You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Gabriel Jesus [Gabriel Fernando de Jesus]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Gabriel Jesus [Gabriel Fernando de Jesus]

Postby itisrising » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:03 pm

Think he still needs to polish his game as a ST. Thankfully, we have Kun who is the best in the business and I think he'll learn so much training with him!
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Roonzil » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:15 pm

itisrising wrote:
nnemani92 wrote:
itisrising wrote: I feel Bayern lacks a certain identity which doesn't make the club as attractive.

Bayern Munich lack identity and aren't as attractive, you have got to be kidding me. We are the gold standard for a sporting business. Had Sane and Jesus come to Bayern, they would have played third fiddle to Ribery, Robben, Costa and Coman. We are among the top 3 clubs in the world and the most we have spent on a single player till date is 40m €.
As far as us not being attractive enough, that's plain rubbish. Renato Sanches joined us on a 3m/year, 5 year contract. The same goes for Javi Martinez. Players take pay cuts to play for Bayern. Manchester United courted these guys for months, if I am not mistaken, before they eventually agreed to join Bayern. Other players that snubbed United to join us - Neuer, Thiago, Lewandowski, not to mention United even made a world record bid for Müller last year only to be turned away. Kroos left for Madrid because Thiago had essentially replaced him in mid field. Bayern isn't a stepping stone anymore, its the final destination everyone aspires to end up at.
As far as Mourinho and Pep being better coaches than Carlo goes, its really a toss up. Yes, the two of them are probably the more flamboyant but that doesn't mean better and even though Carlo has been around longer he has also won more champions league titles than the two of them. In all honesty, I don't think we would even consider Mourinho for the coaching job at Bayern, the guy probably makes most Bayern fans want to puke and I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that he would eventually end up hurting our brand. Mind games and disrespecting opponents all the time, its just not how we roll. Had either Klopp or Ancelotti been available I doubt Mourinho would end up at United.
About spending power, we won't break the bank the way premier league teams do, but guess what, you don't have to, to be successful, Juve, Dortmund and Athletico have an approach thats more similar to Bayern's than that of big spending clubs and they have all been hugely successful. At the end of the day its not spending power, but success that defines attractiveness of a certain club and over the past few years Bayern have been as successful as any of the big clubs.
Lastly, as far as worldwide popularity goes, we are second to Barcelona in terms of shirt sales, that's more than United, City and Madrid and we have the most number of registered members for a football club anywhere in the world.
I don't mean to be offensive or disrespectful and don't get me wrong I wish City all the best, but come on, get real.

Firstly, this has nothing to do with Bayern's sporting success. Yes, you are a big club and a very successful one. However, the point at hand is that you don't have the global reach of a Barcelona, Madrid or even United. These clubs have a reach far beyond their homeland which is something Bayern don't quite have. Manchester United are huge in Asian countries and Barca and Madrid have the South American continent and global superstars (Messi and Ronaldo) which increase that. When I mention City, it's because we've begun building our brand beyond Manchester. We're the fasting growing side in the world in terms of fanbase (Yes, you can call them glory-hunters). Because of this, our financial power, our world-class facilities and Pep, we're becoming one of the most attractive places for players to go. Bayern are in a much smaller league in terms of financials and interest and speak a language that isn't widely spoken which are factors that go against it. Bayern have near 3M followers on Twitter which is far behind the 18M of Barca and 20M of Madrid. There's a reason Bayern are trying to break into the North American market because it knows it's behind other clubs who are ahead of it in terms of branding and identity.

Where do you even get your numbers? Fastest growing...building a brand beyond Manchester....What do you think Bayern are doing? Knitting jumpers in their backyard? We went from 2 to over 100 fanclubs in the USA alone, within 2 years.

And the "City brand" so far, is nothing more than Pep. I honestly don't know a single person in real life who calls themselves a Manchester City fan. And I have yet to see a ManCity jersey on the streets....Or even in the shops. They might start to like the brand of football, or the 'dreams' the sell...but ManCity will be a PSG, not a Barca. Dependent on single individuals with their own 'built in fanbase'.

Also, good bloody luck with the glory hunters...I mean that, they're the most annoying fans you can have :lol:
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby nnemani92 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:33 am

itisrising wrote:Firstly, this has nothing to do with Bayern's sporting success. Yes, you are a big club and a very successful one. However, the point at hand is that you don't have the global reach of a Barcelona, Madrid or even United. These clubs have a reach far beyond their homeland which is something Bayern don't quite have. Manchester United are huge in Asian countries and Barca and Madrid have the South American continent and global superstars (Messi and Ronaldo) which increase that. When I mention City, it's because we've begun building our brand beyond Manchester. We're the fasting growing side in the world in terms of fanbase (Yes, you can call them glory-hunters). Because of this, our financial power, our world-class facilities and Pep, we're becoming one of the most attractive places for players to go. Bayern are in a much smaller league in terms of financials and interest and speak a language that isn't widely spoken which are factors that go against it. Bayern have near 3M followers on Twitter which is far behind the 18M of Barca and 20M of Madrid. There's a reason Bayern are trying to break into the North American market because it knows it's behind other clubs who are ahead of it in terms of branding and identity.

