You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Franck Ribéry

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Postby Paddy » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:36 pm

MUTU wrote:
Paddy wrote:
MUTU wrote:Actually Van Bommel is a more famous player. He won the Champions League last season! And he was highly influential in PSV's CL run a couple of seasons back.

But he was in Barca´s first team only cause of the injuries. And yeah he was good at PSV but he´s no Superstar and Ribery on the other hand is a higly regarded young player.

Where did you see a superstar go to another club for 6mio€? I mean VB is a good player but there are loads better at his position. While Ribery can develop in one of the best midfielders in the world.

When Barcelona bought him, there were a host of clubs after him, Bayern included. This just suggests his importance. Ribery is hardly famous. People just recognise him as a young promising player, whereas MVB is recognised as a player with experience and a true leader. 6 million was a bargain, mainly thanks to him not being a first teamer in Barcelona's star studded team. Didn't Bremen get Diego for 6 million? And he's much younger than MVB as well...

I'm not suggesting MVB is a superstar, but I don't think Ribery is, either. The superstar midfielders are playing (mainly) for Barcelona and Chelsea.

Well judging how many good teams are after Ribery and his preformance at WC he will be (if he´s not yet) one of the best player around.
And Diego wasn´t all that famous before he moved to Werder.
And my primary point was that Bayern haven´t bought a real star since Makaay. They need to invest in high profile players both for quality and marketing value.
Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SNAKE » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:18 am

Paddy wrote:
MUTU wrote:
Paddy wrote:
MUTU wrote:Actually Van Bommel is a more famous player. He won the Champions League last season! And he was highly influential in PSV's CL run a couple of seasons back.

But he was in Barca´s first team only cause of the injuries. And yeah he was good at PSV but he´s no Superstar and Ribery on the other hand is a higly regarded young player.

Where did you see a superstar go to another club for 6mio€? I mean VB is a good player but there are loads better at his position. While Ribery can develop in one of the best midfielders in the world.

When Barcelona bought him, there were a host of clubs after him, Bayern included. This just suggests his importance. Ribery is hardly famous. People just recognise him as a young promising player, whereas MVB is recognised as a player with experience and a true leader. 6 million was a bargain, mainly thanks to him not being a first teamer in Barcelona's star studded team. Didn't Bremen get Diego for 6 million? And he's much younger than MVB as well...

I'm not suggesting MVB is a superstar, but I don't think Ribery is, either. The superstar midfielders are playing (mainly) for Barcelona and Chelsea.

Well judging how many good teams are after Ribery and his preformance at WC he will be (if he´s not yet) one of the best player around.
And Diego wasn´t all that famous before he moved to Werder.
And my primary point was that Bayern haven´t bought a real star since Makaay. They need to invest in high profile players both for quality and marketing value.

Just for the record, Barcelona didnt buy Mark Van Bommel, they signed him on a free transfer, that was one of the reasons Barcelona wanted him, Before I wasnt impressed by Van Bommel, untill he went to play for Barcelona, I'm quite pleased at his performance here at Bayern so far, Van Bommel was and still is regarded as a superstar in The Netherlands and for €6M is one hell of a bargain in my opinion, While Ribery is regarded as a great talent and is wanted through out Europe, Real, Lyon, Bayern, Arsenal etc, Diego was hailed as a potential player aswell, to replace Deco in Porto, unfortunatley for Porto, Diego had to leave. Investing in a high profile players maybe a splendid idea, but that doesnt fit into Bayern's books, Bayern create stars not buy stars like Real,Barca,Chelsea, Bayern has stars already, all Bayern needs is to replace the star that left(Ballack) and replace with a highly potential star like Ribery and Schaludraff. I mean just look at Basti Schweinsteiger,Lahm,Rensing and Ottl they all been with Bayern since the begining and not to mention how many players from our youths sqaud left to other clubs like, Stegmayer,Wessels etc.

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dracus » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:34 am

Sagnol has tried to convince ribery to join bayern.But he has not made his mind yet.Sagnol says that he needs more time
dracus
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby yoanna » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:33 am

dracus wrote:Sagnol has tried to convince ribery to join bayern.But he has not made his mind yet.Sagnol says that he needs more time

is sagnol into players scouting or sth?
anyways, it'd be lovely if he convinced him, highly doubtful nonetheless. he's a world class player, with a serious star potential, it's going to be difficult to lure him into bundesliga.
“Del Piero is a boy who has integrated himself perfectly with the Juventus mentality, a mentality built on style and decorum. He really does deserve to reach this milestone”.

