You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Kylian Mbappé [Kylian Mbappé Lottin]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Kylian Mbappé [Kylian Mbappé Lottin]

Postby FCB12Forever » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:59 am

MUTU wrote:Yes, not even in 500 years time. That's what #12 boldly predicts.

On the day of 05/20/2012, I was sitting in the rain and thinking like, perhaps we will have to sell all our players who are too eager to win a CL... And we might be relegated next year.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Ed. » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:52 pm

MUTU wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:never again? :?
Yes, not even in 500 years time. That's what #12 boldly predicts.

I predict the same as well. Unless, we get rid of those 2 mugs running the club and rethink the way the club approaches transfers, we will not have a top 3 player and will not be winning the CL ever again. I'm confident of that.

Let's look at the landscape 10 yrs ago. You had 1-2 big clubs (Real, Barca) who were willing to pay exorbitant transfer fees. Bayern's strategy of adopting a frugal transfer policy could be debated but could not be dismissed altogether. It was the optimal strategy. There were only 1-2 clubs inflating the market but there was still a large group of players outside the radar of these clubs. Bayern was always in contention with what price they wanted to pay for these players.

Let's look at the situation today, You have Real, Barca, Manu, Man City, PSG, who will consistently pay over the top and easily outbid Bayern in any transfer battle. I'm not even including Chelsea and a bunch of other clubs, who can also do the same provided the player in question has no preference to play for Bayern. Are we getting Ribery in today's market as we did back in 2007, no bloody way, we would be outbid. Are we getting Robben in today's market as we did in 2009 for a steal?.No bloody way again. Are we making CL semis regularly, 3 Finals and 1 victory over that span without these 2? No bloody way again.

There is an equilibrium being established at these big spending clubs and we are adopting the losing strategy, when we are clearly, financially in a position to also play the same strategy of paying over the top for the players we know are needed to improve the team. I''m not saying spending 180 million,that is a ridiculous amount to pay for a single player and will never happen at Bayern, but we would have got De Bryune or locked in Sanchez if the club had raised the transfer ceiling.

We are already losing top German players and top BL talent to clubs outside the BL, that should have been warning bells, but no, the dinosaurs we have running the club say everything will be fine. In addition our scouting department (the most overpaid and incompetent entity on the planet), cannot ever deliver a left field, below the radar recruit, like Mane, Aube, Pulisic, etc etc. FFS, even Madrid are doing it now with Asensio.

So, what is all the above telling me? We are not improving the quality of our squad as we have done year after year since 2007 anytime soon and that can surely not lead to better results on the pitch.

The club has been served wonderfully by the current established management hierarchy for over 3 decades now, but circumstances change and adaption is required. The laws of evolution and survival apply to every aspect of life.

If the club does not rethink it's transfer policy, (which I fear will be the case) in the next yr or 2, we will we fall so far behind that even a change in thinking at a later point is going to be too little, too late.

If I, as an ordinary supporter and fierce believer in the way the club handled transfers for the last 10 yrs can clearly see this and that a change is required now and I know a lot of us on this forum do as well,then it clearly indicates that the people at the top are out of touch and a change is needed.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:08 pm

Ed. wrote:
MUTU wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:never again? :?
Yes, not even in 500 years time. That's what #12 boldly predicts.

I predict the same as well. Unless, we get rid of those 2 mugs running the club and rethink the way the club approaches transfers, we will not have a top 3 player and will not be winning the CL ever again. I'm confident of that.

Let's look at the landscape 10 yrs ago. You had 1-2 big clubs (Real, Barca) who were willing to pay exorbitant transfer fees. Bayern's strategy of adopting a frugal transfer policy could be debated but could not be dismissed altogether. It was the optimal strategy. There were only 1-2 clubs inflating the market but there was still a large group of players outside the radar of these clubs. Bayern was always in contention with what price they wanted to pay for these players.

Let's look at the situation today, You have Real, Barca, Manu, Man City, PSG, who will consistently pay over the top and easily outbid Bayern in any transfer battle. I'm not even including Chelsea and a bunch of other clubs, who can also do the same provided the player in question has no preference to play for Bayern. Are we getting Ribery in today's market as we did back in 2007, no bloody way, we would be outbid. Are we getting Robben in today's market as we did in 2009 for a steal?.No bloody way again. Are we making CL semis regularly, 3 Finals and 1 victory over that span without these 2? No bloody way again.

