You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Javi Martínez [Javier Martínez Aginaga]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Javi Martínez

Postby HSK » Sun May 27, 2012 5:47 pm

raz25 wrote:I'm still trying to understand what could possibly be the point of this transfer.

Are we planning to get rid of the Schweini-Kroos-Muller combo or are we buying a new backup because Gustavo is so shite? Either way I'm not too happy about it. Just use the money to buy Dzeko or one of Napoli's stars if possible.

Using Schweini-Kroos-Muller without a DM is suicide against strong sides. You'll end up defending only with the CB's, like in the Cup match against Dortmund. Actually, at some point in the season Jupp said that the Schweini-Kroos solo midfield didn't work and he won't use it again. He had to use it again in the final because of suspensions, and well, we all know how that ended :|

Buying a new DM makes perfect sense, Gustavo is good but he is far from being consistent. Tymo level has dropped and he's now very slow and shaky, a new fast and good passer DM like Javi should work amazingly for us.
HSK
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun May 27, 2012 7:41 pm

hsk wrote:
raz25 wrote:I'm still trying to understand what could possibly be the point of this transfer.

Are we planning to get rid of the Schweini-Kroos-Muller combo or are we buying a new backup because Gustavo is so shite? Either way I'm not too happy about it. Just use the money to buy Dzeko or one of Napoli's stars if possible.

Using Schweini-Kroos-Muller without a DM is suicide against strong sides. You'll end up defending only with the CB's, like in the Cup match against Dortmund. Actually, at some point in the season Jupp said that the Schweini-Kroos solo midfield didn't work and he won't use it again. He had to use it again in the final because of suspensions, and well, we all know how that ended :|

Buying a new DM makes perfect sense, Gustavo is good but he is far from being consistent. Tymo level has dropped and he's now very slow and shaky, a new fast and good passer DM like Javi should work amazingly for us.

Though i am slightly skeptical about Martinez you speak the truth Bayern need a top class DMC to play with Schwein/Kroos =D>
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Min » Sun May 27, 2012 7:50 pm

hsk wrote:

That is right, you absolutely got the point. Javi would work very well for us, as Tymo has never been at Bayern level while Gustavo is good at defensive duties but zero for offensive one. Javi would be very good fit for us. However, I do not believe it to happen as I simply do not believe in this management ability to attract stars which are on high demand. I will be happy if I am wrong though...
Min
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun May 27, 2012 9:01 pm

That is right, you absolutely got the point. Javi would work very well for us, as Tymo has never been at Bayern level while Gustavo is good at defensive duties but zero for offensive one. Javi would be very good fit for us. However, I do not believe it to happen as I simply do not believe in this management ability to attract stars which are on high demand. I will be happy if I am wrong though...

I agree I never had that feeling that Bayern's exec were good at that, tho I mostly blamed it on how they chain their wallets to their pants :wink: :wink: :wink:

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby raz25 » Sun May 27, 2012 9:08 pm

hsk wrote:

It's obvious that Kroos-Schweini won't work against anybody, my whole point was that Gustavo is good enough in case we need a DM playing.

I just can't undestand why some people here see him as a necessity. How is he such an upgrade over Gustavo is beyond me. Except for the Pokal final, he proved how valuable he can be for the team especially in both ties against Real madrid.

IMO, if we are to buy another midfielder to our team it should be a creative one. If you look at our season as a whole you can see in many games how we just looked completely lost. I remember looking angrily at some games because Ribery and Robben were double or triple marked while Muller was mostly off form so all was left to do was to pass the ball around almost looking like we don't have a tactical plan. Now, if we could have subbed in a player like Diego or Kagawa maybe the Bundesliga standings would have been different IMO.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Sun May 27, 2012 9:11 pm

raz25 wrote:
IMO, if we are to buy another midfielder to our team it should be a creative one.

EXACTLY. And for 30M there should be a decent creative midfielder at the very least!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Element » Sun May 27, 2012 9:14 pm

raz25 wrote:
hsk wrote:

It's obvious that Kroos-Schweini won't work against anybody, my whole point was that Gustavo is good enough in case we need a DM playing.

I just can't undestand why some people here see him as a necessity. How is he such an upgrade over Gustavo is beyond me. Except for the Pokal final, he proved how valuable he can be for the team especially in both ties against Real madrid.

IMO, if we are to buy another midfielder to our team it should be a creative one. If you look at our season as a whole you can see in many games how we just looked completely lost. I remember looking angrily at some games because Ribery and Robben were double or triple marked while Muller was mostly off form so all was left to do was to pass the ball around almost looking like we don't have a tactical plan. Now, if we could have subbed in a player like Diego or Kagawa maybe the Bundesliga standings would have been different IMO.

in that case...we could get Chrisitian Eriksen from Ajax
only 20 years old..but he is highly creative and has sick passes..and dont think that he will cost more than Martinez

but Martinez on the other side might convince enough as A Cb become a starting CB here !!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby uzi716 » Sun May 27, 2012 9:45 pm

Martinez is not just a DM. He's also a great CB with aerial ability and that's what Bayern needs.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun May 27, 2012 10:28 pm

I do not blame Kroos/Schwein for that it was mostly Muller who was not able to contribute to the attack so teams were able to pressure Robben and Ribery without worrying about being hit down the middle we can get guys like Matias Suarez or Miralles to sub in for Muller in that 10 spot to open games up when they end up as you described a creative CM wont do us good their we need a AMC who we can rotate in for Muller when he starts to lose form like he did this year but he seems to have found it hopefully its here to stay.

