You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Julian Draxler

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Julian Draxler

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:25 pm

gumboduncan wrote:I don't know what you expect #12. I guess you expect winning the Champions League every other year. That's unrealistic. Real was the first team to win the Champions League back to back. It shows you how tough winning it is. And by the way we were really unlucky not to eliminate then last season.

Three Champions League finals in the last 7 seasons don't count for much I guess. Semi-Finals appearances almost every year we didn't make the finals don't count for much either. Winning 5 Bundesliga titles in a row. Your expectations #12 are unrealistic IMO.

Regarding Draxler. That's your opinion. Fine, but I think as well as most football fans and experts that Draxler is a top winger. Bayern need a left winger since Coman usually plays on the right. James is not a left winger if you thought so.

Blahblahblah...

I expect Bayern Munich - who constantly praise themselves for their great finances - to be a top 3 team... To be ABLE to win it... I haven't seen that in years...
And RM are in the semifinals EVERY **** YEAR... That's where we need to be...
Making use of it is winning it more often on a high to attract fans, money, players...
Cause quite frankly, we are not even number 3 in the pecking order - there's a whole bunch of clubs attracting top talent - not once have I heard one of those say they want to play for Bayern Munich... RM, Barca, ManUre, Pep... At least those all have more draw...

No James is not even a winger... What about the beloved Gnabry?
And I heard we actually ARE allowed to get a non German from time to time...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:47 pm

Well we have been in the semifinals every year except last to be fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Pelin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:47 pm

First off, our MGT paved the way for Real by bringing the joke coach. And they used it perfectly, unlike us. since if we signed a CL coach instead of the joke at first place, we would talk about different things now. in addition, The joke wasted 2 mercato, which didn't add more quality to Bayern squad. Second off, Real was not even CL semi final team for a long period, They created it with Mourinho. Real coaches always add something to their team. when l see at Real,l see the accumulation of Ancelotti and Mourinho.

Regarding Draxler, when l said that James would play RW, most of you were dreaming of Albero di Natale. Actually Uli makes sense. if we signed Draxler, Draxler and Ribery would be for LW, Robben and Coman for RW. And James would replace Müller as back up trequartista. so we had to offload Müller in this case, which is impossible. However, Uli must ask himself that why we renewed with Ribery so quick last season. we should have waited until April, May.Now we are paying for that mistake. l think Draxler matured well with PSG, yet l still think that neither of Germany's wingers are close to world class level. From Sane Brandt, Gnabry, Noone of them are close to world class level. Gnabry has the most potential among them if you ask me. though Draxler is better than them now. Nevertheless, this Draxler is enough to increase quality for us? l doubt. He was impressive at Confederation cup. but we must face the reality that best team Germany played was Chile. He did amazing in Ligue 1. maybe we had better to question the level of the league. this is why Draxler didn't convince me fully.

The likes of Gnabry are not a problem. in fact, we need that kind of players to create resale value. if he doesn't perform well, he will be sold and will make a profit in worst case.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:57 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Well we have been in the semifinals every year except last to be fair

Yes, that's why I spoke of the future...

And since he obviously is one of those that are deceiving themselves (cause RM more than deserved to go through), opening his eyes might be a good idea...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Pelin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:25 pm

Our defence was always a big problem for us in CL. Let's face it first. we were giving away chances like low table BL teams in CL. The joke's game plan was so benefical for BL, while it was a big debole point for us in CL. instead of him, Ancelotti came. He didn't fix the debole points and played with 4 over 32 players in CL. A team can tolerate 1-2 over 32 players, yet 4 was way too much.

Defence is really important in CL. Same goes for team defence.Both A.Madrid and Juve made 2 finals thanks to their defence.This is why we only made 3 semi finals. we must face the reality Juve was the strongest team we eliminated during this period. Thanks to Allegri's mistakes in first 45 mins in first game. We got 2-0 thanks to this mistakes. And we made ET time even though having this advantage.

This is why l'm saying that MGT must interfere Ancelotti for reducing Robbery's playing time and we must be patient with him.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:13 pm

My eyes are wide open. That's why I see your dream posts. Everyone knows we had a great chance to eliminate Real and it could've gone both ways. We are different kind of fans #12. Fortunately all fans aren't the same.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby #12 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:24 pm

gumboduncan wrote:My eyes are wide open. That's why I see your dream posts. Everyone knows we had a great chance to eliminate Real and it could've gone both ways. We are different kind of fans #12. Fortunately all fans aren't the same.

