You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Franck Ribéry

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Franck Ribéry

Postby Danger » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:09 pm

Bayern are still trying to sign French medfielder Franck Ribery from Marseille , to replace Hasan Salihamidzic ( contract expire in 2007 ) . Bayern will offer 20 million Euros to convince Franck Ribery .
(Source : Bild magazine )

-What do you think about Franck Ribery ?
-Do you think Bayern can afford that huge offer ?
-Can Bayern compete with other big clubs and win the deal ?
-Are you with or against the departure of Hasan Salihamidzic ?
Danger
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:00 pm

Bild are liars. It could be possible, but I doubt it.
PS: moved this to the transfer talk forum.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BMike86 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:44 pm

It depends on how far we go in the CL. that money can really be used if we make it an extra round or two farter. I think we'd need to address the striker situation with what do we do with Makaay and Pizarro. Makaay is getting old, Pizarro wanted out a couple times and contract expires. So we will have to see so the only other thing is that right flank. I'd probably cream my pants if we somehow landed Ribery. The only thing that could possibly work in our favor is him playin still for Marseille. Because he could sort of fade from some clubs interests, he will still cost a lot, but wed have a better chance next summer compared to this past summer. Because it would be impossible to get him this past summer, no chance. I think we could shoot up into that mega-club of europe status if we could land him and maintain our club we have now
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:51 pm

Before staging bids, though, I'm sure the club will want to see how Deisler gets along.

I think Ribery would add value to the team, but I don't think he'd make a massive difference. I believe that our biggest problem is that the players don't seem to have enough confidence and belief in themselves. Their morale always seems to be low. They seem make a lot of mistakes in high profile matches.
Last edited by MUTU on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:42 pm

Isn't Ribery a winger?.
He is definitely a good replacement for Brazzo...in fact better than replacement...:D

Can Bayern afford him?..
Ofcourse they can...they are the top earners in CL since it's inception. they are just piling up the money...:P...
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Re: Franck Ribery

Postby Mirage » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:48 pm

Danger wrote:Bayern are still trying to sign French medfielder Franck Ribery from Marseille , to replace Hasan Salihamidzic ( contract expire in 2007 ) . Bayern will offer 20 million Euros to convince Franck Ribery .
(Source : Bild magazine )

-What do you think about Franck Ribery ?
-Do you think Bayern can afford that huge offer ?
-Can Bayern compete with other big clubs and win the deal ?
-Are you with or against the departure of Hasan Salihamidzic ?

I'm against the departure of Hasan. I think he's a valuable player :(
Ribery would be cool, and Bayern can afford it. I don't know much about the guy other than he's meant to be quite good.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby schwarzes » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:51 am

I thk it is worth getting ribery over to bayern.Dun thk that many clubs are getting him over since there have been much transfers in those big clubs( more or less their funds are depleted)As for Hasan Salihamidzic,I guess he can make way for ribery.
schwarzes
Getting the hang of it

Postby BMike86 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:24 pm

schwarzes wrote:I thk it is worth getting ribery over to bayern.Dun thk that many clubs are getting him over since there have been much transfers in those big clubs( more or less their funds are depleted)As for Hasan Salihamidzic,I guess he can make way for ribery.

Well first off other clubs aren't afraid to go deeper into debt. Bayern is afraid of that...also, Brazzo is getting up there in age and either might get an option for a 1 year re-sign or he'll move on. Hopefully Bayern will sign him to a 1 year deal and let him decide next year if he wants to retire at FC Bayern. As for Ribery as I believe I stated earlier. This summer would have been impossible to try and get Ribery, not enough funds. We bought Van Buyten, Podolski, and Van Bommel. Just from Podolski and Van Buyten that took us out of the picture to get Ribery this summer. Bayern will only spend around 30 million euros during the transfer session at most even tho they could spend more. But since we signed players for positions we needed we should have at the least a chance to sign Ribery this coming summer. If Sagnol stays that will help, also if Kahn stays then we won't have to look for a backup for Rensing or a replacement for him. And we still are short a midfielder, plus Scholl is leaving I believe so it'd be ideal to land Ribery. And Ribery doesn't need much to work with, he creates himself. He is a self made player who doesnt really have to rely on the rest of the club...so he'd be a phenomenal pick up if we could actually get him
BMike86
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:58 pm

Kahn has until 2008, and Scholl might retire but not leave for another club. He's married to Bayern. Sagnol has until 2010 on his contract... he can only leave if Bayern accept to sell him. If Bayern _do_ sell him, it would be a shot in the leg... he is our best player for the time being. The number of precise crosses he throws into the opposing box is just... incredible.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fanOfBayern » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:27 am

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... ibery+raid

I have always had a feeling that Bayern will make some serious moves in this direction..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:59 am

rumours... but still interesting! ;)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:20 pm

Here's a good video on Ribery:

MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fa » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:26 pm

I'm afraid we ll have to forget about bringing Ribery to the Bundesliga. There are 2 big problems:

-he already stated he wants to play for an English team with a French manager (aka Arsenal) so he can link up with fellow national teammates Henry and Gallas.
-When the other big guns in Europa start bidding for Ribery, Bayern ll have to pass.. we just can't compete with them financially, and also its against Bayern's philosofy to spend big

I rather see Bayern buy a croatian winger like Srna who costs less to replace Hassan..
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby kevh26 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:14 am

if we want to prove ourselves as being on of europe's big players then we have to throw aside our philosophy of spending money like that, he's young, good and has bags of potential, the guy is perfect for die bundesliga, and would be an ideal replacement for salihamidzic

one thing that video does prove is that selling diarra from our reserve team was a great decision
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:20 am

kevh26 wrote:one thing that video does prove is that selling diarra from our reserve team was a great decision

Hmmm I smell irony here :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Next

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News