You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Gabriel Jesus [Gabriel Fernando de Jesus]

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Gabriel Jesus [Gabriel Fernando de Jesus]

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:03 am

itisrising wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Bayern got money and runs debt-free unlike all other big clubs... we spend sensibly... we are the best run club in the world, simple as that.

I think we are but that's besides the point in many regards. Bayern don't have the allure that Barca and Madrid do. You see kids from all over the world dreaming to play for the big two. Bayern don't have that sort of worldwide appeal. City and United have 2 of the most sought after managers - managers that players would dream of playing under. Add to that the financial power that we have because Premier League clubs are more willing to spend. Bayern is in the in between where it lacks the attractiveness to match it's profile as a club imo.

Re our appeal... It must be the language..
Most talents speak either Spanish or Portugese... Or French...
Also our league has no expo in S.America also cause of the language.
Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:43 am

ramsej84 wrote:
itisrising wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Bayern got money and runs debt-free unlike all other big clubs... we spend sensibly... we are the best run club in the world, simple as that.

I think we are but that's besides the point in many regards. Bayern don't have the allure that Barca and Madrid do. You see kids from all over the world dreaming to play for the big two. Bayern don't have that sort of worldwide appeal. City and United have 2 of the most sought after managers - managers that players would dream of playing under. Add to that the financial power that we have because Premier League clubs are more willing to spend. Bayern is in the in between where it lacks the attractiveness to match it's profile as a club imo.

Re our appeal... It must be the language..
Most talents speak either Spanish or Portugese... Or French...
Also our league has no expo in S.America also cause of the language.

Bundesliga is available on S.American TV. They ussually put about 6 games per weekend (including all of ours and BVBs). The problem is more cultural; Madrid and Barça have an identity affinity, Bayern can't have that. OTOH, I haven't yet met a City fan xD several United fans, a couple of pool and even a couple of Chelski's (my brother being one -.-), but not a single City fan.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nnemani92 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:37 am

itisrising wrote: I feel Bayern lacks a certain identity which doesn't make the club as attractive.

Bayern Munich lack identity and aren't as attractive, you have got to be kidding me. We are the gold standard for a sporting business. Had Sane and Jesus come to Bayern, they would have played third fiddle to Ribery, Robben, Costa and Coman. We are among the top 3 clubs in the world and the most we have spent on a single player till date is 40m €.
As far as us not being attractive enough, that's plain rubbish. Renato Sanches joined us on a 3m/year, 5 year contract. The same goes for Javi Martinez. Players take pay cuts to play for Bayern. Manchester United courted these guys for months, if I am not mistaken, before they eventually agreed to join Bayern. Other players that snubbed United to join us - Neuer, Thiago, Lewandowski, not to mention United even made a world record bid for Müller last year only to be turned away. Kroos left for Madrid because Thiago had essentially replaced him in mid field. Bayern isn't a stepping stone anymore, its the final destination everyone aspires to end up at.
As far as Mourinho and Pep being better coaches than Carlo goes, its really a toss up. Yes, the two of them are probably the more flamboyant but that doesn't mean better and even though Carlo has been around longer he has also won more champions league titles than the two of them. In all honesty, I don't think we would even consider Mourinho for the coaching job at Bayern, the guy probably makes most Bayern fans want to puke and I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that he would eventually end up hurting our brand. Mind games and disrespecting opponents all the time, its just not how we roll. Had either Klopp or Ancelotti been available I doubt Mourinho would end up at United.
About spending power, we won't break the bank the way premier league teams do, but guess what, you don't have to, to be successful, Juve, Dortmund and Athletico have an approach thats more similar to Bayern's than that of big spending clubs and they have all been hugely successful. At the end of the day its not spending power, but success that defines attractiveness of a certain club and over the past few years Bayern have been as successful as any of the big clubs.
Lastly, as far as worldwide popularity goes, we are second to Barcelona in terms of shirt sales, that's more than United, City and Madrid and we have the most number of registered members for a football club anywhere in the world.
I don't mean to be offensive or disrespectful and don't get me wrong I wish City all the best, but come on, get real.
nnemani92
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:17 am

I fully agree with itisrising, although "identity" is not the right word - I fully understand what you mean considering no one dreams of playing for Bayern and our global recognition is poor. The word you're looking for is "branding".

