You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Leon Goretzka

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Leon Goretzka

Postby Roonzil » Thu May 18, 2017 3:49 pm

MUTU wrote:He's too tall to play for Bayern.

Excuse you?

Any excuse for me to post some Sule :mrgreen:
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 18, 2017 3:49 pm

In my opinion a very unnecessary transfer if it happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:50 pm

bastos80 wrote:It's not about quantity, it's about player profiles.
It just makes no sense to have 3 b2b midfielders.

He's a lot more flexible than that, Goreztka has played as a deep lying playmaker and is very effective as well. He's similar to Schweinstiger in that he doesn't mind collecting the ball from deep and spraying passes on top of being effective pushing forward....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 18, 2017 3:53 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:It's not about quantity, it's about player profiles.
It just makes no sense to have 3 b2b midfielders.

He's a lot more flexible than that, Goreztka has played as a deep lying playmaker and is very effective as well. He's similar to Schweinstiger in that he doesn't mind collecting the ball from deep and spraying passes on top of being effective pushing forward....

We don't need that! We have Thiago to be our maestro, we have Vidal to B2B, we have Renato to take the ball forward, Rudy for whatever Rudy does, Javi to be a pure destroyer... We got midfielders for pretty much every role except...The single thing we are missing? A PROPER CREATIVE MIDFIELDER which this guy isn't!

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu May 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Roonzil wrote:

Excuse you?

Meh, let me rephrase. He's too tall to play in Bayern's midfield.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Leon Goretzka

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:01 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:We don't need that! We have Thiago to be our maestro, we have Vidal to B2B, we have Renato to take the ball forward, Rudy for whatever Rudy does, Javi to be a pure destroyer... We got midfielders for pretty much every role except...The single thing we are missing? A PROPER CREATIVE MIDFIELDER which this guy isn't!

It may not be an immediate need but his skills are still a need when you consider the future of the squad. No one here believes Rudy is going to be anymore than a rotational player and I'd be surprised if he sees out his contract

Vidal is pushing the wrong side of 30 and with his playstyle he probably has 2 to 3 seasons at a top level max. It's also clear from the many posts on here that Sanches isn't ready and will need time to adjust.

Goretzka is a young and experienced German international midfielder who very much looks set to be one of the best in the world in a couple years. I think Bayern signing him is a no brained...I don't know why so many are against this when he is a guy you plug in the midfield for almost any top 10 club day one.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu May 18, 2017 4:04 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:We don't need that! We have Thiago to be our maestro, we have Vidal to B2B, we have Renato to take the ball forward, Rudy for whatever Rudy does, Javi to be a pure destroyer... We got midfielders for pretty much every role except...The single thing we are missing? A PROPER CREATIVE MIDFIELDER which this guy isn't!

It may not be an immediate need but his skills are still a need when you consider the future of the squad. No one here believes Rudy is going to be anymore than a rotational player and I'd be surprised if he sees out his contract

Vidal is pushing the wrong side of 30 and with his playstyle he probably has 2 to 3 seasons at a top level max. It's also clear from the many posts on here that Sanches isn't ready and will need time to adjust.

Goretzka is a young and experienced German international midfielder who very much looks set to be one of the best in the world in a couple years. I think Bayern signing him is a no brained....

I'm sorry Firefox... I can't see either that he is that good or that position is a need even in the long term. IMO we should switch to Regista+Destroyer+Trequartista and ditch B2B.

This guy is getting bought just because he is German.

Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Thu May 18, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PunkCapitalist

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:07 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:

Goretzka is a young and experienced German international midfielder who very much looks set to be one of the best in the world in a couple years. I think Bayern signing him is a no brained....

I'm sorry Firefox... I can't see either that he is that good or that position is a need even in the long term. IMO we should switch to Regista+Destroyer+Trequartista and ditch B2B.

I'd love to go with that midfield shape and I've been vocal about it being my preference but I'm just going with what I know and have seen from Carlo. Maybe there is a chance we see Javi move to the midfield and play a proper 433 but at the moment the 4231 seems here to stay...

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby aterford » Thu May 18, 2017 4:30 pm

MUTU wrote:
Roonzil wrote:

Excuse you?

Meh, let me rephrase. He's too tall to play in Bayern's midfield.

aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby #12 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:31 pm

So were firm on not being CL contenders anymore then?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:33 pm

We also played Vidal as a DLP. Surely Sanches could potentially do the same job.
I don't think this is what we want though.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Pelin » Thu May 18, 2017 5:47 pm

Bayern signed Sanches after PSG didn't sell Verratti to us. in this case, also Kalle said that Sanches would be our new regista. thereby, we want to sign Goretzka as Sanches replacement.

l wish we could sign Veratti, however it's impossible, considering he is in the centre of PSG's project, like l said before.

Btw, we can't consider Martinez as midfielder, since one injury of 3 CB's will make us think we need him for CB. also considering 4 CB's for 2 positions is ideal. Let's not forget Alaba got plently playing time as CB this season.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Thu May 18, 2017 11:39 pm

Pelin wrote:Bayern signed Sanches after PSG didn't sell Verratti to us. in this case, also Kalle said that Sanches would be our new regista. thereby, we want to sign Goretzka as Sanches replacement.

l wish we could sign Veratti, however it's impossible, considering he is in the centre of PSG's project, like l said before.

Btw, we can't consider Martinez as midfielder, since one injury of 3 CB's will make us think we need him for CB. also considering 4 CB's for 2 positions is ideal. Let's not forget Alaba got plently playing time as CB this season.

Uli (and perhaps KHR) have said that Martinez will be a midfielder unless injuries at CB force him to play there.
aterford
I'm a post king!

Postby Pelin » Fri May 19, 2017 12:24 am

aterford wrote:
Pelin wrote:Bayern signed Sanches after PSG didn't sell Verratti to us. in this case, also Kalle said that Sanches would be our new regista. thereby, we want to sign Goretzka as Sanches replacement.

Uli (and perhaps KHR) have said that Martinez will be a midfielder unless injuries at CB force him to play there.

not Kalle, it was Uli. this is why l kept saying not to take serious Uli that much. since Kalle and Reschke are the ones who makes squad planning.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby ottackon » Fri May 19, 2017 4:07 am

According to Bild, this deal is almost done, it's only a question of time, transfer fee : €25 million.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News