You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Jérôme Boateng

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Jérôme Boateng

Postby aria » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:10 am

i think our board sees him as a more realistically gettable (and also german speaking) version of sakho-
i dont think he has that much potential and also with his recent injury we should be cautious- maybe take him on loan for next season with the option to buy for 10M in summer 2012
aria
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayern33 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:31 am

hes young and will only get better, plus he has bundeliga experience. Dont want him on loan want him on a 5 year contract at bayern
Bayern33
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby kip » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:09 am

I doubt he's good enough, maybe in the future, but definetely not now.
kip
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayern33 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:09 pm

kip wrote:I doubt he's good enough, maybe in the future, but definetely not now.

He plays for germany NT!!!!! He would be awesome for bayern
Bayern33
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:13 pm

Bayern33 wrote:
kip wrote:I doubt he's good enough, maybe in the future, but definetely not now.

He plays for germany NT!!!!! He would be awesome for bayern

So do Badstuber and Mertesacker and they're not exactly world class either. I think Boateng is good but sometimes a bit rash and can easily foul when under pressure.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MrLinky » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:32 pm

The performances he delivered throughout the U-21 European Championship in Sweden 2009 were one of the most consistent and impressive I've ever seen for a young centre-back in such a, not exactly unimportant, tournament. He wasn't able to continue that good run for Hamburg the season after and was then transferred to City where he hasn't been getting much space in his preferred role in the centre. If factors would point to the direction that we have a stable defense, that maybe needs a bit of fine tuning here and there, I would be all in for him, cause he is talented, he's proven that. But we can't afford any more "experiments" in the position we're in. Our defense has been very insecure all year long. Badstuber, Breno and van Buyten were all more or less disappointments this season. The ideal scenario in my opinion would be us getting an experienced centre-back (Lucio, Friedrich) and a young one (Sakho, Boateng, Howedes). But I don't know how possible that is money wise, considering we're also chasing Neuer, in desperate need of a good full-back and maybe a winger back-up too. And then there's also the Vidal rumour. We would be spending close to a 100 million. Even if we sell Breno (3-5 million), van Buyten (2 million), Ottl (2-3 million), Tymo (5-7 million), Klose (contract running out) and Altintop (contract running out), I'm not sure we can afford all of that.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:15 pm

SilentStrike wrote:
MoFattal wrote:Boateng & Badstuber doesnt seem a defensive pairing capable of bringing back our glories and especially CL

sure, but Id like Boaten (though i havent seen much of him in a year) but along with Boateng a top CB

Badstuber this season hasnt given us any reason to start him.

EXACTLY what i was saying :D =D> =D> Boateng is great but getting him only would not be enought... we need a "BULL" defender also...
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby shileno » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:13 pm

Element wrote:
shileno wrote:. I don't think Boateng is what we need, he might help us but he's not a solid CB like Friedrich or Kjaer.

Boateng is better than Kjaer thats for sure

I don't know.. Both did great in their previous teams, also in their NTs, where Kjaer was in the first XI and Boateng wasn't (as CB). After seeing him with ManCity, he played a couple of matches and did pretty average, for not say bad. Yeah, maybe is the team and he might do better with us.
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby bluetiger » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:09 pm

Boateng is years ahead and has 20 times the potential of badstuber

If hummels is not available, he is deffinately the best pick
bluetiger
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:26 pm

MrLinky wrote: The ideal scenario in my opinion would be us getting an experienced centre-back (Lucio, Friedrich) and a young one (Sakho, Boateng, Howedes). But I don't know how possible that is money wise, considering we're also chasing Neuer, in desperate need of a good full-back and maybe a winger back-up too. And then there's also the Vidal rumour. We would be spending close to a 100 million. Even if we sell Breno (3-5 million), van Buyten (2 million), Ottl (2-3 million), Tymo (5-7 million), Klose (contract running out) and Altintop (contract running out), I'm not sure we can afford all of that.

Yes, that's my point of view. ManCity payed like 10M for Boateng and Wolfsburg payed like 5M for Friedrich. Gettin both for 15M is not unrealistic IMO. It would be the ideal scenario. Badstuber, Boateng, Friedrich and Van Buyten as CB's.

Van Buyten sucks but he could be a good 4th CB because we can use him in the final minutes when we need to score. And I don't think that we could get 2M for him
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby tflags » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:53 am

MoFattal wrote:
Element wrote:DAMN I HATE IT

Jerome Boateng go ta meniscus injured while warming up vs Kazakhstan and must undergo a surgery

DAMN

damn .... will he be out till the end of the season ?

I have seen meniscus surgeries and recovery in about 30 days; myself included.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Element » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:03 am

MrLinky wrote:The performances he delivered throughout the U-21 European Championship in Sweden 2009 were one of the most consistent and impressive I've ever seen for a young centre-back in such a, not exactly unimportant, tournament.

Yeah , I remember that

and i believe that in that tournament , he only did 3 FOULS !!!!!!!
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Element » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Jerome Boateng will miss till Mid-May

http://www.tz-online.de/sport/fc-bayern ... 85921.html
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Psychaz » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:12 pm

i don't really want him to be honest, he's seemed injury prone and price of 15m is too much IMO, Man City paid less for him and he's flopped there so why are we paying more?
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:16 pm

That's true. He should come here for a maximum of 10M. That would be a great buy.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News