You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Julian Draxler

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Julian Draxler

Postby tflags » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:15 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I was being realistic, Pulisic is my ultimate dream

I'm sorry man, I didn't know...

Spoiler: show
... you had dreams. :mrgreen:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:32 pm

to have him at Bayern :mrgreen:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:24 pm

According to Spox, Bayern want Draxler as Ribery's replacement.
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ed. » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:42 pm

Draxler as a 21yr old would have been a worthwhile bet. Fast, strong, skilled and who knows how much better he would get.
4 yrs later, and we know the answer, not much at all.

Draxler is good, actually very good but to follow in the steps of Ribery and Robben and when you think back how those 2 were tearing up defences in their mid 20's, this would be such an underwhelming transfer.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:33 pm

Ed. wrote:Draxler as a 21yr old would have been a worthwhile bet. Fast, strong, skilled and who knows how much better he would get.

Draxler is good, actually very good but to follow in the steps of Ribery and Robben and when you think back how those 2 were tearing up defences in their mid 20's, this would be such an underwhelming transfer.

It makes sense what you say but your math is wrong. According to your numbers he is 25 but he was 23 until almost a month ago (September 20th)
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby 1911 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:26 am

I don’t understand why we didn’t go after Mane or Salah. I saw them both tear it up before going to Liverpool, and both would likely be ok with an alternateling role at Bayern. Are our scouts that bad?

On a side note, if we go far in the CL, I’d love to see Bayern splash the cash on Reus for a loan until the end of the season. He’d be one of the best options if fit as he’s not cup tied. Unrealistic, I know, but then again so was the prospect of Heynckes returning . . .
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Pelin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:44 am

1911 wrote:I don’t understand why we didn’t go after Mane or Salah. I saw them both tear it up before going to Liverpool, and both would likely be ok with an alternateling role at Bayern. Are our scouts that bad?

On a side note, if we go far in the CL, I’d love to see Bayern splash the cash on Reus for a loan until the end of the season. He’d be one of the best options if fit as he’s not cup tied. Unrealistic, I know, but then again so was the prospect of Heynckes returning . . .

maybe just because they wouldn't find the space at Bayern they found in PL.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby aterford » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:40 am

Ed. wrote:Draxler as a 21yr old would have been a worthwhile bet. Fast, strong, skilled and who knows how much better he would get.

The problem with this is the standard we're setting for ourselves.

How many players alive right now are playing at the level of Robben and Ribery in their prime? In 2013 Ribery was the best player in the world. Similarly Robben in his prime , at his best he had an EASY claim to be a top 5-top 10 player, perhaps even higher.
How many wingers can we say this about right now? Neymar? Sanchez? Bale, if he's healthy and playing well, maybe? Hazard, Ronaldo, Messi?
Now how many of those are we ever, EVER going to sign? None.

If we judge our next winger(s) on a scale of one-to-Robben/Ribery, everyone that we sign will be found lacking. Perhaps we should stop saying "who will be the next Robbery successor" or "who can fill their footsteps" because we're simply going to have to admit that we won't be able to fill such a Robbery-sized hole with any one player who's accessible to us right now.
Is Draxler the answer? I'm not sure. But if we keep waiting to find somebody who is able to fill those shoes immediately.....we're going to be waiting a very, very long time.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby Lahmies » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:37 pm

Wasn’t he offered to us last window?
Lahmies
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:29 pm

He was but we didnt have room for him. I think the time at PSG is helping his progress tremendously
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby Manchu » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:30 am

And it practically seemed like I was the only one who opposed his transfer.

More seriously, there are 4 separate reasons to oppose his transfer.

1. Age. He's now 24. Most players only have minimal improvement after his age. Messi had played in 2 Champions League finals and Thomas Muller in 3 by the time they turned 24. There are some players(Ribery and Klose come to mind) who peak late, but they are generally players who didn't have access to good youth training and coaching when they were younger. Draxler came out of Schalke's excellent academy and has played in a top 5 league since he was 18. It is quite unlikely that he will improve significantly.

2. Consistency. Simply speaking, he has never been a very consistent player, and, although he occasionally puts in world class performances, he often accomplishes very little. For example, he did very little at the Confederations Cup while Werner, Stindl, and Goretzka were impressing. Moreover, I've run the numbers in the past and I have found that he takes the most time to accumulate a scorer point out of all of Germany's attackers. He has only "improved" this slightly after moving to a dominant team in a much weaker league.

3. Tactical Intelligence. He is tremendously skilled but, he has never demonstrated a tremendous degree of tactical intelligence or the attributes that come with it, like vision, goalpoaching, and good pressing. This is probably related to his lack of consistency because less tactically intelligent players are less adaptable within games.

4. Attitude. He has shown some attitude problems in the past, like sitting on the ground because he is angry at the referee not calling a foul for something that wasn't a foul while his teammates are trying to score without him.

