You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

John Stones

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: John Stones

Postby MUTU » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:59 pm

itisrising wrote:
MUTU wrote:
itisrising wrote:Delighted that he has joined. The fact that we have offered him a 6 year deal shows how valuable we think he will be. Here's hoping he becomes our Boateng seeing as the actual Boateng didn't work out for us haha.

How do you feel, as an EPL fan, about the way EPL clubs are bullying the rest of Europe in a financial sense? Not too long ago Man City was mostly at the receiving end of the stick so I'm sure you felt bad about it. Not trying to poke fire here, it's a serious question as personally I am worried for the short to medium term future of European (EU :P) football

Hmm... Well I'm not as concerned or as worried as you are. In recent years, the BPL has lost its best players to Spain becuase of how attractive the big 2 are. Ronaldo, Bale, Modric, Suarez etc all left our league. I'm upset as a City fan that United have bagged Pogba but it's great to see a BPL club signing a player of Pogba's stature in his prime years instead of moving to Spain. There is a reason why BPL clubs have struggled in Europe recently and it's to do with the skill gap with Bayern, Madrid clubs and Barca. Now, with all the financial power, we're bridging that gap and, if anything, makes things way more interesting both domestically and in Europe. I don't see us 'bullying clubs' whatsoever. For instance, the money we paid for Sane has helped Schalke rebuld their side and they can use that money for whatever they need it for. I'm just happy that England are getting the most-sought after players (finally).

It's not so simple. Take Juventus for example. They paid so much for Higuain and it's all a ripple effect coming from the new TV deal for the Premier league. The Bundesliga has been ripped apart by the Premier League in the last 14 months. There have been countless transfers of players and coaches. You can't possibly say that is good for the Bundesliga. In all probability, they will be weaker in the UCL this season.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby itisrising » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:51 pm

MUTU wrote:
itisrising wrote:
MUTU wrote:Delighted that he has joined. The fact that we have offered him a 6 year deal shows how valuable we think he will be. Here's hoping he becomes our Boateng seeing as the actual Boateng didn't work out for us haha.

How do you feel, as an EPL fan, about the way EPL clubs are bullying the rest of Europe in a financial sense? Not too long ago Man City was mostly at the receiving end of the stick so I'm sure you felt bad about it. Not trying to poke fire here, it's a serious question as personally I am worried for the short to medium term future of European (EU :P) football

Hmm... Well I'm not as concerned or as worried as you are. In recent years, the BPL has lost its best players to Spain becuase of how attractive the big 2 are. Ronaldo, Bale, Modric, Suarez etc all left our league. I'm upset as a City fan that United have bagged Pogba but it's great to see a BPL club signing a player of Pogba's stature in his prime years instead of moving to Spain. There is a reason why BPL clubs have struggled in Europe recently and it's to do with the skill gap with Bayern, Madrid clubs and Barca. Now, with all the financial power, we're bridging that gap and, if anything, makes things way more interesting both domestically and in Europe. I don't see us 'bullying clubs' whatsoever. For instance, the money we paid for Sane has helped Schalke rebuld their side and they can use that money for whatever they need it for. I'm just happy that England are getting the most-sought after players (finally).

It's not so simple. Take Juventus for example. They paid so much for Higuain and it's all a ripple effect coming from the new TV deal for the Premier league. The Bundesliga has been ripped apart by the Premier League in the last 14 months. There have been countless transfers of players and coaches. You can't possibly say that is good for the Bundesliga. In all probability, they will be weaker in the UCL this season.

