You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jérôme Boateng

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Jerome Boateng

Postby Jurvansuu » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:23 am

" you talk like you know nothing about him.. he's the best defendere right now in the BL (after Mertesacker I'd say) and he is in the starting 11 in German NT, who wants to win the world cup.. what does this tell you? "

And I am totally sure DVB beats him in the CB position any day of the week. He And Hyypiä are the players that form the top 3 defenders in that position in the BL (with Mertesacker )
Jurvansuu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:08 pm

Would be great signing only as a CB thought. I dont think he is a great RB, although he can fill in when needed.

We definitely need a CB, while its not priority right now, but Demi has to go, the guy has been a weak link in this team for far too long. Also DVB is 31-32, and I dont think will be around in 2 years time.

12 mil for Boateng isnt much. He is Young, German, has European and Bundesliga experience, proved quality, and huge potential and will be a regular for the national team.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jurvansuu » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:23 pm

While Metzelder or Senderos would be the ones more likely to come to FCB . Not Boateng....or has any FCB Big-Shot recently said that " DAMN we want to buy this Boateng "

....But that is true . Michi has been a failure so far. But when Badstuber can play the CB position ( yes . its his main position ) our priority really really REALLY is a fullback ( dont care wich side. Lahm will be the best in the world either way. )

PS. Though what i have grown to see is that FCB Never gets anyone they are linked with but someone else.
Jurvansuu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shwas55 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:45 pm

Jurvansuu wrote:While Metzelder or Senderos would be the ones more likely to come to FCB . Not Boateng....or has any FCB Big-Shot recently said that " DAMN we want to buy this Boateng "

Boateng has been the one of the best young German defenders in the past few years, and it was only a matter of time before he gets linked with us.

Jurvansuu wrote:....But that is true . Michi has been a failure so far. But when Badstuber can play the CB position ( yes . its his main position ) our priority really really REALLY is a fullback ( dont care wich side. Lahm will be the best in the world either way. )

As i mentioned its not our first priority, however With Demi not improving, and DVB age, we will have to sign a new CB in the next 2 years. Breno (if he comes back, and preforms), and Badstuber wont be enough.

Boateng, or Geromel should definitely be on the short list for our next CB.
shwas55
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby appudds » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:01 pm

shwas55 wrote:Boateng, or Geromel should definitely be on the short list for our next CB.

Any one of them.. Not both...
Also, we should get Mertseacker........
Mertesacker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Boateng
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby SilentStrike » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:29 pm

everybody seems to be very happy here with dvb, as am I

But i doubt he will be any value to us next season perhaps even 2nd season half this year.
He had a good run but I dont think he will continue this run into the 2nd season half.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Slemba » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:38 pm

SilentStrike wrote:everybody seems to be very happy here with dvb, as am I

But i doubt he will be any value to us next season perhaps even 2nd season half this year.
He had a good run but I dont think he will continue this run into the 2nd season half.

What makes u say so? :roll:
Slemba
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Jurvansuu » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:00 pm

Apart from his goals he has been the best player DEFENSIVELY too. so i see no reason why he wouldnt play well. he has been overall...we could even say the best player of the season so far
Jurvansuu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby SilentStrike » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:07 pm

ahh man nvrm, its not something I can explain.
Just watch and see.
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby shwas55 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:44 pm

DVB is our best defender, however that isnt saying much when you are comparing him against Demi, Breno, and a first year player in Badstuber.

He isnt that good defensively, he is slow, poor in defending crosses and will struggle against the top teams in the C.L. Besides he is old and wont be here for more than 2 years.

We need top quality CBs if we want to challenge for the C.L and at the moment we dont have that. Badstuber might become a top class defender, but he still needs alot of experience.
shwas55
I post all the time

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:09 pm

I am going to go and say DvB is far more important to us than anyone on the pitch because of his organizational ability. He is the temp-Khan since Khan left who is controlling our midfield. Butt talks with his saves, DvB shouts at everyone and gets them organized. I dont think he will play poorly this season because our defense wont have any problems (we will have most of the possession :P).

Against tough European Competition it would be nice to have another CB as a backup. Still, i dont see DvB performing poorly this season while Demechelis is there to look like an absolute idiot, all the attention will be on Demi.
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby appudds » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:11 pm

I saw DvB wont shine that much next season.......
THis is his peak form of his career......
I think it will reduce from here on....
WE SHUD GET MERTESACKER!
We are going off topic btw!
appudds

National Flag:
India

Postby Element » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:48 pm

if we Fail to get Bosingwa

we should try hard for Boateng
Element

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:46 pm

Element wrote:if we Fail to get Bosingwa

That's it =D>
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby shwas55 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:52 am

Element wrote:if we Fail to get Bosingwa

The two are unrelated. If we get Boateng, he will be as a CB.

So we can have both Bosingwa (RB), and Boateng (CB).
shwas55
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News