You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jérôme Boateng

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:40 pm

dejodejo wrote:A DREAM TEAM FC BAYERN

You mean dream team Germany? :mrgreen:

Payam wrote:For the love of God, we are NOT Barcelona, we don't want to be Barcelona!
We are Bayern Munchen, geez

=D> =D> =D> =D>
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby München Minded » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:57 pm

It looks like Bayern should forget about Boateng -- it seems this is the way the market works nowadays: young age + interest from big club = enormously high fee -- that is the situation Bayern is in. If Dortmund or HSV were interested in Boateng, then ManCity (who wouldn't consider them a direct competitor like Bayern) would sell him for only €9 mill, considering he didn't play much and ManCity would have written him off. Maybe Bayern should have waited in this case to show interest.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby USBayernMunichFan » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:54 pm

I would love for Bayern to get Boat, but if this falls through I'm OK with it as long as another top CB is signed instead. I have the feeling his price will drop and Bayern makes this happen, but who knows with crazy City.
The champions .... 2013/14
USBayernMunichFan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby USBayernMunichFan » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:55 am

Bayern admit defeat in effort to sign injury-jinxed City stopper Boateng

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1O5ENlB3w

(if this was already posted, my apologies).

Shouldn't be all that ground breaking considering the ridiculous asking price for City ... but at least confirms Bayern isn't stupid enough to hand out so much money for him. Onward and upward.
The champions .... 2013/14
USBayernMunichFan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby uzi716 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:28 am

Boateng is a good CB but not the World Class one we need. Even if we did get him Badstuber-Boateng would not be enough. If we are serious about winning the CL then we have to get a true WC CB, how many teams go far without at least one? Barca has Puyol and Pique, ManU has Vidic and Ferdinand, Inter has Lucio, Milan has Thiago Silva, and the list goes on. It seems like our board is content with being an average team in Europe. We are no longer an elite team like in the past, if we played against teams like the Big 4 in the EPL, Inter, Milan, RM, and Barca, we wouldn't win. Those are the types of teams we will have to beat in order to win the CL final.

Adding Neuer is not enough, ManU lost to Barca with Vidic, Ferdinand, and van der Sar in net! And we are all hoping to win the CL on our home field next year.

I like Boateng and want to see him here one day but if our board is really serious about winning the CL next year we need to stop wasting time on good players and go after WC ones, we have money to spend. Until we do this we will never win the CL.

I'm done my rant...
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby munchen99 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:36 am

^^^ Agreed we need at least 1 CB to come this window- and must be WORLD CLASS- Bloody hell we should get hummels back!! but he had to go and sign that extension!!!
munchen99
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby armbrust » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:29 am

It seems like our board is content with being an average team in Europe. We are no longer an elite team like in the past, if

Neuer,Lahm,Schweini,Muller,Ribery,Rooben,Olic are all elite players.

Im not sure if we are talking about the same team.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:56 am

armbrust wrote:
It seems like our board is content with being an average team in Europe. We are no longer an elite team like in the past, if

Neuer,Lahm,Schweini,Muller,Ribery,Rooben,Olic are all elite players.

All of them are World Class players there is no doubt about that... but add to the list a defensive pairing of Badstuber and Boateng and put us against RM or Barca ... if you think we have a chance then I won't comment on this post anymore :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:24 am

Jérôme Boateng is not the world's best central defender. Heck, he's not even the first choice for Manchester City! Can we beat Barcelona with the reserve of Man City or the reserve of Chelsea (Alex)? It's not easy. They have Puyol and Pique in defence, but let's not forget they don't have Neuer in goal ;)

A year ago we reached the final with Butt, Badstuber (as LB), Demichelis, van Buyten and Lahm (as RB). Since then our attack hasn't gotten weaker (if anything better with the rise of Gomez), but you can see our defence has improved.

So, yes, Jérôme Boateng is not the best central defender. But there's no denying that he would immediately improve our squad. And let's not forget that very few (I can only think of Ferdinand) of the world class central defenders were famous (or at least already world class) when they signed with their current teams.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:49 am

I wonder who our new CB target will be, because Boateng was the only one we were realistically linked with
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby appudds » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:05 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I wonder who our new CB target will be, because Boateng was the only one we were realistically linked with

Hopefully not Mertesacker. I just dont want any new "red lighted" new posts in that thread.
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby armbrust » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:13 am

Code: Select all
All of them are World Class players there is no doubt about that... but add to the list a defensive pairing of Badstuber and Boateng and put us against RM or Barca ... if you think we have a chance then I won't comment on this post anymore 

Of curse we have a chance, we will win 1 of every 3 times. Thats a decent chance when we talk about the 2 best teams in the world.
@armbrustpoker
armbrust
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby München Minded » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:09 pm

USBayernMunichFan wrote:Bayern admit defeat in effort to sign injury-jinxed City stopper Boateng

This is the key reason to forget him. As also mentioned he's not even first choice, yet ManCity want to act like he is valuable -- its only because of Bayern interest. Curious to see now that we back off. Its good to move on, if he has another injury filled season at ManCity then I will be happy we never signed him.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby tflags » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:13 pm

If Boateng is EUR20... How much is 'The Apache'?? EUR200 Mil??? There is a post on the General Transfer thread with a link to an article from the Daily Mail (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1O5ENlB3w) which claims we have given up on the German Boateng. After that post, everyone has given up on this transfer.

My question regarding the same article is WHO SAID we 'admit defeat' in trying to bring him in. The article DOES NOT quote anyone from our camp. There are no other news claiming defeat either... at least not yet.

There is, however, an interesting TZ article saying our pain treshold caps out at the same value City paid for the CB... 12 Mil. (http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fussball/ ... 69298.html) I would go as far as saying that as always, this is a sensible offer from our brass.

I see a difficult path ahead as there is simply 'too much water' between the cliffs on this transfer: I don't see a way we can build a bridge here. City thinks we also have an oil field and our budget is 125 mil (pounds)...
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby uzi716 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:43 pm

MUTU wrote:Jérôme Boateng is not the world's best central defender. Heck, he's not even the first choice for Manchester City! Can we beat Barcelona with the reserve of Man City or the reserve of Chelsea (Alex)? It's not easy. They have Puyol and Pique in defence, but let's not forget they don't have Neuer in goal ;)

A year ago we reached the final with Butt, Badstuber (as LB), Demichelis, van Buyten and Lahm (as RB). Since then our attack hasn't gotten weaker (if anything better with the rise of Gomez), but you can see our defence has improved.

So, yes, Jérôme Boateng is not the best central defender. But there's no denying that he would immediately improve our squad. And let's not forget that very few (I can only think of Ferdinand) of the world class central defenders were famous (or at least already world class) when they signed with their current teams.

In all honesty we got there by luck. We drew Fiorentina, ManU, and Lyon. Rooney didn't even play against us. Meanwhile Inter beat Chelsea, CSKA Moscow, and BARCELONA!

If Rooney played or we got a team like Chelsea or Barca we would probably have lost.

Boateng or Alex wont be good enough, certainly they will help us win the BL and DFB Pokal but not the CL.
armbrust wrote:Neuer,Lahm,Schweini,Muller,Ribery,Rooben,Olic are all elite players.

And how many of them are central defenders? None. You misinterpreted my post, never did I say we were weak offensively, I was talking about our defense.

Olic is a good player but not a WC one. He wouldn't be a starter on Chelsea, ManU, Barca, RM, etc.
uzi716
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News