I agree, Madrid and Barca are the only other teams that can claim to be bigger then Bayern, and its not as if they don't have problems of their own. The other clubs simply aren't at that level yet. As far as City being a more attractive place goes, Pep is the only thing you have got going for you right now, he is a great coach and I think he has improved a lot of players. Specifically, if we look at Sane and Jesus, their transfer fees and wages were well within the realm of what Bayern or the other two can afford, the only reason they went to City is that they will virtually be shoo-in starters. The only people these two have for competition are Raheem Sterling (the less said about him the better) and David Silva (I haven't seen him play recently, but reviews written about him for last season aren't great, which might be unfair considering the whole team under performed, I'll reserve my opinion of him). If they want to play on the wings at Bayern, they have Robben, Ribery, Costa and Coman ahead of them, and if Gabriel wants to play behind the striker he will have to compete with Muller and Thiago who are basically at the peak of their powers and it would probably be the same at the other two clubs, you can't even begin to compare the competition. As young players I think they did what's best for their career and congratulations for having signed them but, this doesn't make City a more attractive club overnight. When given a choice between those three teams and anything else every player will opt to play for one of those three teams. Also, honestly, I have never seen a player decide for a particular club because it has better facilities, all big clubs have great facilities, the weather is probably a factor they consider more seriously.
Lastly, about twitter. Yes, Bayern probably don't have as many twitter followers, its probably due to the language barriers and cultural reasons. But, I follow at least 20 teams on twitter, doesn't mean I like all those teams. Shirt sales according to me are a much more comprehensive metric for analyzing brand recognition because I might like a lot of teams but I will only buy the shirt of the club I actually follow. Like I said, right now Bayern are not doing too bad in that department.
nnemani92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Larhm » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:17 pm

We don't really have to argue with people who are supporting some shetty club elsewhere. All that matters is Bayern are doing well and have a wicked squad this coming season already.
Larhm
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Coman » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:45 pm

itisrising wrote:Think he still needs to polish his game as a ST. Thankfully, we have Kun who is the best in the business.

Never was, never is, never will be.

Suarez is by far the best.
Lewandowski is just after.
Benzema is 3rd.

Maximum 4th for Aguero.
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:50 pm

Gotta take of those red tinted glasses every once in a while, Aguero is an example of a consummate professional and a world class striker all professionals should strive to be....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:13 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Gotta take of those red tinted glasses every once in a while, Aguero is an example of a consummate professional and a world class striker all professionals should strive to be....

Not as good as Lewy, Suarez or Benz, though.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nm462272 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:55 pm

Needs to try staying healthy once in a while
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby itisrising » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:19 am

Best in the business in terms of movement off the ball and positioning lads.

Larhm wrote:We don't really have to argue with people who are supporting some shetty club elsewhere. All that matters is Bayern are doing well and have a wicked squad this coming season already.

It's an international forum mate. I support my team and you do yours. Doesn't mean people can't discuss different viewpoint.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:06 am

itisrising wrote:Best in the business in terms of movement off the ball and positioning lads.

You can't exactly say that in a forum where most of the members watch Thomas Müller on a weekly basis :lol:
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Roonzil » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:14 am

itisrising wrote:Best in the business in terms of movement off the ball and positioning lads.

Larhm wrote:We don't really have to argue with people who are supporting some shetty club elsewhere. All that matters is Bayern are doing well and have a wicked squad this coming season already.

It's an international forum mate. I support my team and you do yours. Doesn't mean people can't discuss different viewpoint.

It's a Bayern forum, you should expect to face bias here. :coffee:
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby JANCKER » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:15 pm

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby SBash22 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:00 am

Man U and City are both great clubs with great players and coaches

I just hate the idea that players are going to EPL teams over a club like Bayern due to prestige or whatever.... and they lack the appeal that EPL teams have

add to that.... Bayern's roster is more talented than anyone in the EPL and its not even close
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SBash22 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:03 am

nm462272 wrote:Needs to try staying healthy once in a while

I'm an Aguero fan.... I still think his league winning goal for QPR was one of the coolest moments I've ever watched live

but I have a feeling the Aguero/Pep pairing is going to be a disaster..... Aguero always seems to have muscle issues and it feels like the same applies to Pep's players....

I just have a feeling he's gonna miss alot of time under Pep and Pep is gonna become frustrated with him and look for another striker
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Coman » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News