There is an equilibrium being established at these big spending clubs and we are adopting the losing strategy, when we are clearly, financially in a position to also play the same strategy of paying over the top for the players we know are needed to improve the team. I''m not saying spending 180 million,that is a ridiculous amount to pay for a single player and will never happen at Bayern, but we would have got De Bryune or locked in Sanchez if the club had raised the transfer ceiling.

We are already losing top German players and top BL talent to clubs outside the BL, that should have been warning bells, but no, the dinosaurs we have running the club say everything will be fine. In addition our scouting department (the most overpaid and incompetent entity on the planet), cannot ever deliver a left field, below the radar recruit, like Mane, Aube, Pulisic, etc etc. FFS, even Madrid are doing it now with Asensio.

So, what is all the above telling me? We are not improving the quality of our squad as we have done year after year since 2007 anytime soon and that can surely not lead to better results on the pitch.

The club has been served wonderfully by the current established management hierarchy for over 3 decades now, but circumstances change and adaption is required. The laws of evolution and survival apply to every aspect of life.

If the club does not rethink it's transfer policy, (which I fear will be the case) in the next yr or 2, we will we fall so far behind that even a change in thinking at a later point is going to be too little, too late.

If I, as an ordinary supporter and fierce believer in the way the club handled transfers for the last 10 yrs can clearly see this and that a change is required now and I know a lot of us on this forum do as well,then it clearly indicates that the people at the top are out of touch and a change is needed.

Super comment. It seems that we are many Bayern supporters that starts to realise that this rigidity to adapt to the current market will bring us to nowhere. Look who much United and City have closed the gap in the last two summer transfer windows while PSG did it in just one window. I'm mad that we still rely on Ribery and Robben while others are improving they squad. Other Bayern supporters still think that we are in 2014-2015 and the Manchester clubs are behind us. They are not. They hyperinflated the market, they payed more than the real value of the players they bought, but in the end they got better players than Costa, Coman, Tolliso, Sule, Rudy etc. City with De Bruyne, Jesus, Sterling, Sane are much, but much better than Muller, Ribery and Robben. We are declineing but we are stuck with this rigidity of the board. You have to buy you guns for the fight if your enemies are buyning guns, you cant buy just knives and use old guns just for arrogance that you will never buy 100 millions players.
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Achilles » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:36 pm

Mircea_1984 wrote:Look who much United and City have closed the gap in the last two summer transfer windows while PSG did it in just one window.

Explain please, neither of them have won silverware yet, neither of them have been constantly a top four CL contenders.
Both of them have been a joke in KO rounds recently. Closed the gap, since when? Because they're playing good at September? Just to remind you the hype of Pep's City last year in the perfect start leading the table and they managed to finish third.

So what gap we're talking about, in what standards??? The season just started... Saying that closing the gap needs stability they haven't even surpass the first obstacle = going to CL semifinals.

So please explain, make my day hilarious.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:56 pm

Achilles wrote:
Mircea_1984 wrote:Look who much United and City have closed the gap in the last two summer transfer windows while PSG did it in just one window.

Explain please, neither of them have won silverware yet, neither of them have been constantly a top four CL contenders.
Both of them have been a joke in KO rounds recently. Closed the gap, since when? Because they're playing good at September? Just to remind you the hype of Pep's City last year in the perfect start leading the table and they managed to finish third.

So what gap we're talking about, in what standards??? The season just started... Saying that closing the gap needs stability they haven't even surpass the first obstacle = going to CL semifinals.

The trend is obvious. They are constantly improve their squad with world class players, while Bayern is buying only Tollisos, Costas, Comans, Rudys. Bayern had a big gap infront of these teams, but the distance in the value of the squad is srinking at an alarming rate. If they spend 250-400 millions on transfers, how much time will they need to be ahead of Bayern? Already this year they will go longer in the CL. If Arsenal is not in CL this year, they will be eliminated by every group winner except Besiktas. Compare City's midlfield and attack options with Ribery, Robben and Muller. By age, and talent.
Guardiola is not stupid. He knew that Bayern will fall back behind clubs that are buying expensive players.
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bmguy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:13 pm

chill out, man. stop complaining about spending transfer. Bayern and Bundesliga transfer policy won't be changed because of whatever the trend. And i'm not jealous of these stupid trend at all.

