You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Leon Bailey [Leon Bailey Butler]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Leon Bailey [Leon Bailey Butler]

Postby #12 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:36 pm

Erm... But it’s already gone and we’re more dominant than ever... ;)
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:59 pm

Stick to topic guys, please.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DRvad14 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:45 pm

Bayern Munich make €60m bid for Bayer Leverkusen's Leon Bailey - Raphael Honigstein
Bayern Munich have tabled a €60 million bid for Bayer Leverkusen winger Leon Bailey, according to sources familiar with the negotiations.

Leverkusen, however, are holding out for a fee closer to €100m and would much prefer to sell the 20-year-old to Real Madrid, who have also expressed a strong interest in himThe Champions League finalists have instructed Portuguese agent Jose Mendes to explore the possibility of luring the Jamaican-born attacking midfielder to the Bernabeu.Bayern believe Bailey favours a move to the Allianz Arena over the Spanish capital, but they will have to up their offer considerably to meet Leverkusen's demands.

Leverkusen are confident more bidders from abroad will materialise in coming weeks. Many Premier League clubs have closely followed the Jamaica youth international's progress but as of today, Bayern are the only club to have made a concrete offer.

Bailey, a €13.5m buy from Belgium side KRC Genk in January 2017, has emerged as one of the breakout stars of the Bundesliga in his first full campaign, contributing nine goals and six assists to Leverkusen's fifth-placed finish in the league.

DRvad14
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby gumboduncan » Sat May 19, 2018 12:59 am

Wow, if true then this will get interesting. That's a lot of money for Bailey. Leverkusen are smart to wait and see how this summer will pan out. If Real Madrid and some of EPL top dogs are interested then Leverkusen could milk this transfer a lot.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby GoatHCW » Sat May 19, 2018 1:31 am

Bailey is a great prospect but my concern is that he’s another left winger. We have Coman and Gnabry along with Ribery.
The money would be better spent on someone who can succeed on the right like Pulisic, Malcolm, or Thauvin
GoatHCW
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby manuelbavarian » Sat May 19, 2018 2:35 am

It would be great. 60M is a really good price.
He is one of the most potential young players in the world. He is better than Coman, but i think that Bailey can be prepare to act in right wing also.

Sadly i doubt that he comes to Bayern.
manuelbavarian
Getting the hang of it

Leon Bailey [Leon Bailey Butler]

Postby Robb3449 » Sat May 19, 2018 4:06 am

My question(s): Why make a “ low-ball” bid for a player who plays for a sporting director whom despises our club? Do we think that no other clubs are interested? Is this an excuse to say: Oh well, we tried to sign some of the best attackers out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ed. » Sat May 19, 2018 4:32 am

Robb3449 wrote:My question(s): Why make a “ low-ball” bid for a player who plays for a sporting director whom despises our club? Do we think that no other clubs are interested? Is this an excuse to say: Oh well, we tried to sign some of the best attackers out there?

Well, if it's 60 mil, it's not really a low ball bid for a player who has just had his breakout season.
The fact that Leverkusen would much prefer to sell abroad since they despise Bayern (who'd blame them) is an entirely different matter.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat May 19, 2018 4:42 am

Also, Bailey wants to become eligible to play for Germany... So he needs to stay here...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
Extreme Pessimist

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Robb3449 » Sat May 19, 2018 5:05 am

Ed. wrote:
Robb3449 wrote:My question(s): Why make a “ low-ball” bid for a player who plays for a sporting director whom despises our club? Do we think that no other clubs are interested? Is this an excuse to say: Oh well, we tried to sign some of the best attackers out there?

Well, if it's 60 mil, it's not really a low ball bid for a player who has just had his breakout season.
The fact that Leverkusen would much prefer to sell abroad since they despise Bayern (who'd blame them) is an entirely different matter.

Fair enough, but given his asking price (which is ridiculous IMO) is this bid not kinda low?

Reggie Jackson (of the 1977 NY Yankees) when asked, "What's the biggest thing you've noticed (about the team) since being injured?" " The magnitude of ME!"
Robb3449
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ed. » Sat May 19, 2018 5:30 am

Robb3449 wrote:
Ed. wrote:

Fair enough, but given his asking price (which is ridiculous IMO) is this bid not kinda low?

Yeah, but the asking price is ridiculous as you said right? This isn't an established WC level player who will immediately make a difference like Greizaman, Hazard etc.

If Leverksusen want 100$ mil, it has more to do with the inflated market for young players with potential (like Mpappe) and to be fair to them it probably isn't a ridiculous asking price because there are other clubs who may be willing to come close to that.
Ed.
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Sat May 19, 2018 6:27 am

100m for Bailey is absolutely asinine and tbh even 60m is kinda ridiculous imo. Good start to the season, been cool for a while now. His numbers on the season as a whole are very pedestrian; much worse than Gnabry, who’s costing us perhaps one-tenth as much as Bailey will....
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bmguy » Sat May 19, 2018 6:42 am

I hope this is just a rumor. We can't afford buying someone 60 mil to stay on the bench.
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat May 19, 2018 7:43 am

LOL. I just had a dream that Bayern are announcing a new signing.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Coman » Sat May 19, 2018 8:18 am

Perfect target.
4-3-3 : Neuer - Kimmich Boateng Hummels Alaba - Goretzka Thiago James - Robben Lewandowski Gnabry
3-5-2 : Neuer - Boateng Hummels Alaba - Thiago - Kimmich Goretzka James Coman - Müller Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News