Sorry guys, but Bayern's brand is shit. Uli did all he could for the past few decades but the DFB's not helping.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby SBash22 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:23 am

players go where they can make the most money.... if Bayern was paying money like the Manchester clubs were, guess what, it would attract a ton of top talent as well.... thinking otherwise is silly

the identity of EPL teams is "overpaying transfer fees/wages by about 30%"..... and there is nothing wrong with that since the clubs have the money and the players want to make the most money

but acting like "club identity" or "club prestige" or some nonsense like that is why someone like Sane went to the EPL is just ridiculous and laughable
SBash22
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:39 am

I'm not sure if you can boil it down to such a simple conclusion (although it's certainly a factor). Socio-personal factors are also a big deal. The kid, even if he's spent his entire life in favelas, can still surely say "hello", "thank you" and "bye". The step to learning a seemingly byzantine language in a city seldom covered by pop culture is something any person will dread in the back of their mind. And this is not getting into the inherent perceived positives of the Iberian peninsula...
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:51 am

itisrising wrote:I think we are but that's besides the point in many regards. Bayern don't have the allure that Barca and Madrid do. You see kids from all over the world dreaming to play for the big two. Bayern don't have that sort of worldwide appeal. City and United have 2 of the most sought after managers - managers that players would dream of playing under. Add to that the financial power that we have because Premier League clubs are more willing to spend. Bayern is in the in between where it lacks the attractiveness to match it's profile as a club imo.

United are so attractive that they've taken every player which both them and Bayern targeted and also managed to take every Bayern player they ever wanted except for Schweinsteiger. Oh wait :mrgreen:

There are a lot of factors at play here. I do think City are more attractive this summer, but being so for one summer only does not make you a more attractive club overall. Players are aware that City have a new coach who is clearly rebuilding the squad and City are willing to give him all the money he needs to do so. They know they'll play if Pep targets them now but it'll be different in a year's time. At the same time you have Bayern who aren't willing to spend a lot of money because for the most part we don't need to. Can you blame us? Look at our record in the 2010s. We've played in 6 out of 7 CL semi finals and in 3 out of 7 finals. We're obviously happy with our squad unlike Pep, and Bayern have always been about retaining players more than signing new ones and we are one of the best clubs at retaining our stars (if you plan to rebut this please come up with more examples of significant players than just Kroos :mrgreen: ). That says just as much about our attractiveness considering we don't throw as much money towards players as the British clubs do. And yet I'll go out on a limb and say Hummels is a bigger player than any you've bought this summer and Sanches is also the bigger talent (although in a different position so apples and oranges).

Now I'll just go spend the rest of my morning pondering why Renato chose United, why Lewandowski didn't wait a year for Bayern and joined Real Madrid instead, why Ribery left us for Real, why Hummels joined Barca... :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:10 am

Bayern lack identity which City have? Yeah, right

Also: you got de Bruyne cause we didn't want him badly, we were never in for Sané and you don't know about Jesus... Let's keep to the facts here: you got at least two of those because they didn't want to wait... But you were still second choice at best ;)
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:11 pm

itisrising wrote:Bayern don't have the allure that Barca and Madrid do. You see kids from all over the world dreaming to play for the big two. Bayern don't have that sort of worldwide appeal.

Beats the hell out of spending a billion bucks and still have less of a fan base than Arsenal. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Roonzil » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:17 pm

itisrising wrote:Bayern don't have the allure that Barca and Madrid do. You see kids from all over the world dreaming to play for the big two. Bayern don't have that sort of worldwide appeal.

