You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Julian Draxler

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Julian Draxler

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:22 pm

gumboduncan wrote:I completely understand Uli's logic. We have to put our faith in Coman when Ribery goes down with injuries. Maybe Draxler will be available next summer when Ribery will most likely retire. I'm glad that Uli and Kalle see his qualities. It will however be bad for Jogi Löw and the national team that Draxler will be a bench player this season is Mbappé arrives.

I don't. We have 3 players in the squad who's main position is that of a winger. Ancelotti said he doesn't see Mueller on the wing, so the fourth option is James Rodriguez playing in a less-than-ideal position. How is that too many options, especially considering that two of these are very old?

Also, even if we did have options, how about taking the Gnabry route of buying him and loaning him out?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:02 pm

I think our board and coach aren't willing to put Ribery on the bench when he's healthy. Same with Robben. So they must think that if they add Draxler he will most likely put Ribery on the bench. Then we have an unhappy Ribery and that's never a good thing. That might be a locker room cancer that could spread to the media. Ribery is still in his mind a worldclass player that should play every match when fit. At least Carlo can play Müller more without Draxler even though they aren't similar players.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby endrity » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:06 pm

^But he's not, even when he's healthy which will not be very often for a soon to be 35 year old. He's a good option to have, but he can't run and press for 90 minutes like he needs to for this team to win. If he can't accept this, than it's time to move on.

Robben is not that far behind btw. He can play 20 great games a season, but no more. However he seems to deal with it a bit better.

If we allow a repeat of the Alonso situation, it will only harm the team further in the long run.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:06 pm

gumboduncan wrote:WOW I remember those games a bit different. The game at the Allianz Arena was going according to plan until Vidal missed the penalty and we went into halftime with our head hanging low. Then we started the second half asleep and Ronaldo scored. Then Javi was sent of and then the game changed and we were lucky (thanks to Neuer) to loose the game only 1-2. The second game in Madrid was also going to plan until Vidal was sent off. We had the momentum going into the extra time. I can't really see how Real outplayed us. 11 against 11 Bayern had a great chance of eliminate Real. I can't see it any other way.

Ribery creates loads of chances with his runs and overlap play with Alaba. The problem with Ribery is his age. That's why I think Draxler could be a great replacement. James should also create many chances when he comes back. On defense basically have the starting lineup for the German national team and last time I checked they are they are second best national team in the world. Then we have Alaba which is considered to be among the top 3 LB in the game. I can't see why we need new players in defense. We need to get Boateng back to his best (which I think he will this season) and I'm 100% sure our defense will not be a problem this season.

Then start looking

The reason why we reached that overtime was mere luck... Nothing else... The "plan" you refer to... Our plan is luck? Great...
We had no real prime opportunity we didn't convert in those two games except Thiago after 5 or 6 mins in the second leg... (Maybe Vidals header in Munich...) - and as you said it could've easily been 1-5 in Munich already... Plan?
Tell you what: real top teams don't take their head down for a missed opportunity - especially when they still have the lead! (Plus for the umpteenth time...)
Yes, we got somehow close to eliminating them... But it was REALLY undeserved... We had no real punch, we were playing dumb and boring - only thing we had was fighting spirit...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby endrity » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:13 pm

Well, right now your coach is saying that Muller is not good enough to substitute a 34 and a 35 year old.

If he's wrong about that, than you should bring a coach who thinks Muller can play a wing role, Robben and Ribery alternate for the other spot giving each other a breather, and James/Thiago play the #10, with Thiago dropping to the #8 when both are on the pitch.

However, since you maintaining the trust in this coach, and he has made it clear that he sees Muller as a reserve for both the wing and the #10 spot, than this is a weird way of looking at the team right now. You are not getting a possible starter, whether Draxler or anyone, because this hurts a player that is now on the bench and can't overtake two veterans?
endrity
I post all the time

Postby FCB12Forever » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:15 pm

gumboduncan wrote:I think our board and coach aren't willing to put Ribery on the bench when he's healthy. Same with Robben. So they must think that if they add Draxler he will most likely put Ribery on the bench. Then we have an unhappy Ribery and that's never a good thing. That might be a locker room cancer that could spread to the media. Ribery is still in his mind a worldclass player that should play every match when fit. At least Carlo can play Müller more without Draxler even though they aren't similar players.

