You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Julian Brandt

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Julian Brandt

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:00 pm

SrLuisGuilherme wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:However to be honest I no longer actively want Brandt here because he chose to not join us this year. Seems like a mental weakness.

That’s not a mental weakness. It’s him not being delusional enough to think he’ll start as many games as he needs to continue his development. Down to earth players like him should be admired. Just look at Sanches, lol some of us thought he’d have an important role in the team by the end of last season but now his future here isn’t looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mental weakness. Coman is the same level as him, Ribery's 34 and Costa has no future. If he doesn't have the balls to compete against those, he's probably weak.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby endrity » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:13 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Unlike #12, I'm definitely not saying one is better than the other :P

Bernardo Silva beats players 1-on-1, pretty much technically perfect. I was under the impression that he was the Portuguese De Bruyne after my first time watching him, but after further inspection he's far more of a dribbler.

On the other hand Brandt pretty much has little to no true footballing skill but makes up for it with intelligence and his delivery. I like his decision making in the final third because he nearly always makes the right call, but there are things he can't do with the ball. He couldn't even beat San Marino's defender when on the ball, but he can beat a well-organised defensive line. Cerebral player.

However to be honest I no longer actively want Brandt here because he chose to not join us this year. Seems like a mental weakness.

I don't pretend to be a Brandt expert, but it strikes me as deeply incorrect to say that he has no true football skill. He has an unbelievably good touch on the ball, which is pretty much the most important technical skill a player needs. And while he doesn't attempt a lot of one-on-ones, he strikes me as very smart about knowing when to engage in that type of duel and usually is able to get past players when he decides to do so.

I don't know if he's good enough for Bayern, his lack of speed might be an issue, or he needs to be a better dribbler, finisher, etc. But he is a very skilled footballer nonetheless.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:09 am

endrity wrote: And while he doesn't attempt a lot of one-on-ones, he strikes me as very smart about knowing when to engage in that type of duel and usually is able to get past players when he decides to do so.

He couldn't get past San Marino's LB.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby endrity » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:35 am

I have seen him get past plenty of Bundesliga players
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:42 am

I have seen him being stopped by even more
It's not that he's completely unable to do it... Heck, trying ten times maybe even I'd make it past one once... It's that it's not what he does and is really good at...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:20 am

Point is no coach will ever instruct him to take on his man, just like no coach will ever instruct De Bruyne and Müller to do the same.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Pelin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:33 pm

Brandt, Ribery, Robben, Coman are my dreamy wing position. Seriously 2 young talents who are not ready and 2 players who are in decline, though Robben is still world class.

Bayern's wing rotation must be something like this.

Top signing for LW this summer.
Top sgning to replace Robben next summer.
Brandt as rotation player to replace Ribery.

Btw, Bayern's policy is not signing young talents for starter role, rather, we buy them as rotation roles to develop. that's something you don't understand and bash MGT without any reason.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Ollio » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:09 pm

endrity wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:Unlike #12, I'm definitely not saying one is better than the other :P

Bernardo Silva beats players 1-on-1, pretty much technically perfect. I was under the impression that he was the Portuguese De Bruyne after my first time watching him, but after further inspection he's far more of a dribbler.

On the other hand Brandt pretty much has little to no true footballing skill but makes up for it with intelligence and his delivery. I like his decision making in the final third because he nearly always makes the right call, but there are things he can't do with the ball. He couldn't even beat San Marino's defender when on the ball, but he can beat a well-organised defensive line. Cerebral player.

However to be honest I no longer actively want Brandt here because he chose to not join us this year. Seems like a mental weakness.

I don't pretend to be a Brandt expert, but it strikes me as deeply incorrect to say that he has no true football skill. He has an unbelievably good touch on the ball, which is pretty much the most important technical skill a player needs. And while he doesn't attempt a lot of one-on-ones, he strikes me as very smart about knowing when to engage in that type of duel and usually is able to get past players when he decides to do so.

I don't know if he's good enough for Bayern, his lack of speed might be an issue, or he needs to be a better dribbler, finisher, etc. But he is a very skilled footballer nonetheless.

I agree with this, and I definitely also don't pretend to be a Brandt expert :D But the little that I've seen him play for Germany and Leverkusen, he reminds me a lot of how Götze played for us. Which is why I am not excited at all, it'd be ok if our transfer window would be done for the year if he'd be the only/main option. But for the right price and time, it could also work. Götze also worked at times.
Ollio
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Pelin wrote:Brandt, Ribery, Robben, Coman are my dreamy wing position. Seriously 2 young talents who are not ready and 2 players who are in decline, though Robben is still world class.

Bayern's wing rotation must be something like this.

Top signing for LW this summer.
Top sgning to replace Robben next summer.
Brandt as rotation player to replace Ribery.

Btw, Bayern's policy is not signing young talents for starter role, rather, we buy them as rotation roles to develop. that's something you don't understand and bash MGT without any reason.

Yeah right, we don't "understand"... Then riddle me this: how come we already have three players for LW, one for RW (Costa leaving...) and your top signing is not in sight?
Truth is, before long we gotta get used to seeing Gnabry and Brandt on the wings - who are not even the best German options...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Pelin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:59 pm

we have more than 2 months to make a top signing. so wait and see before non-stop moaning.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:53 pm

Nonetheless we would then have 4 players for one position... Moaning is in order...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Pelin » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:50 pm

Robbery will leave next season. signing a starter for LW this summer, signing a starter for RW next summer is a must.

if we sign Sanchez, who can also play as striker, Gnabry won' leave. then, Brandt will replace Ribery, while a starter signing will replace Robben in 2018.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:53 pm

Coman?
Plus, our substitutes should have similar traits to our starters to nit be forced to completely change our game plan... Therefore, it is imperative for a RW to be a leftie...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Pelin » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:36 pm

you were the one who want Lemar for LW? am l wrong?
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby #12 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:11 pm

Pelin wrote:you were the one who want Lemar for LW? am l wrong?

I want(ed) Lemar, you're right about that...

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News