You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Fabian Giefer

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Fabian Giefer

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:55 pm

ojasmhatre wrote:the reports indicate he may be the third choice for Bayern and he is very talented good enough to compete with Neuer and be the no.2 for 'the time being'!

Really? Because last I heard he wasn't even playing for Bayern II... :o
In Pep I trust
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby München Minded » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Really curious that we are linked with a few backup keepers when Butt retires. I am curious if Bayern go for a young or old backup to Neuer. I personally like the young hungry types, as Neuer is more experienced and mature, so getting another experienced mature keeper seems redundant.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby OhioFan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:47 am

Young players want to play, older players are glad to collect a check and sit with an occasional feature..... :think:
Mir ren' boarisch, und Du?

OhioFan
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby München Minded » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:40 pm

The only thing I am worried about young keepers about, is the Kraft or Rensing types -- complaining on the bench. We need a keeper who understands he is backup to Neuer, and when given a chance he better pull it off, and he will still be a backup to Neuer -- unless Neuer turns to sh*t and the backup is smoking hot -- but that is rare. Neuer will probably stick around and be like the next Kahn for Bayern.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby appudds » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:33 pm

München Minded wrote:Neuer turns to sh*t and the backup is smoking hot -- but that is rare.

Happened with Adler.
Once small injury to Adler, and suddenly Bernd Leno, who was bought as temporary replacement, became no.1 and Adler went to no.2
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby quaazi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:14 pm

Small injury? :lol:
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby München Minded » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:23 pm

appudds wrote:
München Minded wrote:Neuer turns to sh*t and the backup is smoking hot -- but that is rare.

Happened with Adler.
Once small injury to Adler, and suddenly Bernd Leno, who was bought as temporary replacement, became no.1 and Adler went to no.2

Yep -- Adler's career is in the crapper now going to some lesser team, when before his options might have been bigger clubs. I am actually surprised at Leno's consistency. You never know, we went through two young promising keepers in Rensing and Kraft to end up paying a fortune for one -- would have been nice if Bayern could have produced high quality.
der Kaiser:
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby ojasmhatre » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:31 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
ojasmhatre wrote:the reports indicate he may be the third choice for Bayern and he is very talented good enough to compete with Neuer and be the no.2 for 'the time being'!

True he was not because of Sattlemaier and you know something Sattlemaier will be leaving the club this summer for sure and Reidmuller has been terrible so he too. Muller has been playing though not regularly he just turned 19 and is a huge huge talent for FC Bayern!
ojasmhatre
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:38 am

ojasmhatre wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:

True he was not because of Sattlemaier and you know something Sattlemaier will be leaving the club this summer for sure and Reidmuller has been terrible so he too. Muller has been playing though not regularly he just turned 19 and is a huge huge talent for FC Bayern!

Daniel Mueller turns 20 in two months' time and hasn't yet played a single match for FC Bayern II.

Source: http://www.fussballdaten.de/vereine/bay ... hena/2012/
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby München Minded » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:04 pm

I always though Sattlemaier would be the next backup. He is a decent keeper, and we want a backup, not some top level keeper who wants to play all the time and would just complain on the bench.
der Kaiser:
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:44 am

The rumour wasn't unfounded. Fabian Giefer admitted he had a contract offer from FC Bayern but he didn't want to remain forever on the bench behind Neuer.
20GB free cloud storage! -- follow this link, sign up, install app and we both get 5GB extra :)
MUTU
Site Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby smaw2010 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:37 am

MUTU wrote:The rumour wasn't unfounded. Fabian Giefer admitted he had a contract offer from FC Bayern but he didn't want to remain forever on the bench behind Neuer.

So he'd rather playing in a poor club with low wages than being the backup goalie of a Champions league contender with high wages which is enough for his rest of the life.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby lau03143 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:40 pm

smaw2010 wrote:
MUTU wrote:The rumour wasn't unfounded. Fabian Giefer admitted he had a contract offer from FC Bayern but he didn't want to remain forever on the bench behind Neuer.

So he'd rather playing in a poor club with low wages than being the backup goalie of a Champions league contender with high wages which is enough for his rest of the life.

I commend him for that. At least he's playing football with Düsseldorf. That's what every player should be aiming for. Starketip the better fit for the position on the bench.

What's the point collecting a wage and Neuer playing? At least he had the ambition and guts to turn it down.

Edit to say Düsseldorf
Last edited by lau03143 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
To all those, Over the years,
who have come to
Munich as strangers
and left as good friends.
Zum Wohl!
lau03143
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby MUTU » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Actually, he left Leverkusen. Bayern tried to get him to warm their bench rather than Leverkusen's. But instead he chose to be a first team goalkeeper at Fortuna Dusseldorf and will play against Bayern on Saturday.

I also commend him: he followed his sporting goals.
MUTU
Site Admin

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:49 pm

"When you are in your early 20s and have certain career objectives, you prefer to take another direction and take some risks. That's why I opted to reject Bayern," Giefer was quoted as saying by TZ.

"So I gave head coach Jupp Heynckes a call and told him that I had made the decision to go elsewhere instead."
MUTU
Site Admin

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News