However, as I do feel Salihamidzic's comments have been taken out of context as he more or less said that Draxler fits the profile of the type of player they're looking for. I guess the essential qualities are young, talented, a winger, and German. These are the 5 most valuable players on transfermarkt 24 or under that meet those qualities:
1. Sane-Man City
2. Draxler-PSG
3. Brandt-Leverkusen
4.Maximilian Philipp-Dortmund
5. Gnabry- Hoffenheim/Bayern

Sane and Phillipp are likely not possible and Gnabry is evidently not being seen as a Ribery replacement, so that just leaves Draxler and Brandt.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:25 am

Manchu wrote:

And it practically seemed like I was the only one who opposed his transfer.

More seriously, there are 4 separate reasons to oppose his transfer.

1. Age. He's now 24. Most players only have minimal improvement after his age. Messi had played in 2 Champions League finals and Thomas Muller in 3 by the time they turned 24. There are some players(Ribery and Klose come to mind) who peak late, but they are generally players who didn't have access to good youth training and coaching when they were younger. Draxler came out of Schalke's excellent academy and has played in a top 5 league since he was 18. It is quite unlikely that he will improve significantly.

2. Consistency. Simply speaking, he has never been a very consistent player, and, although he occasionally puts in world class performances, he often accomplishes very little. For example, he did very little at the Confederations Cup while Werner, Stindl, and Goretzka were impressing. Moreover, I've run the numbers in the past and I have found that he takes the most time to accumulate a scorer point out of all of Germany's attackers. He has only "improved" this slightly after moving to a dominant team in a much weaker league.

3. Tactical Intelligence. He is tremendously skilled but, he has never demonstrated a tremendous degree of tactical intelligence or the attributes that come with it, like vision, goalpoaching, and good pressing. This is probably related to his lack of consistency because less tactically intelligent players are less adaptable within games.

4. Attitude. He has shown some attitude problems in the past, like sitting on the ground because he is angry at the referee not calling a foul for something that wasn't a foul while his teammates are trying to score without him.

However, as I do feel Salihamidzic's comments have been taken out of context as he more or less said that Draxler fits the profile of the type of player they're looking for. I guess the essential qualities are young, talented, a winger, and German. These are the 5 most valuable players on transfermarkt 24 or under that meet those qualities:
1. Sane-Man City
2. Draxler-PSG
3. Brandt-Leverkusen
4.Maximilian Philipp-Dortmund
5. Gnabry- Hoffenheim/Bayern

Sane and Phillipp are likely not possible and Gnabry is evidently not being seen as a Ribery replacement, so that just leaves Draxler and Brandt.
I'd take Brandt, but still feel sad we didn't get Sané.

PD: dude, you've been here long enough, time to put up an avatar.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ed. » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:42 am

aterford wrote:The problem with this is the standard we're setting for ourselves.

How many players alive right now are playing at the level of Robben and Ribery in their prime? In 2013 Ribery was the best player in the world. Similarly Robben in his prime , at his best he had an EASY claim to be a top 5-top 10 player, perhaps even higher.
How many wingers can we say this about right now? Neymar? Sanchez? Bale, if he's healthy and playing well, maybe? Hazard, Ronaldo, Messi?
Now how many of those are we ever, EVER going to sign? None.

Well, I'm sorry aterford but that is the kind of self-wallowing resignation that plagues our board and has to be changed. There's no need to go for the Neymar's and Mbappes but what the board (and a lot of fans) fail to understand is the prices for the next level (which is still very high) and has the Sanes, Sanchezs, De Bruynes, Pulisic s( [-o< ) has gone up as well, simply because of more demand in the market.

Instead of trying to get Draxler for a steal, I'd rather the club broke it's records to sign say Pulisic. Filling the bench with mediocrity because it's at the right prices isn't going to serve the club well into the next 5-10 yrs.

These are the days when you have to spend more money to make more money. The club is a sporting business and not meant to serve a model of archaic financial management for the rest of the world.

I pretty sure though nothing is going to change and status quo will be maintained till things get desperate and they did in the mid 2000s when the club brought in Ribery, Klose & Toni.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby aterford » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:03 am

I understand that and you should note that I'm probably one of the biggest "spend more" advocates on this forum. But I'm a realist as well. We are not going to pay the €75, 80m+ it would cost to unseat Sane. It simply will not happen. We aren't gonna spend €100m on De Bruyne. Sanchez has made up his mind on City...etc etc. Pulisic I'd be fine with though in the past he's indicated he doesn't wanna come to Bayern. But I'm hopeful this season with Dortmund might change his mind....
In whatever case...you have to play the hand you're dealt. And right now that hand simply doesn't include many world class wingers in a price range we'll ever consider. I would love to see this team spend more money but if we spend more than €60m on a winger this summer I will be flat out astounded.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby IsiahRashad » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:25 pm

Bayern Munich have earmarked Paris Saint-Germain star Julian Draxler as their ideal replacement for Franck Ribery in the summer, reports France Football. [source]
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News