Beppe Furino
yoanna
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:49 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Schweini_rules » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:43 am

thanks for the video mutu , its great.
He definitely is wayy better than robben and well to be realistic ..i must say that deisler no matter how good he is i dont personally think he can escape any further injuries in the future ...i hope im false ..but
We do need Frank in this team.
Willy and Frank ..haa sounds nice :)
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:51 am

Schweini_rules wrote:thanks for the video mutu , its great.
He definitely is wayy better than robben and well to be realistic ..i must say that deisler no matter how good he is i dont personally think he can escape any further injuries in the future ...i hope im false ..but
We do need Frank in this team.
Willy and Frank ..haa sounds nice :)

Dude how can you say he´s way better than Robben. I couldn´t decide who´s better. They are both awsome but Robben has more experience on the top level.
Paddy
I post all the time

Postby Schweini_rules » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:02 am

no man , ribery ...thats who we need ..his bloody aggressive ..he can play some awesome football ..and it seems french succeed in Bayern :D compare to the dutch...well we only have sagnol but look at his success in FCB ..we have schweini and i think i read in the official FCB site that he is going to play on the left in his natural possition ...robben is playing on the left right ?
Robben..plus wer more interested in ribery than any other player . :lol:
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:27 am

Robben can play both on the left and on the right. As far as I know, Ribery only plays on the right. So, this IS a factor. However, having seen both players' video compilations, I am led to believe that Ribery is faster and more technical... his dribbles are fancier... they remind me of Ze Roberto's :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Paddy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:58 am

MUTU wrote:Robben can play both on the left and on the right. As far as I know, Ribery only plays on the right. So, this IS a factor. However, having seen both players' video compilations, I am led to believe that Ribery is faster and more technical... his dribbles are fancier... they remind me of Ze Roberto's :)

Ithink Ribery could play anywhere in the midfield (attacking position) but I really don´t care who they buy out of those 2...they are both great. :D
Paddy
I post all the time

Postby Schweini_rules » Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:24 pm

with Basti fantasti out Hoeness soon will be making an offer to Marseille...im not that sure that ribery would like to join us and in the end we will end up just like SNAKE said in buying "promising" players like dos santos... disaster !
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Paddy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:53 pm

Sagnol: Bayern want Ribery

By Laurent Picard - Created on 18 Jan 2007 (Skysports)

Willy Sagnol has announced that Bayern Munich are still tracking Marseille winger Franck Ribery.

Ribery attracted interest from several of the continent's top clubs following an impressive World Cup in the summer, and he has continued to be linked with a move away from Marseille.

Sagnol urged his French compatriot to join him at Bayern following a recent clash between the sides in Dubai.

And he is now confident Bayern will step in with a bid for Ribery, following the retirement of midfielder Sebastian Deisler earlier this week.

Sagnol feels Ribery is the man to replace Deisler, and believes he will find Bayern difficult to turn down.

"Franck is a real objective for Bayern" Sagnol told Le Parisien.

"The club has been following him since his debut with Marseille.

"But be aware that I don't want to influence Franck's decision. His choice will be personal.

"I just told him about Bayern and of how great it was to play for this club.

"Nobody can be indifferent to interest from Bayern."
Paddy
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:55 pm

Bayern Munich’s French international defender Willy Sagnol has confirmed that the Bundesliga club is in the hunt for international compatriot and Marseille winger Franck Ribery.

"Franck is a real objective for Bayern" Sagnol told Le Parisien.

Arsenal have also expressed a keen desire to bring the 23-year-old Ribery to the Premiership.

Ribery was one of the star performers for the Les Bleus at the FIFA World Cup in Germany, and Gunners manager Arsene Wenger had immediately signalled his intentions about the possible target.

Real Madrid are also believed to be one of the several clubs interested in the electric winger.

Sagnol, meanwhile, has urged Ribery to join Bayern following a recent meeting between the sides in Dubai when the Bundesliga had a mid-season break.

Bayern also have a void to fill after 27-year-old midfielder Sebastian Deisler retired earlier this week, and according to Sagnol, Ribery is an ideal replacement for Deisler.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:04 am

Unreliable sources have informed me that Bayern have bid 16.5 million euros on Ribery! [-o<
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SNAKE » Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:13 am

Not enough in my opionion, Marseille wants €22M. I dont know.....

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News