You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Julian Draxler

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Julian Draxler

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:43 pm

Schalke 04's teenage sensation Julian Draxler, who is one of the most promising German youngsters, was quoted a year and a half ago saying that he agrees with the Toten Hosen and "would never go to Bayern Munich".

Fast forward to present day and Draxler has now switched his version. He said he never heard the song and wanted to make it clear, trying to make it sound like he never said so. But he also brought an example: "if you had asked Manuel Neuer a few years ago he would also have said never. And it is also meant in that way. But it shows that one must be careful with such statements, because in football anything can happen."

As if wanting to contradict himself for a second time, he went on to rule out playing for Dortmund in future.

Is this a change of heart? Could it be that he is earmarked as an option for the long term replacement of Ribéry? Or are Bayern knocking on the door already?

Source: Sport Bild
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Julian Draxler

Postby Bazi » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Completely blanking out that he is a Schalke04 player I can't imagine him playing at Bayern München quality wise. At least not as more than a gap filler to widen the depth inside our squad.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:59 pm

Bazi wrote:Completely blanking out that he is a Schalke04 player I can't imagine him playing at Bayern München quality wise. At least not as more than a gap filler to widen the depth inside our squad.

You are kidding, right? He was the youngest player called up to Germany's Euro 2012 preliminary squad, and has already been capped.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:13 pm

He could be an option I guess. Ribery still has a few years left so let's keep an eye on him and we'll see where he is in 2-3 years, as well as how our own players develop.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:28 pm

i'm not impressed at all with his performances tbh
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Bazi » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:33 pm

MUTU wrote:
Bazi wrote:Completely blanking out that he is a Schalke04 player I can't imagine him playing at Bayern München quality wise. At least not as more than a gap filler to widen the depth inside our squad.

You are kidding, right? He was the youngest player called up to Germany's Euro 2012 preliminary squad, and has already been capped.

Caps in the National Team, especially youth National Team have little say about the quality of a player in professional football. Experience should have shown us that much.

I'm especially hesitant about Draxler's future because he lacks that extraordinary part in his game that young players like Özil Götze, Kroos, Alaba, etc. have shown very early in their career. In my personal view and experience as a football observer the vast majority of international top players we see in the Uefa Champions League had one, two or three parts of their game that already shined brightly at the age of 17,18,19 years. You certainly develop tactical, physical and psychological talents afterwards but your pure footballing talent doesn't improve drastically after this age.

I've seen plenty of full Schalke04 matches last season and overall Draxler seems to have little extraordinary abilities. For his age he is a great overall player but I just don't see the sparkling talent that could set him apart from two a dozen other international players in his age group. On top of that I wasn't all that impressed by quite a lot of his performances.

So yeah I'm pretty serious when I say that I don't see Draxler at Bayern München. Not to mention as a starter.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:13 pm

It's called "growing up". A kid always thinks that he'll stay at his boyhood club forever. Now that he is actually seeing how he'd limit himself, he is reconsidering.

That said, I agree with Bazi re: his actual abilities.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby smaw2010 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:18 pm

We will need to get a CAM in about two to three years time. It's either Ozil, Goetze or Draxler.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Draxler is LM
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCB general » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:26 pm

I would rather prefer Schürrle over Draxler because it's more important to think about wings(Rib & Rob ages) than central midfield where we have 3-4 excellent midfielders who can play, as well as Müller and Shaqiri, too. Even Götze is better choice or we can think on buying a new Bask like Muniain. :)

I'm not saying that Draxler isn't a winger, but currently he doesn't deserves to think about playing at Bayern. [-X
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby smaw2010 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:43 pm

FCB general wrote: Bask like Muniain. :) [-X

Buying a new Basque...... We need Martinez to persuade him here
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby huknife » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:11 pm

smaw2010 wrote:
FCB general wrote: Bask like Muniain. :) [-X

Buying a new Basque...... We need Martinez to persuade him here

Yay, my scouting report is having a positive result!

I believe Muniain is a player who is also very adept at playing striker. It could be an important gap to fill since, all out strikers are Target men, and a bursty winger/forward like player could be a good addition.

For Draxler, if the people at that do make the decision of trying to acquire him do make such a move, then i feel it would not be at such a stage. He probably has a lot to prove still.
huknife
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby BayernLeb » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:23 pm

I know it's off topic but if we want to buy a Spanish young CAM why not go for Malaga's Isco ? He's better and probably doesn't have a ridiculous buy-out clause.
BayernLeb
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby AssemFCB » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:25 pm

He's like 12, he needs a few years to mature at Schalke before we even think about him.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby MUTU » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:36 pm

BayernLeb wrote:I know it's off topic

Then why did you not post it in its correct place (generic transfer thread)? Please guys, this thread has gone off topic for a while. Stick to Draxler and no one else.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News