You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Leon Goretzka

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.
 

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby kingbayern » Fri May 19, 2017 5:37 pm

#12 wrote:You mean me by "the guy"? - believe me I have

If he comes next year, while taking another step in development, I might be open to it... But right now, he's deadweight that'll barely play, occupy a squad spot and will cost us 20m plus which we desperately need to spend on other positions... It's just a **** stupid transfer - and anyone who doesn't see that should REALLY ne the one questioning themselves...



Okay that a fair point. I had problems with the assumption he doesn't have world-class potential. Though I can see your point but we will see.
User avatar
kingbayern
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 812
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 5:28 am
National Flag:
Jamaica
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 262 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby MiaSanFCB » Fri May 19, 2017 5:41 pm

ottackon wrote:According to Bild, this deal is almost done, it's only a question of time, transfer fee : €25 million.

€25 million? :| :shock:
User avatar
MiaSanFCB
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:57 pm
National Flag:
Uruguay
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 350 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Pelin » Fri May 19, 2017 6:08 pm

They were talking about around 50 m euros fee for Meyer, 1 year contract left is the reason why it's only 25 m euros.

btw, l think he is ready for next step: with Costa staying, we only have space for a gift signing Carlo rejected last season as Götze replacement, Sanchez. assuming we will close the market with both of them.
User avatar
Pelin
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 293 times
Been thanked: 411 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby #12 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:27 pm

kingbayern wrote:
#12 wrote:You mean me by "the guy"? - believe me I have

If he comes next year, while taking another step in development, I might be open to it... But right now, he's deadweight that'll barely play, occupy a squad spot and will cost us 20m plus which we desperately need to spend on other positions... It's just a **** stupid transfer - and anyone who doesn't see that should REALLY ne the one questioning themselves...



Okay that a fair point. I had problems with the assumption he doesn't have world-class potential. Though I can see your point but we will see.



Well, it's kinda hard to predict it... That's the art of a scout... All I can say that so far Goretzka seems solid, but world class for me is pretty exclusive and he's far from that... Also, there was muchmore talk about the Götzes, Kroos', Reus' than there is about him and they were all better than him at that age... And Götze is not world class, IMHO neither is Reus (yet)...

Either way, we're not disagreeing that much...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9220
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 377 times
Been thanked: 2535 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby KrampusIsReal » Fri May 19, 2017 10:47 pm

gumboduncan wrote:To me Goretzka is very good player, not a world class player (at least not yet), but a very good Xabi replacement. He has all the qualities to succeed at Bayern. Bayern were never going to sign Verratti for 70-80 million. That's just not how the Bayern board works. Lets face it. We don't spent stupid money on players like some teams do.

A future starting MF for the NT for years to come. What's not to like?

Nope we sign from our youth teams in Dortmund

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Mia San Mia!
Deutscher Fußball Bund! WeltMeisters '54 '74 '90 '14
User avatar
KrampusIsReal
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 257 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Lukas » Fri May 19, 2017 11:13 pm

While I would be happy to see another German here, there's literally no point in him coming while Ancelotti is here. Maybe Renato wants a permanent companion on the bench especially if Kimmich jumps ship.
User avatar
Lukas
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:34 am
National Flag:
England
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 771 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat May 20, 2017 5:38 am

Well, he could play a 2013 Javi Martinez role which our current Javi sadly can't do anymore. I like that he´s German and tall and strong. We might be a real threat in set pieces again with the likes of Süle, Hummels, Goretzka, Javi, Lewy....

But I can´t see any logic in our team at the moment. I guess we have to wait and see until the squad is finished
Last edited by YlonenXabi on Sat May 20, 2017 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
User avatar
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8843
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 am
Location: Sydney
National Flag:
Spain
Has thanked: 1796 times
Been thanked: 1827 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby dambun » Sat May 20, 2017 10:19 am

I would absolutely welcome such a transfer because of his qualities/age/price and to some extent, nationality....
It can help us dominate the midfield with highly technical midfielders.
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
User avatar
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5281
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:05 am
Location: Tehran, Iran
National Flag:
Iran
Has thanked: 862 times
Been thanked: 377 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby #12 » Sat May 20, 2017 11:29 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Well, he could play a 2013 Javi Martinez role which our current Javi sadly can't do anymore. I like that he´s German and tall and strong. We might be a real threat in set pieces again with the likes of Süle, Hummels, Goretzka, Javi, Lewy....

But I can´t see any logic in our team at the moment. I guess we have to wait and see until the squad is finished


Yup... Still thinking it was a lucky coincidence that there actually was some logic in it at some point...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 9220
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 377 times
Been thanked: 2535 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Mani » Sat May 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Reus is definitely world class
User avatar
Mani
Yeah, now I'm talking!
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 9:03 am
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 82 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby MUTU » Sat May 20, 2017 12:29 pm

Mani wrote:Reus is definitely world class patient

Fixed your post.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31650
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5584 times
Been thanked: 8329 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby dambun » Sat May 20, 2017 12:35 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I can´t see any logic in our team at the moment.

What do you mean?
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
User avatar
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5281
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:05 am
Location: Tehran, Iran
National Flag:
Iran
Has thanked: 862 times
Been thanked: 377 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Pelin » Sat May 20, 2017 2:04 pm

User avatar
Pelin
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 293 times
Been thanked: 411 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Pelin » Sat May 20, 2017 7:48 pm

User avatar
Pelin
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:45 pm
Has thanked: 293 times
Been thanked: 411 times
Gender: Male

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby aterford » Sun May 21, 2017 4:45 am

Huh, wonder if perhaps the meeting with his agent was to work out a deal for 2018, similar to Lewandowski's - he'll see out his current contract with Schalke and join us on a free? Would make more sense for Bayern and Goretzka than signing him this summer, IMO
User avatar
aterford
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1597
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 1415 times
Been thanked: 863 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 20 guests