You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Franck Ribéry

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Franck Ribéry

Postby Alduin » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:36 pm

#12 wrote:How are you gonna explain a quality starter that he's earning less than a player you can only play 45 mins with good conscience?

How are you gonna explain a quality starter that he's earning less than a player you can only play 15 to 30 mins with good conscience?

I fixed it.

I respect our legends but they cannot play more than 30 minutes. We need new players that can make the difference for 90 minutes week in, week out. Of course, our board won't get the players we need.
Mia San Mia!
Alduin
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Costa Rica

Re: Franck Ribéry

Postby Dusel » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:20 pm

Ribery is an absolute club legend. I remember how excited I was watching him rip Bremen to shreds in one of his earliest Bayern matches, and then the first glimpse of greatness when Ribery and Robben came off the bench to finish off the 3-0 win against Wolfsburg.

However, all good things must come to an end. IMO - it's time for Ribery to be benched and either a) released when his contract runs out or, b) sold in January. In 6 matches he has 1 assist and 1 goal. Both came against 3rd division Chemnitzer. He is disrupting team chemistry, and is taking home a hefty salary. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem ready to gracefully transition into a super-sub role, but rather still sees himself as the permanent starter unless he needs rest. This will cause performance problems for the team in the short-term while Ribery is on the pitch under-performing, and long-term as it will hinder the development of players like Kingsley Coman.

It's time for Ribery to take a page out of Lahm's book and ride into the sunset while you are still the hero.
Dusel
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
United States of America

Previous

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News