Can't see tweet? Click here!
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby ottackon » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:25 pm

Bayern are potentially the biggest club in the world, if we take into account our current position and the fact that the Internationalization of the club has really started only lately. As a matter of fact, we have a much larger margin for growth than all the other big clubs who have taken the lead on us in the US and Asian markets.
Besides, I sincerely think that the Bundesliga in general has the best prospects of any major league in Europe and I would not be surprised if in ten years, the TV rights will be at the same level as those of the PL, which is precisely the objective of the DFL.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:23 pm

We also have the best international forum of any club. :P
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby itisrising » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:00 pm

nnemani92 wrote:
itisrising wrote: I feel Bayern lacks a certain identity which doesn't make the club as attractive.

Bayern Munich lack identity and aren't as attractive, you have got to be kidding me. We are the gold standard for a sporting business. Had Sane and Jesus come to Bayern, they would have played third fiddle to Ribery, Robben, Costa and Coman. We are among the top 3 clubs in the world and the most we have spent on a single player till date is 40m €.
As far as us not being attractive enough, that's plain rubbish. Renato Sanches joined us on a 3m/year, 5 year contract. The same goes for Javi Martinez. Players take pay cuts to play for Bayern. Manchester United courted these guys for months, if I am not mistaken, before they eventually agreed to join Bayern. Other players that snubbed United to join us - Neuer, Thiago, Lewandowski, not to mention United even made a world record bid for Müller last year only to be turned away. Kroos left for Madrid because Thiago had essentially replaced him in mid field. Bayern isn't a stepping stone anymore, its the final destination everyone aspires to end up at.
As far as Mourinho and Pep being better coaches than Carlo goes, its really a toss up. Yes, the two of them are probably the more flamboyant but that doesn't mean better and even though Carlo has been around longer he has also won more champions league titles than the two of them. In all honesty, I don't think we would even consider Mourinho for the coaching job at Bayern, the guy probably makes most Bayern fans want to puke and I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that he would eventually end up hurting our brand. Mind games and disrespecting opponents all the time, its just not how we roll. Had either Klopp or Ancelotti been available I doubt Mourinho would end up at United.
About spending power, we won't break the bank the way premier league teams do, but guess what, you don't have to, to be successful, Juve, Dortmund and Athletico have an approach thats more similar to Bayern's than that of big spending clubs and they have all been hugely successful. At the end of the day its not spending power, but success that defines attractiveness of a certain club and over the past few years Bayern have been as successful as any of the big clubs.
Lastly, as far as worldwide popularity goes, we are second to Barcelona in terms of shirt sales, that's more than United, City and Madrid and we have the most number of registered members for a football club anywhere in the world.
I don't mean to be offensive or disrespectful and don't get me wrong I wish City all the best, but come on, get real.

Firstly, this has nothing to do with Bayern's sporting success. Yes, you are a big club and a very successful one. However, the point at hand is that you don't have the global reach of a Barcelona, Madrid or even United. These clubs have a reach far beyond their homeland which is something Bayern don't quite have. Manchester United are huge in Asian countries and Barca and Madrid have the South American continent and global superstars (Messi and Ronaldo) which increase that. When I mention City, it's because we've begun building our brand beyond Manchester. We're the fasting growing side in the world in terms of fanbase (Yes, you can call them glory-hunters). Because of this, our financial power, our world-class facilities and Pep, we're becoming one of the most attractive places for players to go. Bayern are in a much smaller league in terms of financials and interest and speak a language that isn't widely spoken which are factors that go against it. Bayern have near 3M followers on Twitter which is far behind the 18M of Barca and 20M of Madrid. There's a reason Bayern are trying to break into the North American market because it knows it's behind other clubs who are ahead of it in terms of branding and identity.
itisrising
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:57 pm

However Bayern is #1 in terms of paid members... We took over from Benfic three seasons ago. That is also very important.

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Coman » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:16 pm

15 minutes against South Africa. And South African wingers impressed me way more than Jesus and Barbosa.

But it's just 15 minutes ...

Wait and see.
Bayern 3-3-3-1 build-up under Heynckes :
Neuer - Boateng Hummels Thiago - Kimmich Vidal Alaba - Robben Müller James - Lewandowski
Neuer- Boateng Vidal Hummels- Kimmich Martinez Alaba- Robben James Ribéry- Lewandowski
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News