You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Franck Ribéry

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Postby Romana » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:23 pm

tracylynn wrote:
Duncan wrote:Can someone edit the thread title to "mysterious Frenchman". There is no sign of evidence that Bodmer is meant by the short paragraph in the Sueddeutsche Zeitung

Title has been changed. I made it out like it was a title to a book or movie. Do you like?

sure :)
Romario & Thomas Brolin

Romana
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Duncan » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm

tracylynn wrote:
Duncan wrote:Can someone edit the thread title to "mysterious Frenchman". There is no sign of evidence that Bodmer is meant by the short paragraph in the Sueddeutsche Zeitung

Title has been changed. I made it out like it was a title to a book or movie. Do you like?

it's perfect! Thank you ;)
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Duncan » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:31 pm

short list of potential frenchman:

(with french passport)

Mavuba
Rothen
Malouda
Nasri
Bodmer
Piquionne

(without french passport)

Toure
Feindouno
Ederson
Odemwingie
Faé
Emana

definitely not a complete list but I tried to eliminate already some players like Fred that are simply not realistic. My personal favourites are Toure and Feindouno

edit: updated the list
Last edited by Duncan on Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:20 pm

Thanks for this list Duncan! By Frenchman though I understand someone who's French not someone who's playing in France. How is the wording exactly?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Duncan » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:15 pm

The Sueddeutsche Zeitung wrote "Franzose" that means a player with french nationality. They didn't write more either cause they didn't want to or cause they didn't know more. Nonetheless I think it would be wrong to exclude those players in the french league that are interesting but that don't have a french passport. Such assumptions can wait till more infos or evidence is coming out
Duncan
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby soccerkyle » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:00 am

I like Malouda the most out of that list and Bodmer is good also
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Romana » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:36 am

really i don't prefere any of them :)
it's my own point of view :D
Romario & Thomas Brolin

Romana
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby diegis » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:34 am

mmm
I would like to see Malouda, Nasri, Bodmer or Feindouno at Bayern from that list :)
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby FC Bajern » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:42 pm

I would go with Malouda too, I always liked him and he scores constantly... or he use to
FC Bajern

Postby MUTU » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:56 pm

From what I heard, this mystery player Florent Malouda and he was scouted, but he wasn't deemed to be fast enough, so Bayern turned their attention to Jansen once again.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby xevi » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:52 pm

i prefer jansen than malouda (maybe you think i'm crazy). jansen can play in the defence and in mid and is younger. in the future we can put lahm at right and jansen at left.
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby soccerkyle » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:08 pm

Jansen is more defensive while Malouda can score more goals
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Diouf: "Ribery can go"

Postby MUTU » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:51 pm

Marseille president Pape Diouf has told Eurosport that Franck Ribery can leave in the summer - but only if the price is right.

Ribery was linked with a move after the 2006 World Cup, but Marseille refused to let him go and are reaping the rewards as they push for Champions League qualification.

"There's a reason for us having moved heaven and earth to keep Franck Ribery," Diouf told Eurosport about the decision to retain him this season. "We knew at that time that there could be some pressure on our team.

"What he showed (in the 4-1 win over) Lille last week is not a consequence of luck at our decision to retain him. To come back from our last defeat, at Lorient, it has to be said that we missed him."

Diouf went onto admit that Marseille would be open to offers for the player, who has attracted interest from the likes of Arsenal, Juventus, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Lyon.

"I have left the door half-open for him and have given him good-will if he decides to go," he continued. "What I'm trying to say is that we will be less inflexible this year. Last year it was "He will not leave" but today it is different.

"If the conditions are right for a transfer, we will not close the door. But for this to happen there must be a buyer, the boy must be happy to go to this potential buyer and we must be in agreement with the buyer.

"If we are in agreement, there will be no problem. But you cannot say that, just because he is allowed to leave on good terms, he will automatically leave. Franck Ribery has also said that, if we get to the Champions League, he could stay."

Diouf, however, denied that there were any suitors for a player who missed a month recently with a foot injury, and gave a hint as to what such a suitor would have to part with in order to acquire Ribery's services.

"There has been no approach, to be honest," he admitted. "Regarding his price, we have an idea. I believe Jean-Michel Aulas when he says players like (Lyon defender) Eric Abidal are worth 25-30 million euros. That already gives an indication on how much our player - who is an attacking midfielder and international - would cost."

Cisse went onto deny that a new buyer had been found for Marseille following the collapse of the Jack Kachkar deal.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby iplayfm2007 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:18 pm

i think that he's a good player but he's not sensational
iplayfm2007
Getting the hang of it

Postby SNAKE » Tue May 08, 2007 5:26 pm

Ribery Sounds Out English And Spanish Clubs

Marseille creative genius Franck Ribery has declared that he would like to move to England or Spain were he to leave the club in the summer.
"It is true last summer OL [Lyon] were very interested in me, but now, I am only attracted by a move abroad," Ribery told France Football.

"If I leave, it would only be for a foreign club."

He then dismissed interest from Germany, and singled out Spain and England: "I know I am not very excited by a country like Germany. I prefer English and Spanish leagues.

"The clubs that make me dream? Manchester [United], Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Chelsea and Milan."

He was also adamant that he wouldn't make a decision based on money, but on being able to play regularly: "Money won't make me choose, because there is money in any of those clubs.

"I just want to play. I don't want to change my club just to stay on the bench."

He admitted that his desire to play in the Champions League was an important factor, but also that he would be happy to do so for Marseille if they get there.

"The day I leave Marseille, I would like to leave with my head held high, serene," he said. "My priority is to play in the Champions League next season, and why not with Marseille? I will do my best for l'OM to reach it.

"Then we will see what happens at the end of the season."

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News