You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Julian Brandt

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby aterford » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:19 am

Yea but Sane was bought by an EPL team so he's world class and Brandt is crap because he's not flashy or something idk
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:33 am

That's a great analysis. It really gives another perspective about the Brandt transfer.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Coman » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:52 am

Of course Brandt is great, he has creativity more than many wide players. It's with a player like him on the left Alaba can become great again, not with a guy with only speed and dribble like Coman or a guy with speed and cut-inside like Gnabry.

Brandt plays for a team where no player (except maybe Kampl) with his tactical and football IQ under "all about pressing/counter-attack" manager.

Under a great tactician with good team mates he could reach his full potential. Because his potential is big.

More than one year I say this.
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby #12 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:59 am

First of all I know what goal impact is - I just don't value it THAT highly...

More importantly: you're missing my entire point... While I do think Brandt is not overly special, the bigger problem is that I do not think he is a winger, and especially not a right winger... In no way is he a Robben replacement... I've had this discussion many times, with other people, and about everyone says that they think in the long run he will play in the center...
TL;DR: I have no problem with Brandt per se, but I have SEVERE problems with him being our winger...

It's not about being flashy, and it's (what a stupid claim!) not because some PL club paid a lot for him: Sané was in my book long before the philosopher even went to Shitty...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby 1911 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:43 pm

Bayern need someone to hold the ball and to advance the ball. Brandt can certainly advance the ball via passes, but can he via dribbling? As far as holding the ball, I haven't see. Enough to be sure.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:53 pm

Brandt is in the top 5 of most succesful dribblings in the league.
Together with Forsberg, keita and Dembele.
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Alduin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:10 am

Brandt seems to be the type of player that would be greatly improved by playing with better teammates that can make the most of his skillset, which is something Bayern will provide all the type.
Mia San Mia!
Alduin
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Costa Rica

Postby gumboduncan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:35 pm

Next summer it would be great to add two of Germans best and brightest players in Brandt and Goretzka. Those two transfers could be the cornerstone of Bayern's future. So far I'm sold on Brandt, but I'm looking forward to seeing him in a leading role this season with Leverkusen. He could take the next step in his development if he can embrace the leading role. Brandt is also trying to play himself into the German squad for next summers World Cup so this season is very important for him.
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby aterford » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:10 am

Alduin wrote:Brandt seems to be the type of player that would be greatly improved by playing with better teammates that can make the most of his skillset, which is something Bayern will provide all the type.

This too....are we all forgetting how miserable B04 were this past season? It's especially funny when you compare to Sane at City. It's absolutely indisputable that Sane has more talent around him than Brandt does and yet by virtually every standard Brandt is doing more and doing it with less.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby Manchu » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:31 am

#12 wrote:First of all I know what goal impact is - I just don't value it THAT highly...

The reason I trust goalimpact is simple: when you look at a list of the 50 players in the world with the highest goalimpact, you see 40 you expect and 10 surprises, despite the algorithm only knowing about goal difference and minutes played, and not, for example, that Messi scored 50+ goals last season or that Neuer been considered the best keeper in the world for several years now or that Muller scored 10 and assisted 6 over last two world cups. However, I'm not aiming to get into an argument about with you about the merits of goalimpact, so we can just leave it at that.
More importantly: you're missing my entire point... While I do think Brandt is not overly special, the bigger problem is that I do not think he is a winger, and especially not a right winger... In no way is he a Robben replacement... I've had this discussion many times, with other people, and about everyone says that they think in the long run he will play in the center...
TL;DR: I have no problem with Brandt per se, but I have SEVERE problems with him being our winger...

I think you're missing my point. It's not the 1980s anymore. Relatively few teams play with classical 10s anymore, and a lot of players who would have played centrally a couple decades ago now spend most of their time on the wings. Players like Eden Hazard, Messi, and even Frank Ribery would probably have played in the center in the past, but in the present they start as wingers and move inside(with the fullbacks providing the width that wingers used to) because nowadays strict positions matter less than what a player brings onto the field with them. The new norm is players like Brandt, who can plug into whatever attacking position is needed. I

Moreover, no one specifically wants Brandt as a replacement for Robben, although I don't doubt that he could do a decent job on the right wing due to how two footed he is. Instead, we want him as a replacement for Ribery(who is more likely to need replacement in the near future anyways). Who Robben's replacement will be is another question entirely(if Muller or James don't start bossing the right wing before we acquire the right player).

1911 wrote:Bayern need someone to hold the ball and to advance the ball. Brandt can certainly advance the ball via passes, but can he via dribbling? As far as holding the ball, I haven't see. Enough to be sure.

Via dribbling? Yes. I don't really know how good he is at holdup play, but that's generally considered something more for the center forward anyways.
aterford wrote:
Alduin wrote:Brandt seems to be the type of player that would be greatly improved by playing with better teammates that can make the most of his skillset, which is something Bayern will provide all the type.

This too....are we all forgetting how miserable B04 were this past season? It's especially funny when you compare to Sane at City. It's absolutely indisputable that Sane has more talent around him than Brandt does and yet by virtually every standard Brandt is doing more and doing it with less.

If I remember this correctly, Kevin Kampl*, El Chicharito, and Brandt all had extremely high goalimpacts last season, but everyone else on that team was complete shit. Predictably, they didn't do too well. Now there seem to be rumors that both Javier Hernandez and Kampl want to leave, and if they do next season won't be bright for Neverkusen no matter how well Brandt plays.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:41 pm

Liverpool transfer REPORT: Reds to battle Barcelona and Bayern Munich in race for German starlet Julian Brandt [source]
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby Manchu » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:18 am

One of the teams linked with a move for Brandt was Barcelona, who lost Neymar to Paris Saint-Germain in the summer.
But Brandt has insisted he will not let the interest affect him.
“This is an honour in any case, I will not deny that now,” Brandt told Omnisport.
“Of course, this is always a sign that your achievements were not for nothing.
“And like I said, of course it reflects your performance on the pitch, but you have to block out something like that in the end.
“If you always float on a cloud and say: ‘I’m such a cool guy, because this club wants to have me’, this is the wrong way, because then you drop with your achievements.” [source]

Looks like Brandt is pulling a Muller* on Barcelona. Talking about how honored you are to have a such a big club after you seems to rarely correlate to going to that club.

*From when Manchester United were after him.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News