Yeah some have a basic understanding of what "bring the better team" means

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ed. » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:44 pm

gumboduncan wrote:My eyes are wide open. That's why I see your dream posts. Everyone knows we had a great chance to eliminate Real and it could've gone both ways. We are different kind of fans #12. Fortunately all fans aren't the same.

Only the most blinkered fans believe that.

If you look back at both games, every time Real attacked, they looked like they would create something, where as we really struggled to break them down and create clear cut chances over 180 mins (I'm ignoring extra time where we basically had to go for broke). We scored 1 scrappy, fortuitous goal from open play.

With the way we are currently setup tactically, we are not winning the CL without another option in addition to Lewa or Robben that can make a difference in attack on their own.

I agree that perhaps tightening the defence maybe a better option if we are not willing to spend but that does not appear to be the game plan.
Last edited by Ed. on Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:08 pm

WOW I remember those games a bit different. The game at the Allianz Arena was going according to plan until Vidal missed the penalty and we went into halftime with our head hanging low. Then we started the second half asleep and Ronaldo scored. Then Javi was sent of and then the game changed and we were lucky (thanks to Neuer) to loose the game only 1-2. The second game in Madrid was also going to plan until Vidal was sent off. We had the momentum going into the extra time. I can't really see how Real outplayed us. 11 against 11 Bayern had a great chance of eliminate Real. I can't see it any other way.

Ribery creates loads of chances with his runs and overlap play with Alaba. The problem with Ribery is his age. That's why I think Draxler could be a great replacement. James should also create many chances when he comes back. On defense basically have the starting lineup for the German national team and last time I checked they are they are second best national team in the world. Then we have Alaba which is considered to be among the top 3 LB in the game. I can't see why we need new players in defense. We need to get Boateng back to his best (which I think he will this season) and I'm 100% sure our defense will not be a problem this season.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby endrity » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:07 pm

I also think we were much closer to beating Real than any of the other previous 3 semifinal exits.

However, this guarantees nothing. Teams develop and players age. I think Real has an even better group of players this year. The improvements from Isco, Asensio and possibly Ceballos gives them a balance and harmony that they usually lacked in the past. PSG are coming, and I expect an English team will sooner or later start to become competitive again in Europe. Juve is not resting on their laurels either. As far as Bayern, I was already sure last season that we were asking too much from Robbery. To go into 2017-18 with not one, but both of them as starters is absolutely mind boggling to me. I rate Draxler's talent, and especially his fighting spirit for the big games, and I think he can do a job at Bayern, especially for the prices listed. But if not, that's fine again. However we need new, better, wingers and we need to spend to get them. If Draxler is not the one, and Muller can't do the role, than the board should identify one and go get them. I like James, but I don't think he can replace what Robbery do for us.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RVABayern » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:27 pm

Glad some people understand how dangerous we're playing. We're a injury prone team and our main attackers are old injury prone players. Might as well book our CL exit now.
RVABayern
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:01 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby gumboduncan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:15 pm

I completely understand Uli's logic. We have to put our faith in Coman when Ribery goes down with injuries. Maybe Draxler will be available next summer when Ribery will most likely retire. I'm glad that Uli and Kalle see his qualities. It will however be bad for Jogi Löw and the national team that Draxler will be a bench player this season is Mbappé arrives.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby xevi » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:18 pm

I don't know. That means a no to draxler or an everyplayer?

With a 4231 there's spacer for more players. We have 21 players but considering that we don't plan with renato 20, so there's space in fact for 2 more players.james and muller should compete for a starting place as AM and james for the LW with someone like lemar.
Draxler has very good passing and he's capable of create chances in small spaces but lemar is younger, has very good crossing and it's like he cansee the game in a global way, making a profit for the team. Quick elections and not so selfish. It would be great and as i see the market we should pay 80M for him but market may increase prices during two summers morecmore surely and we can't stay two or three summers without getting great players because of that. We need attacking players three summers ago, now and almost next year and lemar is a very good option and no team has bought him yet. We will see if it's us or liverpool.

Draxler is a player that doesn't move us forward.
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:19 pm

gumboduncan wrote:I completely understand Uli's logic. We have to put our faith in Coman when Ribery goes down with injuries. Maybe Draxler will be available next summer when Ribery will most likely retire. I'm glad that Uli and Kalle see his qualities. It will however be bad for Jogi Löw and the national team that Draxler will be a bench player this season is Mbappé arrives.

Coman should probably be starting most games even with Ribery fit. Our concern is what happens if Ribery, Robben, and James go down, which isn't too unlikely judging by both their past injury history and our own trend for injury crises.

Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News