IMO they must get over with it. RibRob are 34 and 33. Even if they are healthy they cannot keep up the pace with that time when they were 28 and 27. They are more likely to slow the whole team down and halt our attacks. If RibRob are unhappy, they need to go. It pains me to say that.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:22 am

If Carlo knew that we were playing 4-2-3-1 this season, then I think we should've gotten Draxler instead of Tolisso.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Isabella » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:20 pm

I still think who the priority of board and coach is keeping the locker room relatively quiet and happy and they are willing to pay the price for it (because the alternative will be the hell). PSG need to sell at least one between Draxler and Di Maria but they can wait until January or June and really PSG had a very good reason for not selling anyone to us right now. If Robbery, as is likely, will retire next year maybe Draxler will arrive next summer (if PSG is not asking too much for him) considering who right now the shopping for the next summer looks like Goretzka for free and Brandt for less than 20 millions. If the shopping go like that next year we will have Coman, Gnabry, Brandt and Draxler for the wings (plus James and Muller)
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Italy

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:19 pm

So not a single winger that really excels... It used to be two
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:30 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:If Carlo knew that we were playing 4-2-3-1 this season, then I think we should've gotten Draxler instead of Tolisso.

Hence he tries to force 4-3-3. The team must eventually get used to it.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby envagyokazapad » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:02 pm

gumboduncan wrote:I think our board and coach aren't willing to put Ribery on the bench when he's healthy. Same with Robben. So they must think that if they add Draxler he will most likely put Ribery on the bench. Then we have an unhappy Ribery and that's never a good thing. That might be a locker room cancer that could spread to the media. Ribery is still in his mind a worldclass player that should play every match when fit. At least Carlo can play Müller more without Draxler even though they aren't similar players.

Oh god, I hope we are not AC Milan 2.0 in the making.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mircea_1984 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:03 pm

We are the only top tean with a squad of only 20 senior players. I think that it is not enough for a long campaign on three fronts. And we cant count on Ribery and Robben to stay injury free. And Im expecting Batra, Burki or other BVB player who take out Lewa in March April, what will do then? We will all lament here on the forum about the squad size. We desperately need another young winger this year.
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:24 pm

Mircea_1984 wrote:We are the only top tean with a squad of only 20 senior players. I think that it is not enough for a long campaign on three fronts. And we cant count on Ribery and Robben to stay injury free. And Im expecting Batra, Burki or other BVB player who take out Lewa in March April, what will do then? We will all lament here on the forum about the squad size. We desperately need another young winger this year.

Technically we have 25, if you want to count Früchtl, Götze, Friedl, Dorsch and Benko. I believe only Benko actually played for the senior team and it was a DFB Pokal match against Carl Zeiss Jena, not exactly the mightiest of opponents.

That said, Real Madrid have 21 outfield players in their senior squad (including players like Achraf Hakimi) while we have 22; 18 if you don't want to include Götze, Friedl, Dorsch and Benko who never play anyway.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Mircea_1984 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:34 pm

MUTU wrote:
Mircea_1984 wrote:We are the only top tean with a squad of only 20 senior players. I think that it is not enough for a long campaign on three fronts. And we cant count on Ribery and Robben to stay injury free. And Im expecting Batra, Burki or other BVB player who take out Lewa in March April, what will do then? We will all lament here on the forum about the squad size. We desperately need another young winger this year.

Technically we have 25, if you want to count Früchtl, Götze, Friedl, Dorsch and Benko. I believe only Benko actually played for the senior team and it was a DFB Pokal match against Carl Zeiss Jena, not exactly the mightiest of opponents.

That said, Real Madrid have 21 outfield players in their senior squad (including players like Achraf Hakimi) while we have 22; 18 if you don't want to include Götze, Friedl, Dorsch and Benko who never play anyway.

The problem is that Real does not have so many prone injury players with their key players. Boa, Marinez, Robbery, Thiago, all of them have bog problem injuries. Ronaldo, Kroos, Modric, Ramos, Marcelo, Carvajaj does not have these problems. We would be OK with our squad if we would stop beeing so emotional and quitely sell these players.
Mircea_1984
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby 1911 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:36 am

Bayern go into the transfer window needing a LW and a back up CF and end up making signings at defense, midfield, and 10, but exiting the window still needing a LW and back up CF . . .
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News