You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jérôme Boateng

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby Bayern33 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:06 am

all that is missing is the fee with man city and he is our player. I think bayern want to pay less than 12 million and man city want 12 million
Bayern33
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby München Minded » Wed May 25, 2011 4:32 pm

That's the problem if Man City try to ask for a massive fee -- looks like this is close, and so is Rafinha. Better to pay less money for good players, than enormous amounts for players that are not that much better but could fail (like Coentrão) -- at least Rafinha and Boateng could adapt well since they know the Bundesliga.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Thu May 26, 2011 12:28 pm

München Minded wrote:That's the problem if Man City try to ask for a massive fee

The details of why Rummenigge was skeptical about this transfer are coming in. City wants EUR10 mil for the guy and Bayern is not willing. Full article link here:
http://www.fussballtransfers.com/bundes ... raum_20119
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Thu May 26, 2011 12:31 pm

I still don't understand if Boateng is intended as the CD, the LB or the RB. He has only played 2 matches for Man City as a CD, and most of his matches were as RB. If I'm not mistaken he's never played as CD for Germany either.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ballackfcb » Thu May 26, 2011 12:34 pm

MUTU wrote:I still don't understand if Boateng is intended as the CD, the LB or the RB. He has only played 2 matches for Man City as a CD, and most of his matches were as RB. If I'm not mistaken he's never played as CD for Germany either.

His pace will be needed at CB. Pace is lacking in Badstuber and VanBuyten.
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Bayern33 » Thu May 26, 2011 1:00 pm

MUTU wrote:I still don't understand if Boateng is intended as the CD, the LB or the RB. He has only played 2 matches for Man City as a CD, and most of his matches were as RB. If I'm not mistaken he's never played as CD for Germany either.

i think he played CD for under 21 at the WC and did really well. News from TZ says that man city dont want to sell boateng to bayern, they said that they would like to have messi and a ferrari too but you cant always have what you want.
Bayern33
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SilentStrike » Thu May 26, 2011 1:10 pm

CB is his best position and we're not linked to any other CB atm.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby MUTU » Thu May 26, 2011 1:13 pm

SilentStrike wrote:CB is his best position

But apparently Mancini and Löw disagree...
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby vijay92 » Thu May 26, 2011 2:16 pm

Boating and howedes were great for Germany u21 in 2009 as centre backs. He normally played centre back for hamburg. He is average right back but he is got real potential to be a top centre cb
vijay92
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu May 26, 2011 3:43 pm

MUTU wrote:I still don't understand if Boateng is intended as the CD, the LB or the RB.

I think CB. We're not linked with any other CB but we are linked with a RB (Rafinha).

MUTU wrote:But apparently Mancini and Löw disagree...

Well, Man City are stupid... They have real quality in their squad but don't do anything with it.

As for Germany, Loew loves Mertesacker, and at the WC there was no reason to drop Friedrich. After that he kind of wanted to try out Hummels and Badstuber. Not to mention that Germany had a fullback problem, so Boateng had to play there.

Actually Loew sometimes makes questionable choices too.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby München Minded » Thu May 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Funny thing is, with interest from Bayern all of the sudden ManCity want to keep him -- before they seemed likely to offload him due to his injury plagued season. Bayern should have silently attempted this transfer, or at least kidnapped him. Anyway, ManCity now will only let him go at a price that is beyond what he is worth.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby CroCHEF » Thu May 26, 2011 5:34 pm

I think the biggest problem is that Sh.ty dont know what is negotiations.
They think that you just come, give x3 more money and you get player.
CroCHEF
I post all the time

Postby München Minded » Thu May 26, 2011 5:45 pm

:lol: That's true.
der Kaiser:
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby Element » Thu May 26, 2011 7:10 pm

MUTU wrote:But apparently Mancini and Löw disagree...

Loew actually does not let him play as CB because he does not play CB with his club
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby USBayernMunichFan » Fri May 27, 2011 11:22 pm

Seems like word on this deal is slowing down. I would like to see Jerome at FCB, so I hope this happens.
The champions .... 2013/14
USBayernMunichFan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News