You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jérôme Boateng

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby BayernIsDBest » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:50 pm

uzi716 wrote:
MUTU wrote:Jérôme Boateng is not the world's best central defender. Heck, he's not even the first choice for Manchester City! Can we beat Barcelona with the reserve of Man City or the reserve of Chelsea (Alex)? It's not easy. They have Puyol and Pique in defence, but let's not forget they don't have Neuer in goal ;)

A year ago we reached the final with Butt, Badstuber (as LB), Demichelis, van Buyten and Lahm (as RB). Since then our attack hasn't gotten weaker (if anything better with the rise of Gomez), but you can see our defence has improved.

So, yes, Jérôme Boateng is not the best central defender. But there's no denying that he would immediately improve our squad. And let's not forget that very few (I can only think of Ferdinand) of the world class central defenders were famous (or at least already world class) when they signed with their current teams.

In all honesty we got there by luck. We drew Fiorentina, ManU, and Lyon. Rooney didn't even play against us. Meanwhile Inter beat Chelsea, CSKA Moscow, and BARCELONA!

If Rooney played or we got a team like Chelsea or Barca we would probably have lost.

Boateng or Alex wont be good enough, certainly they will help us win the BL and DFB Pokal but not the CL.
armbrust wrote:Neuer,Lahm,Schweini,Muller,Ribery,Rooben,Olic are all elite players.

Im not sure if we are talking about the same team.

And how many of them are central defenders? None. You misinterpreted my post, never did I say we were weak offensively, I was talking about our defense.

Olic is a good player but not a WC one. He wouldn't be a starter on Chelsea, ManU, Barca, RM, etc.

So who is ur top CB??
Bayern got to fix up there attack
BayernIsDBest
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby uzi716 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Well I wish we can get an elite CB like Pique, Chiellini, or Vidic but I doubt their teams would ever let them go. In my opinion the only way to get a WC CB without paying a lot of money is to get them right before they break through. All of the guys I mentioned above weren't expensive when their teams bought them but are now priceless assets to their teams defense.

Our scouts need to be aggressive in finding the CB who is on the verge of a breakout season and get them to come here. If our scouts truly believe Boateng is on the verge of doing this then by all means go and get him.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:44 pm

uzi716 wrote: Rooney didn't even play against us. Meanwhile Inter beat Chelsea, CSKA Moscow, and BARCELONA!

If Rooney played or we got a team like Chelsea or Barca we would probably have lost.

This is kinda confusing since not only did Rooney play but he scored in the first leg and had an assist in the second. It was actually our best player, Robben, who missed the first leg. Also, Lyon had just eliminated Real Madrid.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby uzi716 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:57 pm

MUTU wrote:
uzi716 wrote: Rooney didn't even play against us. Meanwhile Inter beat Chelsea, CSKA Moscow, and BARCELONA!

This is kinda confusing since not only did Rooney play but he scored in the first leg and had an assist in the second
. It was actually our best player, Robben, who missed the first leg. Also, Lyon had just eliminated Real Madrid.

I don't know why I remembered it that way :lol:

But do you really think we could have beaten RM if they had advanced instead of Lyon?

In terms of quality RM was better but good teams play bad and end up losing. That is what happened to RM last year.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:11 am

uzi716 wrote:Boateng or Alex wont be good enough, certainly they will help us win the BL and DFB Pokal but not the CL.

If Alex isn't good enough, then who is? Just Pique and Puyol?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:11 am

uzi716 wrote:But do you really think we could have beaten RM if they had advanced instead of Lyon?

Yep, I think we could have.

Back on topic, FC Bayern are bidding 12.5 million euros for Jérôme Boateng, which is the amount of money that Manchester City paid for him a year ago. Manchester City are holding out for a further 7.5 million euros.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Slemba » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:21 am

MUTU wrote:Back on topic, FC Bayern are bidding 12.5 million euros for Jérôme Boateng, which is the amount of money that Manchester City paid for him a year ago. Manchester City are holding out for a further 7.5 million euros.

That's being ridiculous from MC !!!
BTW aren't they supposed to reduce the number of their squad?!
Slemba
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CroCHEF » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:29 am

Slemba wrote:
MUTU wrote:Back on topic, FC Bayern are bidding 12.5 million euros for Jérôme Boateng, which is the amount of money that Manchester City paid for him a year ago. Manchester City are holding out for a further 7.5 million euros.

Why, they have small squad :lol: :lol: Image

JK. They are stupid club, they have bad coach... all wannabe stars... and menagment who dont know how to make normal transfers
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Postby Mazen96 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:36 am

CroCHEF wrote:
Slemba wrote:

JK. They are stupid club, they have bad coach... all wannabe stars... and menagment who dont know how to make normal transfers

That's what you get when your team is owned by some oil tycoon.
In guten wie in schlechten Zeiten...
Mazen96
I post all the time

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby bayern4l » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:50 am

CroCHEF wrote:
Slemba wrote:

This is exactly how Man City team will look like after couple of seasons. They will buy everybody and even then they won't win a PL. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Manuel Neuer
bayern4l
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby Bayern33 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:16 am

i think man city will accept the 12,5 million, they wont loose any money from the sale. He doesnt even play much anyway (INJURED ALOT THIS SEASON). If we cant get him for that price not worth it
Bayern33
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:40 am

CroCHEF wrote: Image

Hey WTF is doing Waldo/Wally there 1! :D

If they reject 12.5M from us they are even MORE stupid
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Element » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:02 pm

MUTU wrote:
Back on topic, FC Bayern are bidding 12.5 million euros for Jérôme Boateng, which is the amount of money that Manchester City paid for him a year ago. Manchester City are holding out for a further 7.5 million euros.

Yeah , i read that

This is actually more than fair , and they should actually be more than happy to receive 12.5 million euros

so either take it or dont sell him , but expecting more than those 12.5 million euros from any club is just insane
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby sch0ll7 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:32 pm

I dont think he is worth more than 12mil€...and even if we pay 10mil€...what can we really expect from him? He never was anyway near world-class and that I am a bit sceptic about this transfer.

I would still splash 20mil for Hummels or Subotic:)
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby Element » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:33 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:I would still splash 20mil for Hummels or Subotic:)

Subotic =P~ =P~

I LOVE THAT DEFENDER
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News