You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Edin Džeko

Rumours and news about the transfer market. Who are FC Bayern attempting to sign? Who's going to leave? Find it all here.

Edin Džeko

Postby miera82 » Sat May 23, 2009 8:08 pm

Bayern keen on strike duo
Gomez and Dzeko attracting attention

Bayern Munich are keen to bolster their attacking options this summer with Mario Gomez and Edin Dzeko.

The German giants have already turned their attention to next season after finishing as runners-up to Wolfsburg in the 2008/09 Bundesliga final standings.

Second best is not a position they are used to and it is not a standing they intend to become familiar with.

As such, Bayern have already made it clear that they intend to delve into the transfer market over the coming weeks.

Stuttgart's Germany international Gomez has been touted as a possible new recruit for some time, and could be on his way to Allianz Arena, while an approach has already been made for Wolfsburg's Bosnian frontman Dzeko.

"Mario Gomez is a player who is very interesting to us," said Bayern team manager Uli Hoeness.
Options

Meanwhile, club president Franz Beckenbauer admitted that talks have been opened regarding Dzeko.

"We have already spoken to him," he said.

Ivica Olic, Anatoliy Tymoschuk and Alexander Baumjohann have already agreed to sign on for next season, joining from Hamburg and Zenit St Petersburg and Borussia Monchengladbach respectively, but Hoeness has promised there are more new arrivals to come.

"We'll try and add a player or two to go with midfielder Franck Ribery," he said.

"We need to agree the sums available for transfers with the supervisory board and strengthen the team, so there's no repeat of this season, where we more or less couldn't win the league on the second-to-last day of the season."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 48,00.html

i like this romours DZEKO better than TONI ..
miera82
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malaysia

Re: Edin Dzeko

Postby thulkazal » Sat May 23, 2009 8:35 pm

well it was on tz-online too linking us with gomez and dzeko but what about state that we are going next season with toni, klose, olic and muller
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby miera82 » Sat May 23, 2009 8:43 pm

maybe TONI will swap with gourcuff .. then muller will be loan .. and olic can play at midfield too .. but i think Gomez or Dzeko will come to munich .. i think one of them ...
if this duo come we will be alot striker next season and so unrealistic transfer.
miera82
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Malaysia

Postby MrLinky » Sat May 23, 2009 9:03 pm

Personally I would prefer Gomez over Dzeko, simply because he's been consistently among the top BL strikers for 3 years now, while the Bosnian has had his first good season. I really think other positions should be our priorities first though, when we get those sorted out and still have some money left they can think about signing a new attacker.
MrLinky
I post all the time

Dzeko or Gomez

Postby Zapatista » Sat May 23, 2009 9:06 pm

this is topic about your wishes
i vote for Dzeko
Zapatista
Getting the hang of it

Re: Dzeko or Gomez

Postby thulkazal » Sat May 23, 2009 9:28 pm

Dzeko for 2 reasons coz he is from BiH and coz i dont like pivot players (like Toni refering to Gomez)
thulkazal
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby hkahn01 » Sat May 23, 2009 10:08 pm

Mario Gómez
Let' s go my Bayern
hkahn01
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Schweini_rules » Sat May 23, 2009 10:21 pm

I have a feeling about Gomez. Babbel , Elber, Lahm all played for Stuttgart before moving to Munich. Every single transfer I can remember from Stuttgart to Munich has been a great success.

I'd vote for Gomez, but this article says both of them are or have been on Bayern's radar. http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 48,00.html
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KAHN » Sun May 24, 2009 12:09 am

MrLinky wrote:Personally I would prefer Gomez over Dzeko, simply because he's been consistently among the top BL strikers for 3 years now, while the Bosnian has had his first good season. I really think other positions should be our priorities first though, when we get those sorted out and still have some money left they can think about signing a new attacker.

I completely agree with you!
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby appudds » Sun May 24, 2009 2:34 am

I don't think we will seal the deal for both the players.............
Most probably, toni might be swapped with gourchuff.....
That leads us to filling up toni's spot..........
So either it will be gomez or dzeko.
I think the bayern board will give more priority to gomez because of his consistency in the bl.
Well... Dzeko is firing only this season........ He is not guarenteed success...
Hopefully i think only gomez and gourchuff are going to be our transfers for next season........
I don't know much about RB position.
We might either sign yuri zhirkov and let him play LB with lahm on right........
Or we might sign a RB like rafinha, torosidis, cissokho, etc.
So, mostly we will have a max. of 3 signings.. not more than that.
I don't think we will invest in goalkeepers..........
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby shileno » Sun May 24, 2009 4:13 am

I have the feeling that Dzeko will only go to Italy or England.
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Nikhil » Sun May 24, 2009 4:58 am

appudds wrote:I don't think we will seal the deal for both the players.............
Most probably, toni might be swapped with gourchuff.....
That leads us to filling up toni's spot..........
So either it will be gomez or dzeko.
I think the bayern board will give more priority to gomez because of his consistency in the bl.
Well... Dzeko is firing only this season........ He is not guarenteed success...
Hopefully i think only gomez and gourchuff are going to be our transfers for next season........
I don't know much about RB position.
We might either sign yuri zhirkov and let him play LB with lahm on right........
Or we might sign a RB like rafinha, torosidis, cissokho, etc.
So, mostly we will have a max. of 3 signings.. not more than that.
I don't think we will invest in goalkeepers..........

it would be awesome if we swap toni with gourcouff and get mario gomez.
i think it's right that he proved himself for 3 years now and dzeko only had one great
season so far.
if we then get zhirkov and put him on the left and put lahm on the right and get a good gk like rene adler
we would be really competitive next season.
Nikhil
Getting the hang of it

Postby walter » Sun May 24, 2009 5:01 am

I would prefer Gomez for the same reason MrLinky mentioned. Dzeko really impressed me this season but Gomez has shown great consistency, albeit Natioleft performances of lately.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby appudds » Sun May 24, 2009 6:30 am

U r 100% correct Nlikhil...
Those changes which we both have stated will really boost the competency in the cl.
We can also be among the class of man u, barca,etc......
But the only problem which i feel s that mario gomes is outstanding the bl alright..
But WILL HE BE IN THE SAME FIRING RATE IN THE CL???????????????????
I have never seen him play in cl.. So that way he is still a doubt..........
appudds
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
India

Postby alex84 » Sun May 24, 2009 8:43 am

I'm for Mario Gomez.
alex84
I'm a chatterbox!

Next

Return to Bayern Transfer Rumours & News