You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Emil Forsberg

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Re: Emil Forsberg

Postby MUTU » Wed May 31, 2017 3:06 pm

RedQueen wrote:So I take it all you've seen were the two games against Bayern. In one of which he had an exceptionally bad day. At least that explains your most unusual player rating.

That's why I'm basing it on what the community-driven ratings of TM, FM and FIFA declare him. If you think he's better than this, that would make your ratings unusual. It's not that I hope he's not good, it's that I'm wary about forking out a lot of money for a player who could have been a one-season wonder. For all we know, this time next year RB Leipzig could be mid-table and Forsberg looking very mediocre. Or he could be touted as a star. It's a big risk.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Wed May 31, 2017 3:37 pm

MUTU wrote:
RedQueen wrote:So I take it all you've seen were the two games against Bayern. In one of which he had an exceptionally bad day. At least that explains your most unusual player rating.

That's why I'm basing it on what the community-driven ratings of TM, FM and FIFA declare him. If you think he's better than this, that would make your ratings unusual.

My ratings are based on what I've seen in more than two dozen Leipzig games, and they are perfectly in line with what Kicker, Squawka and Whoscored are saying. I trust them over TM (for reasons I've explained at length) and over computer game communities who barely watch a game.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed May 31, 2017 3:57 pm

RedQueen wrote:
MUTU wrote:

That's why I'm basing it on what the community-driven ratings of TM, FM and FIFA declare him. If you think he's better than this, that would make your ratings unusual.

My ratings are based on what I've seen in more than two dozen Leipzig games, and they are perfectly in line with what Kicker, Squawka and Whoscored are saying. I trust them over TM (for reasons I've explained at length) and over computer game communities who barely watch a game.

Kicker, Squawka and Whoscored don't talk market value, but evaluate player performance. While the two are generally related, they are not always a 1:1 relationship. For example, Vardy had a great 15/16 season. But he wasn't as good as his performances, and it showed this season where he was not able to replicate the season again the follow year. I wouldn't go as far as saying he was a one-season wonder as that would be unfair on him, but I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from. Hence, player valuations always lag a bit behind when the player either suddenly starts getting out-of-the-ordinary great performances or a big dip in performance, due to what I'm saying... form vs normal quality.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Wed May 31, 2017 4:36 pm

Just checked the forum threads in the TM market value forum, for the fun of it.

http://www.transfermarkt.de/douglas-cos ... 489/page/2

http://www.transfermarkt.de/forsberg-em ... 174/page/2

The posts are in German of course, but the numbers and signs are pretty much self-explaining (the limit the forum software allows starting from 15 m is a value of 26 m, but in the posts a number of users comment that he should be valued at least 30 m).

Here's Sanches (quite controversial, that one):
http://www.transfermarkt.de/sanches-ren ... 61/page/13

Kimmich:
http://www.transfermarkt.de/kimmich-jos ... _id/235049

and Coman:
http://www.transfermarkt.de/coman-kings ... 601/page/4

So don't be surprised if in four weeks time Forsberg is worth more than any of the four all of a sudden.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bluex145 » Wed May 31, 2017 8:01 pm

The agent Hasan Cetinkaya denies Bayern Munich, otherwise he does not want to comment on what it looks like with the other clubs.

- I will never comment on which clubs it is about. There are great clubs that are great enthusiasts of Emil, says Cetinkaya.
Bluex145
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby pyrasur » Wed May 31, 2017 8:02 pm

If I hadn't also just crushed my physical, RedQueen would be making my day. Killin it on the TM explanation!
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:40 pm

Mist be the fastest growing thread ever - especially considering there's one - doubtful - source only and literally NO news at all
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Wed May 31, 2017 9:58 pm

It's worth it. It was about time that these TM "market values" were put into perspective. Far too many people believe that they are some sort of professional assessment.

Forsberg broke the historical Bundesliga record for assists with 22 assists. De Bruyne with 21 assists left for 74 million, age 24 years. Mkhitaryan with 20 assists left for 42 million, age 27 years and with only one year of contract left. Both had at least one horrible season prior to their record season. Forsberg is 25 and has five years of contract left. I'm not suggesting Bayern should sign him; I want him to stay put. But to suggest he's worth 12 million is ridiculous. MUTU really should start watching him play, and not on FIFA or football manager. On the off-chance that they let him leave this summer (which I doubt), he won't be sold for less than 40 million at least.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Wed May 31, 2017 10:01 pm

It's almost as if market values were determined by the market. Crazy.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed May 31, 2017 10:58 pm

Yeah I'm fully with RedQueen. Don't want us to get him, hope he stays at RBL, but anything under 40m for the guy would be an absolute bargain.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:05 am

There's not much reason for him to move is there? Top player at the number two club in Germany, and a club that unlike Arsenal is going places and has clearly defined ambitions. Leipzig is only going to continue to get better, and it's great that a club from East Germany is making it and using unrestrained West German capitalism to get there.

My uninformed opinion is that Forsberg's agent is just looking out for Forsberg and trying to get his client the best salary he can get. If Forsberg goes he's just going to be another winger at Liverpool or Man United scrapping for fourth place and using ugly football to beat Ajax. If he stays he can be part of something that is shaking up German football.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:09 am

Or you know third option he plays for us and helps win the Champions League.

But I prefer he stays and makes the Bundesliga something interesting again.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby krkla » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:15 am

One trick pony. Sorry for being a negative Nancy.
krkla
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby aterford » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:26 am

Again I'll put a bit more cold water on this one.....

Why on earth would RBL sell for the price being quoted???

To recap:

-RBL have no shortage of cash
-Forsberg is under contract until 2022 (!)
-30m would be low by most market standards

Just makes no sense.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby RedQueen » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:05 am

Made it into Whoscored's European team of the season.

Also the third best crosser in the BuLi according to whoscored (accurate crosses per game) - Costa is at 18.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News