You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Leon Goretzka

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby aterford » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:54 pm

Hardrade wrote:
aterford wrote:Yes, he's exceeded expectations, but to be fair I think most had pretty much no expectations to begin with for him. We are talking like this guy who'd went virtually unnoticed until the age of 26-27 like he is now suddenly Zidane with hair. *IF* we play 4-3-3 you could make a case for him starting but if it's a 4-2-3-1 or otherwise he's simply not better than Thiago or Vidal to start in a 2-man midfield. Nowhere close.

At the end of the day, if we sell Rudy for a profit and add Goretzka for free, that's absolutely an improvement to the squad. I don't know that there's a single club in the world who wouldn't make that choice.

Exactly, the expectations were considerably influenced by his non-existent fee. If he came for 30mil I'm sure that overall sentiment would be quite different.

Yes, 100%. Imagine if Tolisso came for free and we broke our club record on Rudy. Every single person here would be calling for the resignation of everyone on the board and he'd be viewed as one of the biggest flops in club history. Meanwhile we would be talking about Rudy like we just signed a prime-level Vidal for free.
Let's not let how much we paid and our preset expectations cloud our judgement of players' performances.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Coman » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:27 pm

Should get ride of Tolisso and Sanches and take Goretzka for free and a deep lying playmaker (a real one).
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby bastos80 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:53 pm

Coman wrote:Should get ride of Tolisso and Sanches and take Goretzka for free and a deep lying playmaker (a real one).

Oh, so after 3 months we already have to get rid of Tolisso :lol:
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Pelin » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:01 pm

This shows poor squad planning. We sign a vice Vidal every year, considering it's impossible to sign a WC regista in the market anymore.

it's still early to talk about Tolisso. if we sign Goretzka, l think we will make a decision regarding Vidal at the end of the season. Vidal is underperforming along with Tolisso is not convincing, especially on his passing game and positional play.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby America USA » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:36 am

He’ll be ours it’s in the stars! :wink:

Sanches should stay on loan for one more season (ideally in Spain or in Germany) and Vidal goes in 2019.
In two years time our midfield should consist of Thiago, Leon, Sanches (Vidal role box to box), Rudy (defensive mid) and Tolisso. That’s pretty decent.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Ed. » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:53 am

Don't get the fuss about Leon and I don't think he is the right kind of player for Bayern.

He reminds me of Ballack. Decent but not exceptional in possession, makes good runs into the box and has an eye for goal. He isn't good enough to be playing solely in deep midfield and not good enough to be solely playing attacking midfield either. He needs exceptional players for specific roles around him. In the NT, he's got that with Kroos.

We've already got a jack of all trades, master of none with Muller. Stacking the team with more of the same ilk isn't very clever.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:54 am

Ed. wrote:Don't get the fuss about Leon and I don't think he is the right kind of player for Bayern.

He reminds me of Ballack. Decent but not exceptional in possession, makes good runs into the box and has an eye for goal. He isn't good enough to be playing solely in deep midfield and not good enough to be solely playing attacking midfield either. He needs exceptional players for specific roles around him. In the NT, he's got that with Kroos.

We've already got a jack of all trades, master of none with Muller. Stacking the team with more of the same ilk isn't very clever.

:-&
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Pelin » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:14 am

İf he improves his defensive game more, he can be Vidal replacement.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:48 pm

Ed. wrote:Don't get the fuss about Leon and I don't think he is the right kind of player for Bayern.

Watch this space, we will be calling him the Fußballgott in the future...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:56 pm

Müller is a jack of no trades to be honest
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:05 pm

bastos80 wrote:

OK he had a slow down in his form... it all started when he missed that infamous penalty vs Atletico Madrid but I am afraid that you might have a short memory... Does WM 2010 EM2012 WM2014 ring a bell ?
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Achilles » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:08 pm

I think he is referring to his current state which is really disappointing.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:34 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

OK he had a slow down in his form... it all started when he missed that infamous penalty vs Atletico Madrid but I am afraid that you might have a short memory... Does WM 2010 EM2012 WM2014 ring a bell ?

Come on, he's comparing Goretzka to Müller :lol:
Müller was never the greatest footballer, he shined because of his positional play and his ability to constantly get on the score sheet.
He's been absolute rubbish for the last 2 years, and I'm afraid if Jupp can't get him back to his old form his career at Bayern is over.

I don't have a short memory, in fact I remember quite well how Müller used to play.
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:04 pm

bastos80 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:[quote="Ed."]Don't get the fuss about Leon and I don't think he is the right kind of player for Bayern.

Come on, he's comparing Goretzka to Müller
Müller was never the greatest footballer, he shined because of his positional play and his ability to constantly get on the score sheet.
He's been absolute rubbish for the last 2 years, and I'm afraid if Jupp can't get him back to his old form his career at Bayern is over.

I don't have a short memory, in fact I remember quite well how Müller used to play.[/quote]And he will shut all doubters' mouths very soon

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:22 pm

bastos80 wrote:Müller was never the greatest footballer

People see what they want to see. You had to wait like 7-8 years to 'prove' your point.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News