You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jérôme Boateng

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:31 pm

Well I think it would have been better if he didn't say anything at this moment... we have be more hard on this issue and really start looking for other defenders in order to show them that he is not our only available solution (even though he might be one of the best AVAILABLE).... this statements just proves that we still closely after him and hence Man City will not lower their price to the amount we are willing to pay (a max of 12M)...
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby München Minded » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:51 pm

I just can't see how a club who really didn't use the player and who was injured most of last season can even see wanting such a high fee -- even if they did want to use him this upcoming season. Maybe it is time to look elsewhere and forget this player for now -- wait and see how injured he gets next season. We could go for Mertesacker or some other German CB: Höwedes, Tasci, Hummels, etc.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:45 pm

Are you crazy? Mertersacker? #-o
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Zer0 Bayern » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:27 pm

BADSTUBER + MERTESACKER = TOTAL DISASTER.
JUST.... NO.
...................................JaBEAST Martínez...................................
Zer0 Bayern
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Uruguay

Postby Conquistador » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:33 pm

It can't be as bad as a van Buyten - Badstuber combo. Mertesacker has really gone down since the WC though...
Conquistador
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby spotman » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:49 am

I really hope we can land Boateng from City. He is exactly what we need. They saved money on the fullback position, so please just splash a little for Boateng.. Danke.
MIA SAN MIA
spotman
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Canada

Postby Stigger » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:42 am

We shouldn't splash out a lot of cash for him. He is good yes and he has potential BUT 20mil for a bench warmer is a complete joke. I would say go for Sakho aswell or to play along side Boateng!
My Formation for this season
.....................Neuer
Lahm.....Dante.....Badstuber.....Alaba
..........Schweini......Martinez
Robben...........Kroos.............Ribery
...................Manzukic
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ggrimaldi » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:30 am

Stigger wrote:We shouldn't splash out a lot of cash for him. He is good yes and he has potential BUT 20mil for a bench warmer is a complete joke. I would say go for Sakho aswell or to play along side Boateng!

Agree. Boateng has not shown if he is capable of playing for big team like Bayern, plus he hasn't played for MC for a long time. So 20mil doesn't make sense.

I don't know about this Sakho guy. Is he good? I mean, is he really good?
ggrimaldi
Getting the hang of it

Postby Stigger » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:58 am

Yea Sakho has potential to be the best CB in Europe. He was only 20 when he became PSGs captain and he known as the "new thuram" to many PSG/french fans. Should be available for 15mil so I hope our board makes it happen!
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby solarprism » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:35 am

yes,sakho is better than Boateng, but not even a single word link him with us, and he is not too expansive,why?
solarprism
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby munchen99 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:50 am

^^ agree we should go for sakho -more proven than boateng- we need a leader in the backline and he seems to fit the bill.
munchen99
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Stigger » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:17 pm

solarprism wrote:yes,sakho is better than Boateng, but not even a single word link him with us, and he is not too expansive,why?

I think its because the board wants a german centerback pairing since they seem bent on acquiring Boateng dispite not playing really for an entire season since Howedes and Hummels arent availible this summer. We will probally go after one of them next summer! That or Sakho doesn't want to leave since he is the captain of PSG
Stigger
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby München Minded » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:32 pm

Paddy wrote:Are you crazy? Mertersacker? #-o

My point was Bayern are interested in getting a German CB it seems -- which is why I listed several German players. I agree Merte has gone down hill a little, but look at the team he is in -- Werder are not the ideal defending team, also he made a mistake in wanting to stay there instead of grow, so now he is just becoming a stagnant player. I think he is a player who can be revived in the right team and become great again.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby FCB general » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:44 pm

Zer0 Bayern wrote:BADSTUBER + MERTESACKER = TOTAL DISASTER.
JUST.... NO.

These two guys together wouldn't be total disaster in some competitions and most of the games, but on major BL games and in european competitions it would be very hard with this duo. :| Their speed is the main problem and most people doesn't approve Mertesacker's transfer to our club.

However, I don't see how much long we are going to catch Boateng... If City doesn't want to put down their demand bar, we must look for other solutions.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby München Minded » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:52 pm

^ I agree, good points =D> =D> =D>
der Kaiser:
München Minded
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News