Well I'd agree that the Bundesliga has been weakened by it all but if we really looked at it; Sane and KDB would have moved to Bayern the next year. The Bundesliga would have been stronger but the competitiveness of it would have fallen. In regards to the UCL, it makes it even more interesting. There's no denying that English clubs have struggled against the other European giants and that bridge is closed. There seems to be an emphasis on the TV deal but for big English clubs, we are able to afford the deals regardless. I don't think anyone likes the money being spent in football but it is what it is and for English football, it makes it way more competitive.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby MUTU » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:56 pm

I know a lot of EPL fans who already consider the EPL to be a more important competition than the Champions League. With the new TV deal, the risk exists for more people to start believing this. And once (hopefully never) everyone believes it, football is spoiled for everyone who's not an EPL fan. Being a Bayern, Real Madrid or Barcelona fan would feel like your team is no longer in the top flight division and even if they win the league they're not 'promoted' since they wouldn't be able to compete in the then-topmost competition. Football WOULD be ruined if the EPL eclipses the Champions League, unlesss you are an EPL fan of course.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:14 pm

Enter: Super League...
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby SBash22 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:51 pm

MUTU wrote:I know a lot of EPL fans who already consider the EPL to be a more important competition than the Champions League. With the new TV deal, the risk exists for more people to start believing this. And once (hopefully never) everyone believes it, football is spoiled for everyone who's not an EPL fan. Being a Bayern, Real Madrid or Barcelona fan would feel like your team is no longer in the top flight division and even if they win the league they're not 'promoted' since they wouldn't be able to compete in the then-topmost competition. Football WOULD be ruined if the EPL eclipses the Champions League, unlesss you are an EPL fan of course.

I have to be honest... I'm one of those people who thinks winning the league is #1 priority.... its just something I dont take for granted and I appreciate/celebrate it every year

its why I'm not hard on Pep... no doubt not even making a CL is a disappointment, but winning the league all 3 years and 2 of 3 DFB-Pokals is pretty damn good.... I'd grade his time at Bayern as an A-..... if the CL was the be all and end all, he'd be considered a massive disappointment
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:07 am

There's a difference SBash22. I too think winning the league is much more important. Problem is for instance when Pogba drops CL football for United. What MUTU's saying is CL could end up becoming a side competition for England just like the FA Cup.

Even though the league will always be more important for me, CL is still the most prestigious but it looks like that might change in England.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:33 am

Your confusing two different things. Priority and prestige. The CL is currently the most prestigious and "important" competition in club football, I think there is a wide agreement on that. Nevertheless, considering the difficulty involved in winning it and also the localness of clubs, the leagues are a priority for every team (a different kind of "more important").

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SBash22 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:59 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:There's a difference SBash22. I too think winning the league is much more important. Problem is for instance when Pogba drops CL football for United. What MUTU's saying is CL could end up becoming a side competition for England just like the FA Cup.

Even though the league will always be more important for me, CL is still the most prestigious but it looks like that might change in England.

I think Pogba left Juve for United because he got a monster pay raise and is about to be one of the most marketable athletes in the world at Man U

more money & more fame > a chance to win the CL..... I dont think cup/league priorities have anything to do with it

although I agree CL is definitely the most prestigious club trophy
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:48 am

Some players play for money others play for sporting success.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:11 am

SBash22 wrote:I think Pogba left Juve for United because he got a monster pay raise and is about to be one of the most marketable athletes in the world at Man U

I think this is what MUTU means by the PL becoming more prestigious. More marketable, more money, more games, less luck/fairer winner...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SBash22 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:49 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
SBash22 wrote:I think Pogba left Juve for United because he got a monster pay raise and is about to be one of the most marketable athletes in the world at Man U

I think this is what MUTU means by the PL becoming more prestigious. More marketable, more money, more games, less luck/fairer winner...

yeah but that ideal works for all pro sports.... and life in general

for the most part, people take jobs where they can maximize their worth and value

and I'm not talking about leaving a top club to go to another so you can go from €12 million to €15 million a year.... but Pogba is going from like €4.5 million to €17.5 million per season

tell me how many people in the world wouldnt do what Pogba did? If Man U didnt make that offer but Barcelona or Real Madrid did, I'm sure Pogba woulda went there as well
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News