You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Julian Brandt

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:17 pm

With a special dedication to Herr#12

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby IsiahRashad » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:21 pm

ramsej84 wrote:With a special dedication to Herr#12

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby #12 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:32 pm

Wonder if you'll still dedicate when Real have 20 while we're stuck at 5...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:49 pm

26 Jun 2017 09:11:35
The winger is planning to remain with Bayer Leverkusen for at least another season, forcing the Bundesliga champions to be patient or look elsewhereJulian Brandt has ruled out a transfer to Bayern Munich, insisting he will stay at Bayer Leverkusen to help the club recover from a disappointing season.

The winger's father and agent had to deny reports a move to join Bayern had been agreed in April and now the 21-year-old himself has revealed he will be staying put.Brandt, who is with Germany at the Confederations Cup, feels partially responsible for Leverkusen's poor 2016-17, the club slumping to a 12th-place finish and head coach Roger Schmidt being sacked in March.

And the prospect of the World Cup in Russia next year will not force Brandt to jump to a bigger club to boost his hopes of selection."My stomach as well as my mind tell me that the right moment for a transfer is not there yet," he said to Kicker.
"I am still young, but also in my fourth year - I feel responsible for the bad season. I therefore see it as my duty to bring the club back where it belongs and for me that means among the top six."Of course there are players who say a year without European football ahead of the World Cup is a reason to change clubs. "But a transfer to a bigger club is also taking a risk one year ahead of the World Cup. You have to settle in there and possibly you don't get so much game time."Brandt has two years remaining on his Leverkusen contract.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby gumboduncan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:17 pm

Very understandable for Brandt to play one more season with Leverkusen. A World Cup season is just starting and a player like him needs playing time. He's guaranteed a starting place at Leverkusen, not at Bayern (at least not this season).
In Kalle I trust
gumboduncan
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Iceland

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:18 pm

gumboduncan wrote:Very understandable for Brandt to play one more season with Leverkusen. A World Cup season is just starting and a player like him needs playing time. He's guaranteed a starting place at Leverkusen, not at Bayern (at least not this season).

See this is the myth with playing time and one of the big reasons I keep calling out his mentality.

Apparently, playing one more season at Bayer **** Leverkusen would enable him to break through this front four:

Not to mention he still needs to compete with Reus, Götze, Sané, Demirbay, Gnabry and Stindl. If he had chosen to come to Bayern this season and be a relative regular, his chances would've been bigger. To me, he cowarded out.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:58 pm

Seconded...

Not that it would make much difference to our board- they'll still get him to be our next "Granate"
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Isabella » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:12 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
gumboduncan wrote:Very understandable for Brandt to play one more season with Leverkusen. A World Cup season is just starting and a player like him needs playing time. He's guaranteed a starting place at Leverkusen, not at Bayern (at least not this season).

See this is the myth with playing time and one of the big reasons I keep calling out his mentality.

Apparently, playing one more season at Bayer **** Leverkusen would enable him to break through this front four:

Not to mention he still needs to compete with Reus, Götze, Sané, Demirbay, Gnabry and Stindl. If he had chosen to come to Bayern this season and be a relative regular, his chances would've been bigger. To me, he cowarded out.

The boy is just saying what they tell him to say. Voeller have not any intention to sell him to us this year (and in the case he was willing he will ask a very high price) so Brandt and Bayern are forced to wait for the activation of the clause next year
Isabella
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Italy

Postby Pelin » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:30 pm

l doubt if he will ever have that starting place at Bayern if he doesn't improve massively.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby RedQueen » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:35 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:

I think it's more a realistic assessment of his own abilities and state of development. Unlike a certain Sanches, who I recall boasting that he'll "make Bayern better" when he arrived. We've seen how that ended. Brandt and his family have always remained grounded, even in the 2015/16 season when he was rated much higher than he is now. People seem to have forgotten that, and also that it's primarily the much lauded Reschke - and not Uli or Kalle - who wants or wanted to bring him to Bayern.

E: And I find it a testament to his character that he feels responsible for Leverkusen's poor season and wants to make up for it. Unlike one Verratti, who played a great part in PSG's debacle vs. Barcelona, and after that all of a sudden wanted out.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dusel » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:48 pm

RedQueen wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:

I think it's more a realistic assessment of his own abilities and state of development. Unlike a certain Sanches, who I recall boasting that he'll "make Bayern better" when he arrived. We've seen how that ended. Brandt (and his family) have always remained grounded, even in the 2015/16 season when he was rated much higher than he is now. People seem to have forgotten that, and also that it's primarily the much lauded Reschke - and not Uli or Kalle - who want or wanted to bring him to Bayern.

Agreed.

Currently, Brandt is struggling to separate himself from Draxler and Younes on a Germany B team, and at times lost his starting XI place at Leverkusen. What makes anyone think he is the guy needed to make the difference for Bayern Munich as world beaters like Robben and Ribery are riding off into the sunset?

The thinking lacks logic.
Dusel
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:49 pm

RedQueen wrote:I think it's more a realistic assessment of his own abilities and state of development. Unlike a certain Sanches, who I recall boasting that he'll "make Bayern better" when he arrived. We've seen how that ended. Brandt and his family have always remained grounded, even in the 2015/16 season when he was rated much higher than he is now. People seem to have forgotten that, and also that it's primarily the much lauded Reschke - and not Uli or Kalle - who wants or wanted to bring him to Bayern.

E: And I find it a testament to his character that he feels responsible for Leverkusen's poor season and wants to make up for it. Unlike one Verratti, who played a great part in PSG's debacle vs. Barcelona, and after that all of a sudden wanted out.

If he is confident enough in his own abilities that he's staying at Leverkusen to hone his skills in preparation for a Bayern move, but at the same time afraid to compete against Coman and current Ribery, I don't fancy his character. Humbleness is overrated.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Dusel » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:00 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:I think it's more a realistic assessment of his own abilities and state of development. Unlike a certain Sanches, who I recall boasting that he'll "make Bayern better" when he arrived. We've seen how that ended. Brandt and his family have always remained grounded, even in the 2015/16 season when he was rated much higher than he is now. People seem to have forgotten that, and also that it's primarily the much lauded Reschke - and not Uli or Kalle - who wants or wanted to bring him to Bayern.

If he is confident enough in his own abilities that he's staying at Leverkusen to hone his skills in preparation for a Bayern move, but at the same time afraid to compete against Coman and current Ribery, I don't fancy his character. Humbleness is overrated.

Humbleness about what?

For Brandt to be humble in the first place he has to have the world class talent to be humble about, which he lacks.

He would struggle for playing time against Coman and even an aging Ribery. The only way he would start over Robben is if Robben got injured.
Dusel
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby IsiahRashad » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:13 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
gumboduncan wrote:Apparently, playing one more season at Bayer **** Leverkusen would enable him to break through this front four:

+Younes,Shürlle and even Bellarabi.
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby RedQueen » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:49 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:

Opinions differ. I don't fancy loudspeakers. And I don't fancy a character like Verratti who signs a five year contract in summer 2016, then puts in an abysmal performance against Barcelona, then complains that PSG hasn't got enough "champions" to go further in the CL, and now kicks up a fuss and pulls all kinds of stunts to get out of the contract he signed not even a year ago.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News