You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Julian Weigl

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Julian Weigl

Postby bbenno » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Well, some of us care.

FCB and the Bundesliga as well has a reputation to protect. So unless we're talking "WC-can't miss" stars a la Lewandowski (some might argue Götze as well) (Hummels is sort of special case) I say back off Dortmund.
But, if players are looking to leave Dortmund, because Watzke and Zorc won't increase a certain player's wage demands or whatever, then we shouldn't hesitate in trying to secure top class players, just because someone screams Buyernliga. After all, we pay good money if necessary. Im just not in favour of "poaching" them from them.
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby bbenno » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:10 pm

Well, some of us care.

FCB and the Bundesliga as well has a reputation to protect. So unless we're talking "WC-can't miss" stars a la Lewandowski (some might argue Götze as well) (Hummels is sort of special case) I say back off Dortmund.
But, if players are looking to leave Dortmund, because Watzke and Zorc won't increase a certain player's wage demands or whatever, then we shouldn't hesitate in trying to secure top class players, just because someone screams Buyernliga. After all, we pay good money if necessary. Im just not in favour of "poaching" them from them.
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby avirano » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:39 pm

bbenno wrote:But, if players are looking to leave Dortmund, because Watzke and Zorc won't increase a certain player's wage demands or whatever, then we shouldn't hesitate in trying to secure top class players

We shouldn't hestitate in trying to secure a top class player even if Dortmund did increase the player's wage and do whatever it can to keep him.
if our borad think that a certain player is good enough to play for Bayern they should get him no matter where he come from and how many players we bought from that club.
avirano
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bbenno » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:02 pm

If a similar player can be secured from somewhere else, then I disagree with you. Bayern will not continue to be a strong club, if it doesn't get serious competition in the Bundesliga. That becomes difficult, if every time a strong title contender's top player is snapped up by us, even though we didn't really need him. When talking about players such as Lewandowski, I agree. Lewi was on his way out from BVB at that time no matter what. Better that we got him. But the Bundesliga will suffer in the long run, if we are to remain the only powerhouse in Germany and thus WE will suffer from that.
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:36 pm

bbenno wrote:Well, some of us care.

Well it's not just Bayern's duty to secure the Bundesliga's reputation. Heck, we're the only ones giving the league a reputation internationally. As MUTU has so often reminded us recently, German clubs are selling players to England left right and centre.

At the end of the day, we want a strong Dortmund because it makes Bayern stronger, and I agree with that. But signing world class players makes us stronger too, wherever they come from. ;)

Honestly if this keeps repeating itself, Dortmund really need to take a close look at themselves and determine what's wrong, because it's not normal to have all your stars want to join your biggest rivals at all costs. It's not enough to just say "Echte liebe"...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bbenno » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:15 pm

Well it's not just Bayern's duty to secure the Bundesliga's reputation. Heck, we're the only ones giving the league a reputation internationally. As MUTU has so often reminded us recently, German clubs are selling players to England left right and centre.

At the end of the day, we want a strong Dortmund because it makes Bayern stronger, and I agree with that. But signing world class players makes us stronger too, wherever they come from. ;)

Honestly if this keeps repeating itself, Dortmund really need to take a close look at themselves and determine what's wrong, because it's not normal to have all your stars want to join your biggest rivals at all costs. It's not enough to just say "Echte liebe"...

I don't think we disagree that much ;-) My point is just that, over the years, Bayern has sometimes signed players from their rivals just because they could and not because those players neccessarily were really needed. And being the only powerhouse in Germany, they maybe paid less money for players, than foreign clubs would have paid, thus favoring Bayern but in the end making less profit for the other clubs in Germany (don't think Bayern would have paid Gladbach €45m for a player like Xhaka). And I just think we should stick to picking up players which we cannot obtain elsewhere e.g. Lewandowski. Götze was something of a case of this (Guardiola not really in favor, "German Messi" tag). But then again: Götze says he was a Bayern fan as a boy.

I'll tell you whats wrong with Dortmund. People don't go to England to get a 40-50% pay rise. They do to get a 150-200% pay rise. I hink it's their salary budget that's wrong.
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:31 pm

bbenno wrote:I don't think we disagree that much

I agree :mrgreen:

bbenno wrote:My point is just that, over the years, Bayern has sometimes signed players from their rivals just because they could and not because those players neccessarily were really needed.

I think this was the case especially in the 2000s, but I don't think it is so anymore. We have very few players signed directly from a Bundesliga team. Of those, Neuer was definitely needed, and I believe so was Lewandowski (who was a free agent, although we wanted him before). Hummels is more tricky. We have great players in his position but with all the injuries it's evident we wanted someone else, although there were other options. I'd say Gotze is the only one who was "extra", but we all know we only got him because the board were afraid to sign Neymar.

bbenno wrote:And being the only powerhouse in Germany, they maybe paid less money for players, than foreign clubs would have paid, thus favoring Bayern but in the end making less profit for the other clubs in Germany (don't think Bayern would have paid Gladbach €45m for a player like Xhaka).

This has also worked against at times. De Bruyne is a recent example, but also for example Leverkusen asking as 40 million or so for Bender.

bbenno wrote:I'll tell you whats wrong with Dortmund. People don't go to England to get a 40-50% pay rise. They do to get a 150-200% pay rise. I hink it's their salary budget that's wrong.

True, but also I think to some extent their underdog label they're so proud of displaying has backfired. You can't keep portraying yourself as inferior to your biggest rivals. Dortmund had a great team in 2013 and after all the departures, had a great one again in 2016. They somehow need to convince their players that it's worth staying in the long run because they have a big project which relies on them. Obviously money does play a big part in that.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:52 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:the board were afraid to sign Neymar.

He wouldn't have ever been a long term solution... he'd have migrated to Spain sooner than later, I don't feel bad that we missed on that one at all, especially after hearing what an "anonymous" Costa had to say today. I don't want to become like BVB getting players that are not meant to stay here...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:57 pm

I'm certain we'd have had 1-2 more CLs by now if we had bought him, so I do regret it even though it would have been painful if he eventually left us. But that is not what this topic is about. :P
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:19 pm

If If If... Jupp stayed we'd have won 4 CLs in a row. :P
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby bbenno » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:17 pm

I agree with everything you say FCBayernMunchen. Oh yeah, I forgot about Neuer, who again is one that of course FCB is not going to miss out on him.

But to get back on topic: based on all my previous points, I think it would be way overkill to be looking at Weigl at this point.
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:51 pm

He shouldn't consider a move himself just yet, way too much competition right now.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:19 am

JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby kod2600 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:39 am

We don't have a place for him now. Let Dortmund feed him more and make him more ready for a better team that we are. :coffee:
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:49 pm

IMO it's Weigl OR Kimmich, both together is too defensive.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News