You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: James Rodríguez [James David Rodríguez Rubio]

Postby Ruht » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:12 pm

He's immensely talented but he is a CAM, not a winger. He could play on the wing but is much more effective when played in the middle.

I would absolutely love to have him but I don't think we can accommodate him. That and the fact that he said he'd love to play for either one of Barca or Madrid makes the transfer seem impossible.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Min » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:17 pm

Ruht wrote:He's immensely talented but he is a CAM, not a winger. He could play on the wing but is much more effective when played in the middle.

I would absolutely love to have him but I don't think we can accommodate him. That and the fact that he said he'd love to play for either one of Barca or Madrid makes the transfer seem impossible.

That is true what you said, but versatility is the main thing of this diamond player so he can effectively play on the wings as well. If I was Bayern manager, I would go for this kid whatever it takes. We need to start to think about Robbery replacement. Since probability of us getting Reus next summer is very slim, Rodriguez would be excellent fit in Pep's system. And for many many years, by the way.
Min
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:27 pm

Ruht wrote:he'd love to play for either one of Barca or Madrid makes the transfer seem impossible.

The first time I've seen him, I knew he'd flirt with Real M., I don't want a Real M. flirter in our team, he obviously is an awesome player, but he is not the only awesome young player around.

If Bayern wants to get him, they can get him, all we need is to give them lotsa lotsa money that we have but we won't give cause we're not that insane.

Playing for Monaco? I don't see why he wouldn't join Bayern. It's just matter of money.

Forget about it, we won't go after him.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby bastos80 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:34 pm

I'd rather sign Max Meyer and Goretzka tbh. 8)
Apparently Hater of German Players #1
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Min » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:15 pm

I would not sign neither Max Meyer nor Goretzka. Both are not proven at the highest level yet.
I checked James' salary at As Monaco: 6 mln euros netto/season. Massive sum, but Gotze gets the same money from us.
Min
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby runaway » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:36 pm

We're not going to get him. He's obviosly a money whore. Great talent but we already have CAMs and wingers. Let Madrid have him so they can stay the fck away of our Toni.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Ruht » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:49 am

Min wrote:
Ruht wrote:He's immensely talented but he is a CAM, not a winger. He could play on the wing but is much more effective when played in the middle.

That is true what you said, but versatility is the main thing of this diamond player so he can effectively play on the wings as well. If I was Bayern manager, I would go for this kid whatever it takes. We need to start to think about Robbery replacement. Since probability of us getting Reus next summer is very slim, Rodriguez would be excellent fit in Pep's system. And for many many years, by the way.

I'd take Griezmann in a heartbeat!

Latin American players are hard to sign since almost all of them always dream of playing for Barca or Real. Add to that the fact that Monaco don't need money and you are looking at a sum of nearly £60m or more. I'd be over the moon if we get him, don't get me wrong, I just don't see it happening.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby zuki46 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:26 pm

Ruht wrote:
Min wrote:

I'd take Griezmann in a heartbeat!

Latin American players are hard to sign since almost all of them always dream of playing for Barca or Real. Add to that the fact that Monaco don't need money and you are looking at a sum of nearly £60m or more. I'd be over the moon if we get him, don't get me wrong, I just don't see it happening.

I agree Griezman is a better choice but we are full at the moment and with the players we already have are great.
zuki46
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Albania

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:10 pm

Sport-Bild reporter Raimund Hinko has suggested that FC Bayern could move for James Rodríguez should Toni Kroos leave. AS Monaco have however paid €45m for him, and will want €50m-€60m for his release. [source]

Can't see tweet? Click here!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:16 pm

I don't see us spending such amounts of money to be honest.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:18 pm

MoFattal wrote:I don't see us spending such amounts of money to be honest.

Who knows? So far, FC Bayern have only signed two players on free transfers.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:20 pm

Then I wouldn't mind at all getting him. He's a great attacking midfielder who can play both centrally and on the wings.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Min » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:32 pm

MUTU wrote:
Sport-Bild reporter Raimund Hinko has suggested that FC Bayern could move for James Rodríguez should Toni Kroos leave. AS Monaco have however paid €45m for him, and will want €50m-€60m for his release. [source]

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Too good to be true. One thing, Bayern will never pay so much money for a single player. Another thing, Rodriguez wants to Real Madrid. I can't see this happening at all.
Min
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Tedesco » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:44 pm

If Kroos really leaves now, then the cash could be used in this purchase.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:51 pm

Min wrote:One thing, Bayern will never pay so much money for a single player.

If Bayern gets €25M for Kroos, then they have to sign players, otherwise this turns into a record negative transfer period finance-wise with a negative 25M spent. Usually Bayern spend over €30M. If they sell Kroos for 25M and sign Rodriguez for 55M, that's your €30M expenditure right there.

At this point, it's just speculation on what could happen rather than rumours that Bayern are indeed interested, so the chance of this materialising is very low. Still, if Bayern are really interested I fail to see it as completely farfetched.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News