I agree about Martinez tho Gustavo is good enough he is a bit shaky but in big games like in Madrid he showed up we really just need a replacement for Tymo and 30m for Martinez to me is a bit too much, If we do get him then he better be better than Van Bommel when he was with us but if we don't get him idc really since Gustavo is pretty solid

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby HSK » Sun May 27, 2012 11:30 pm

raz25 wrote:It's obvious that Kroos-Schweini won't work against anybody, my whole point was that Gustavo is good enough in case we need a DM playing.

"In case we need a DM playing"? We'll always need a DM playing, man. Gustavo is one of the best DMs in Europe at the moment, so I do trust him but he's very inconsistent. And you can't expect him to play every single match of the next season (Bundesliga, CL, Cup, etc). Specially in a so demanding position like DM, where he has to move like crazy.

Why would we need another creative player. We have 2 top class creative CMs: Kroos and Schweini. If you're talking about a CAM, then yes! we need one like Kagawa or Diego... I think buying Diego would be pretty smart, his price is surely low (around 15m maybe?) and he's top class. We could rotate him with Mueller and it would be amazing for the squad. But so far out options for CAM position are Matías Suárez, Kevin Mirallas and Younès Belhanda. Younès Belhanda being my favorite candidate.

I think both CAM and DM positions are the most necessary ones to fill (buy players for).
HSK
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Javi Martínez

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon May 28, 2012 12:01 am

hsk wrote:
raz25 wrote:It's obvious that Kroos-Schweini won't work against anybody, my whole point was that Gustavo is good enough in case we need a DM playing.

"In case we need a DM playing"? We'll always need a DM playing, man. Gustavo is one of the best DMs in Europe at the moment, so I do trust him but he's very inconsistent. And you can't expect him to play every single match of the next season (Bundesliga, CL, Cup, etc). Specially in a so demanding position like DM, where he has to move like crazy.

Why would we need another creative player. We have 2 top class creative CMs: Kroos and Schweini. If you're talking about a CAM, then yes! we need one like Kagawa or Diego... I think buying Diego would be pretty smart, his price is surely low (around 15m maybe?) and he's top class. We could rotate him with Mueller and it would be amazing for the squad. But so far out options for CAM position are Matías Suárez, Kevin Mirallas and Younès Belhanda. Younès Belhanda being my favorite candidate.

I think both CAM and DM positions are the most necessary ones to fill (buy players for).

I hope Bayern get one of those 3 AMCs u just mentioned and for DMs does anyone kno if Bayern have looked at any other DMs or is Martinez the only option??

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby HSK » Mon May 28, 2012 12:53 am

Firefox1234 wrote:I hope Bayern get one of those 3 AMCs u just mentioned and for DMs does anyone kno if Bayern have looked at any other DMs or is Martinez the only option??

Lars Bender (Leverkusen) is the "backup option" or plan-B.
HSK
Getting the hang of it

Postby smaw2010 » Mon May 28, 2012 2:52 am

It was rumoured that Nerlinger was in Spain. It is only possible that we are either getting Martinez or Llorente. I think that Martinez has the larger possibility. We should be ahead of Man City since I haven't heard about ManCity officials going to Spain.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby HSK » Mon May 28, 2012 3:53 am

smaw2010 wrote:It was rumoured that Nerlinger was in Spain. It is only possible that we are either getting Martinez or Llorente. I think that Martinez has the larger possibility. We should be ahead of Man City since I haven't heard about ManCity officials going to Spain.

It's not 'rumored'. He was/is in Spain, he was in the Barcelona vs. Bilbao match and he even signed Claudio Pizarro in his hotel room a couple of days ago in Madrid. It's pretty clear Javi is our main target atm.
HSK
Getting the hang of it

Postby smaw2010 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:26 am

hsk wrote:
smaw2010 wrote:It was rumoured that Nerlinger was in Spain. It is only possible that we are either getting Martinez or Llorente. I think that Martinez has the larger possibility. We should be ahead of Man City since I haven't heard about ManCity officials going to Spain.

It's not 'rumored'. He was/is in Spain, he was in the Barcelona vs. Bilbao match and he even signed Claudio Pizarro in his hotel room a couple of days ago in Madrid. It's pretty clear Javi is our main target atm.

So as long as Nerlinger is not back, we can be sure negotiations are in progress
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News