friendlies against Brasil and España.
User avatar
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Posts: 755
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 pm
Location: Virginia/California
Has thanked: 250 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Pelin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:11 am

First off, l don't get why you are so obbesed with the signing of him. unless we move Martinez back to Cb, we don't have space for him. Second off, l'd not go for him even if we have space, since another creative player would be more handy than him.
User avatar
Pelin
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1409
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 293 times
Been thanked: 410 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Larhm » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:09 am

gumboduncan wrote:That would be my wet dream next summer Manchu. I'm very high on Goretzka and I think that Brandt could be our future left winger for years to come. Those two along with Süle and Kimmich could be the backbone of our team for the next 10 seasons or so.


No, not Brandt please. I'd very much prefer Leroy Sane. sad that we have missed out on him.
User avatar
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:13 pm
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 71 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby aterford » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:24 am

Larhm wrote:
gumboduncan wrote:That would be my wet dream next summer Manchu. I'm very high on Goretzka and I think that Brandt could be our future left winger for years to come. Those two along with Süle and Kimmich could be the backbone of our team for the next 10 seasons or so.


No, not Brandt please. I'd very much prefer Leroy Sane. sad that we have missed out on him.


Have already posted this a thousand times so don't really care to get into this again, not too in-depth at least...but in short: Brandt is better than Sane in virtually every statistical category, regardless of league, surrounding team, opposition, etc.
User avatar
aterford
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1562
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 1399 times
Been thanked: 854 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:02 pm

User avatar
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:40 pm
Location: NY
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 753 times
Been thanked: 840 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Jorge » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Pelin wrote:First off, l don't get why you are so obbesed with the signing of him. unless we move Martinez back to Cb, we don't have space for him. Second off, l'd not go for him even if we have space, since another creative player would be more handy than him.


Did you realize that Martinez is 29 and Goretzka is 22. We are not talking about the player that we need for next season, we are talking about the player that we need for the next 7-8 seasons. Martinez won't be around in 2-3 years, in the meantime both can coexist although it might require getting rid of Sanchez, Vidal or Tolisso and frankly I do not mind any of those 3 gone next season if it means making room for Martinez replacement.
User avatar
Jorge
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1560
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Fort Lauderdale, USA
National Flag:
World Trade Organization
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 1063 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Oggy121 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:46 pm

Goretzka is not a Martinez replacement. He is a #8 and Martinez is a #6. We have too many midfields for 2 positions. If Bayern buy Goretzka, they must sell Sanches and another CDM, may be Vidal
Oggy121
Getting the hang of it
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 3:45 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Mircea_1984 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:45 pm

Jorge wrote:
Pelin wrote:First off, l don't get why you are so obbesed with the signing of him. unless we move Martinez back to Cb, we don't have space for him. Second off, l'd not go for him even if we have space, since another creative player would be more handy than him.


Did you realize that Martinez is 29 and Goretzka is 22. We are not talking about the player that we need for next season, we are talking about the player that we need for the next 7-8 seasons. Martinez won't be around in 2-3 years, in the meantime both can coexist although it might require getting rid of Sanchez, Vidal or Tolisso and frankly I do not mind any of those 3 gone next season if it means making room for Martinez replacement.


YES PLEASE!!! Lets get rid of Tolliso until his price wont come under 20-25 millions.
User avatar
Mircea_1984
Woah, this feels cool!
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:06 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 27 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Roonzil » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:01 pm



This is worrying, since it sounds a lot like backtracking...what EPL club could it be tho?


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Image
Total ho for Thiago :P
User avatar
Roonzil
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2323
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:54 pm
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 1370 times
Gender: Female

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:32 pm

No worries...
https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/9 ... 7627209728

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
User avatar
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 27148
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: Birkirkara - Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 22124 times
Been thanked: 6204 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Roonzil » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:46 pm

ramsej84 wrote:No worries...
https://twitter.com/iMiaSanMia/status/9 ... 7627209728

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk


Kicker is a sh*t source for Bayern news.
Guardian quotes were from Bierhoff himself, I ain't buying the 'hypothetical' backpedaling story.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Image
Total ho for Thiago :P
User avatar
Roonzil
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 2323
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:54 pm
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 237 times
Been thanked: 1370 times
Gender: Female

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby RedQueen » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:26 pm

Somehow I doubt that Goretzka told Bierhoff or someone else in the NT about his plans for next summer; this would mean he told them four weeks ago and it's only coming out now, because this time he isn't even with the team.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
User avatar
RedQueen
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1772
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:58 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 917 times
Gender: Female

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Jorge » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:51 am

Oggy121 wrote:Goretzka is not a Martinez replacement. He is a #8 and Martinez is a #6. We have too many midfields for 2 positions. If Bayern buy Goretzka, they must sell Sanches and another CDM, may be Vidal


I do not think that you can look at football that way, players evolve over time and change roles. Martinez himself played more like a box to box (#8) midfielder in his younger days at Athletic, it was Marcelo Bielsa's idea who started using him as a more defensive player, as a stopper in front of the center backs or as a center back.

Goretzka now is more like a Vidal type of player but I do not rule out that he could become more a #6 than a #8 in the near future, the other aspect that you are missing is that right now Martinez acts like a single pivot because Heynckes shapes his teams tactically based on the characteristics of his players but in his previous spell with us he played with a double pivot many times and who knows if the next coach will prefer this formation, in the context I can't see why Goretzka can't be considered Martinez' replacement.

I can write a long list of players that started as something else and ended up as deep lying midfielders, just remember that Schweinsteiger and Kroos started as wingers.
User avatar
Jorge
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1560
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:32 pm
Location: Fort Lauderdale, USA
National Flag:
World Trade Organization
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 1063 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:31 pm

According to Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo, Bayern Munich have dropped out of the race to sign Leon Goretzka but Tottenham Hotspur remain a problem for fellow suitors Barcelona. [source]


This is why Honigstein was talking about "hypothetical" England move.
Image
User avatar
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2769
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:38 pm
National Flag:
Bulgaria
Has thanked: 1337 times
Been thanked: 1118 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], hrosenberg33 and 18 guests