At the end of the day, it's all business, these big spending teams won't get any profit there and remember Champion League has only 1 winner, these overhyped investors will get backfired after 1 or 2 seasons and the price trend will go down reasonably then. They will pay the price for that.

I believe the quality of players today is not much difference like before. Just need a good coach, good blend of players and a right tactics, then any team can beat any PSG or Real Madrid
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:23 pm

bmguy wrote:chill out, man. stop complaining about spending transfer. Bayern and Bundesliga transfer policy won't be changed because of whatever the trend. And i'm not jealous of these stupid trend at all.

At the end of the day, it's all business, these big spending teams won't get any profit there and remember Champion League has only 1 winner, these overhyped investors will get backfired after 1 or 2 seasons and the price trend will go down reasonably then. They will pay the price for that.

I believe the quality of players today is not much difference like before. Just need a good coach, good blend of players and a right tactics, then any team can beat any PSG or Real Madrid

But Bundesliga have to adapt if it want to remain in the top 3 elite. It would back fire for an investor as Hopp, Materschitz, Peter Lim (Valencia), and even for Abramovich, but not for those huge statal oil entities, who have revenues in hundreds of billions of dollars. They care but they dont make a tragedy if they loss 100-200 millions a year, they will keep investing. There will be just financial lossed of their empire, not about their footbal club. They don't need to be super efficient. They can afford to lose money for dominating the stage and get the best players availeble.
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Ed. » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:26 pm

Achilles wrote:

Yeah, City derailed last year, but you've seen what Pep did right? Almost fixed all the squad problems he had in 1 transfer window.
You can sneer and mock them all you want, but Mircea is spot on, look at the kind of incisive football we were playing 2 seasons ago and where these Manchester clubs were and look at the trend now after 2 seasons.

Atleast 1 of them will make it further in the CL than Bayern this season.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby endrity » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:01 pm

The thing that annoys me with City especially, is that Sane and De Bruyne could have easily been our players. Gundogan as well.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:12 pm

I'd say that I've been preaching this stuff for ages - but tflags' just gonna call me out on it so I won't...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:21 pm

You picked the wrong thread to criticize such policies... the only way we could've signed Mbappe was spotting him before Monaco and even then is a doubt and too much to ask. You want to break the bank for an overhyped player? Fine, but that has consequences too, we're rich but not that rich to afford paying everyone 15M+ or gamble with 100M transfer fees.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:45 pm

JANCKER wrote:You picked the wrong thread to criticize such policies... the only way we could've signed Mbappe was spotting him before Monaco and even then is a doubt and too much to ask. You want to break the bank for an overhyped player? Fine, but that has consequences too, we're rich but not that rich to afford paying everyone 15M+ or gamble with 100M transfer fees.

We don't need to... But name the last player ->WE<- discovered... Not bought for cheap, but DISCOVERED!
You might make a case for Kimmich... But before him, I think it must be Bixente/Willy...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Mircea_1984 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:21 pm

endrity wrote:The thing that annoys me with City especially, is that Sane and De Bruyne could have easily been our players. Gundogan as well.

Than here comes Uli and says: What to do with De Bruyne if we have Muller and what to do with Sane if we have Ribery on the left and Robben on the right????
I dont understant why Neuer and Lewandowski cannot have an alternative? They dont have to play all the matches if they are not in top form (it is not Neur case, but slowly is starting to be Lewa's case, is already Muller's case, already Robbery case, already Alaba's case. We should not live so much from the past and judge the players just because of their past achievements. We could very well gave Ribery a red jacket for the final festivitations and send him in the stands with Elber, Toni and Ballack, while on the pitch having a younger and reliable player.

P.S I'm really pissed of by Ribery's and Robben's public behavior with Ancelloti, even if would have been the worst trainer in the world. Mullers was a lot more elegant and reserved even if he too had a little public burst, while Hummels, Boateng and Coman kept their mouth shot with the press. What these guys think they are?? Messi??? Ronaldo??? Neymar??? Dybala??? Problably the never were, even in their golden days.
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Mani » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Dybala? :lol:
Mani
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Min » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:36 pm

Brilliant summary by ED. Thank you very much.
Min
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News