You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Gareth Bale

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Gareth Bale

Postby Element » Sun May 16, 2010 10:00 am

Miera82 posted this

miera82 wrote:BAYERN MUNICH SHOW INTEREST IN TOTTENHAM STAR GARETH BALE

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... reth-Bale/

He is A Great LB and Deserves A Thread , Manchester United Are Fighting to get Him
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Garth Bale

Postby MunchenFC » Sun May 16, 2010 11:08 am

Element wrote:Miera82 posted this

miera82 wrote:BAYERN MUNICH SHOW INTEREST IN TOTTENHAM STAR GARETH BALE

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... reth-Bale/

He is A Great LB and Deserves A Thread , Manchester United Are Fighting to get Him

Okay, you pretty much summed it up yourself.
If Man U are fighting for him and he's an Englishman (actually Welsh), why would he decide to go to FC Bayern?
I don't really see him leaving Tottenham (after they qualified for Europe), let alone leaving the EPL for the Bundesliga.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a fabulous player, I just don't think it's quite realistic an idea of him coming to FC Bayern.
I also think that Redknapp switched him to LW instead of LB in a lot of his recent "stand out" performances, so I'm not really quite sure about his defense.

And a couple of questions:
1. If we won't start Conteno because he is "too young and inexperienced", then what changes for Bale as he is also 20 years of age?
2. If we are going to spend the money necessary to get Bale, shouldn't we maybe consider someone a bit more experienced and proven like Clichy?

What say you, Element?
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Sun May 16, 2010 11:12 am

MunchenFC wrote:What say you, Element?

Get A World class LB whose age is over 25 Years old
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MunchenFC » Sun May 16, 2010 11:25 am

Element wrote:
MunchenFC wrote:What say you, Element?

Get A World class LB whose age is over 25 Years old

That sounds good.
Although I'm not sure how many LBs fit that category.
So I think maybe signing someone like Zhirkov or Clichy for 2/3 years, then just letting them move on and starting Contento once he has matured/gained experience would be a great plan as well.

What say you... van Gaal?
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Sun May 16, 2010 12:16 pm

MunchenFC wrote:o I think maybe signing someone like Zhirkov or Clichy for 2/3 years, then just letting them move on and starting Contento once he has matured/gained experience would be a great plan as well.

Zhirkov is Back on the Bench

so we can get him if we pay 20 million euros
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Bayern33 » Sun May 16, 2010 1:05 pm

not going to happen ever
Bayern33
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun May 16, 2010 6:46 pm

I don't think Bale would come here...

Still, he's on my list of preferred full-backs, although I never mentioned him because like I said, I don't think he'll ever come here.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby shileno » Sun May 16, 2010 7:02 pm

I prefer to stick with Badstuber and Contento.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby sch0ll7 » Sun May 16, 2010 9:33 pm

He is more of a winger than a Full-back...he is even more offensive than Zhirkov.

But I rate him highly and he will get even better...but there is no way he will be leaving EPL when likes of Man Utd, Chelsea will be the first to sign him if he decides to leave.

And his name is Gareth :D
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby tappinho » Sun May 16, 2010 11:26 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:He is more of a winger than a Full-back...he is even more offensive than Zhirkov.

But I rate him highly and he will get even better...but there is no way he will be leaving EPL when likes of Man Utd, Chelsea will be the first to sign him if he decides to leave.

And his name is Gareth :D

Agreed Scholl7 (can we change the title of the thread?)...
I've watched Spurs' games a lot this season and Bale was their best player in 2010, firstly playing LB and then LW; anyway he got his headlines after scoring against Arsenal and Chelsea as LW... I'm really impressed by the way he plays, he's just a crazy horse on the flank with fantastic skills, and he's soooo young!!
I don't think he'll leave Spurs as he's just signed a new contract, but is a couple of seasons... who knows?
Still missing my dear Deisler...
_____

Neuer mind the Ballacks
tappinho
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bluetiger » Mon May 17, 2010 12:00 am

play contento
sitting on the bench he will never come around
bluetiger
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby degenha2 » Mon May 17, 2010 1:48 am

He's not a LB; he has exploded as a LM because of his pace and crossing/scoring ability. He is not leaving as he just signed a contract extension.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/s ... index.html
BAYERN 2012
---------------------NEUER-----------------------
--SRNA-------DvB-------BADSTUBER-----LAHM--
----------GUSTAVO----------SCHWEINI------------
ROBBEN-------------MULLER--------------RIBERY
----------------------GOMEZ------------------------
degenha2
Woah, this feels cool!

Re: Gareth Bale

Postby Bayern33 » Mon May 17, 2010 1:24 pm

will never happen
Bayern33
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MrLinky » Mon May 17, 2010 2:10 pm

He's had a lot of premature praise coming his way when he moved to Tottenham, labelled as "the next big thing" in European football. Then his career went on a downhill for some time, when you wouldn't hear much about him, until he started impressing again in the Premier League in the last few months. He's very talented, no doubt about it, for the further process of his development it's best if he stays where he's at right now. Young players tend to be shaky in their performances and need to get used to constantly play on a certain level. Being a Welshman, the next logical step in his career will be a move to one of the big four in England, I don't think we'd have much of a chance. When was the last time a footballer from somewhere in Great Britain, played for Bayern, apart from Hargreaves who went through Bayern's youth academy anyway and was born in Canada ?!
MrLinky
I post all the time

Postby cruz » Mon May 17, 2010 4:33 pm

Bale is too important for Tottenham, I don't think they gon sell any player of their starting XI...

great player, no doubt, played lately as left midfielder...

unfortunately I don't think that we'll get him

is this topic necessery any more??? :wink:
cruz
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News