You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Franck Ribéry

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Postby fcelber87 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:50 am

I hate to be the downer, but I think Bayern have little to no chance capturing Ribery's or Quaresma's signatures at this point in time. These players want to win the Champions League just as much as the next player, but they dont want to do it with a team they think is unstable. The one way, and perhaps the only way Bayern can attract highly rated stars is if they reach a "respectable" stage in the CL. Say Bayern make the semis, then players like Ribery and Quaresma will think "Hey, I could contribute one step more." I refuse to believe, however, that FCB is not a world class team. Teamwork, heart and passion win games, though a star player wouldnt hurt.
fcelber87
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:07 am

I know for a fact that Bayern is not a world class team for a few years now. Sorry but that´s the truth.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:35 pm

Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer expects Marseille midfielder Franck Ribery to join Real Madrid in the summer.

Beckenbauer is a huge admirer of the talented France winger and would like to bring him to the Allianz Arena.

Real also want to sign the former Galatasaray star and David Beckham's departure to MLS side LA Galaxy leaves them in pole position to sign Ribery.

"It seems logical to me to see him [Ribery] in a Real Madrid shirt next season as David Beckham plays in the same position," declared Beckenbauer to Marca.

"Bayern do need an attacking midfielder like Deco, Lionel Messi or Diego."

Ribery was also a top target for Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger during last year's World Cup finals, when he helped France reach the final.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby diegis » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:15 am

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will go head-to-head with Real Madrid for Olympique Marseille ace Franck Ribery.

Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer conceded defeat to Real this week in their battle for France international winger Ribery. However, the Mirror says the Spanish giants won't have a clear run at the Frenchman with Arsenal also keen.

Marseille are demanding £15 million for the all-action midfielder.
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby fa » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:05 pm

supr4king wrote:Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will go head-to-head with Real Madrid for Olympique Marseille ace Franck Ribery.

Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer conceded defeat to Real this week in their battle for France international winger Ribery. However, the Mirror says the Spanish giants won't have a clear run at the Frenchman with Arsenal also keen.

If he's only at 15 Million then why is Bayern defeated? We can spend about 30-40 million, so even with the signing of Sosa (about 10million) there would still be enough to compete. But 15 million for Ribery sounds a bit strange to me, Aguero was signed by Athletico Madrid last year for 25 million !!! And he was only 18-19 years old, with no international experience.. so imo, Ribery is worth more than 25 million allthough much will depend on when his contract at Marseille expires.
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby diegis » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:54 pm

fa wrote:
supr4king wrote:Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will go head-to-head with Real Madrid for Olympique Marseille ace Franck Ribery.

If he's only at 15 Million then why is Bayern defeated? We can spend about 30-40 million, so even with the signing of Sosa (about 10million) there would still be enough to compete. But 15 million for Ribery sounds a bit strange to me, Aguero was signed by Athletico Madrid last year for 25 million !!! And he was only 18-19 years old, with no international experience.. so imo, Ribery is worth more than 25 million allthough much will depend on when his contract at Marseille expires.

they want £15 million
i think thats 22-25mil euros :P
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MUTU » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:04 pm

I think he is within our reach financially. The problem however is that we'd have to compete with the high wages offered by the other clubs.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Paddy » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:17 pm

And I think he wouldn´t want to come to Bayern.
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:28 pm

The Marseille winger is one of the hottest properties in European football, with Bayern and the Gunners believed to be lining up £14million bids when the transfer window reopens in the New Year.

However, the German giants are certain Ribery will end up in Spain with Real Madrid as the Galacticos look for a replacement for LA Galaxy-bound David Beckham.

"It seems logical to me to see him (Ribery) in a Real Madrid shirt next season as David Beckham plays in the same position," said Bayern president Franz Beckenbauer to Marca.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby yoanna » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:43 pm

MUTU wrote:"It seems logical to me to see him (Ribery) in a Real Madrid shirt next season as David Beckham plays in the same position," said Bayern president Franz Beckenbauer to Marca.

and where's the logic that?
Franz should be trying his best to get him, instead of pondering the logic of football transfers.
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

The Mysterious Frenchman

Postby xevi » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:16 pm

i reak in a forum that bayern is interested in a frenchman who isn't ribéry. the new is of Zeitung bayern. Bayern is talking about hargreaves' sell and people think that the player of lille could be the new owen. He borned in 1982 so is young. 1.90m.
Last edited by xevi on Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Romana » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:27 pm

i'll try 2 see him the next few mtches to stnd over his talent
:)
Romario & Thomas Brolin

Romana
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Duncan » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:36 pm

Can someone edit the thread title to "mysterious Frenchman". There is no sign of evidence that Bodmer is meant by the short paragraph in the Sueddeutsche Zeitung
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Romana » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:18 pm

Duncan wrote:Can someone edit the thread title to "mysterious Frenchman". There is no sign of evidence that Bodmer is meant by the short paragraph in the Sueddeutsche Zeitung

i can't get ur idea

please simplify :)
Romario & Thomas Brolin

Romana
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tracylynn » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:12 pm

Duncan wrote:Can someone edit the thread title to "mysterious Frenchman". There is no sign of evidence that Bodmer is meant by the short paragraph in the Sueddeutsche Zeitung

Title has been changed. I made it out like it was a title to a book or movie. Do you like?
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News